Author Topic: Giant Mailbox  (Read 2729 times)

Offline gibbanator

• Nooboo
Giant Mailbox
« on: January 21, 2021, 04:27:57 AM »
So I was attempting to stop my guest from stealing all my stuff in my house when throwing parties. Was told best way to do that is to use the cheat on the mailbox to remove the NAP. (take my stuff because you don't have and don't earn it, why they ever add that to the game.. man this world is so backwards). When I attempted to do this I could not find the Nap to turn off so was clicking on stuff when I added the mailbox to my head. I reset it and a small box returned to regular position but it left a large box still on the sidewalk. It is off the property so I can't go to build mode and sell it.. I tried no hand shows when I hover over it.

Here is a video on it: https://youtu.be/VrlwB5Uxi4E

Is there a work around or a way to remove it?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Giant Mailbox
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:30:21 PM »
I think if you do testingcheats on, and shift click, you should have an option to destroy object.

The NAP that allows your guests to rob you is called "Sharing is Caring."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gibbanator

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 02:18:33 PM »
test cheating is on but does not work :( I have test cheating always on threw MCC. I can delete the big mailbox if it is on property I own threw Build but the problem is it is off the property and I can not debug it.

just a pain to play with a giant mailbox in front of my house.

Also tried using the mod MTS Scrumbumbo EnableDebug but still can not get that box gone...

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
The tips on this thread on the AHQ Sims 4 forum might help.

Objects outside lot that Can't be deleted FIX
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Objects-outside-lot-that-Can-t-be-deleted-FIX/td-p/7880047
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 04:56:11 PM »
test cheating is on but does not work :( I have test cheating always on threw MCC. I can delete the big mailbox if it is on property I own threw Build but the problem is it is off the property and I can not debug it.

just a pain to play with a giant mailbox in front of my house.

Also tried using the mod MTS Scrumbumbo EnableDebug but still can not get that box gone...

@gibbanator
I'm sure I had this problem before.
Is it possible for your sim to set the giant mailbox on their head again?
If that's possible, your sim can then walk back deeper inside the lot so that you can click "Reset object" on the giant mailbox then delete it.
If that doesn't work, sorry!

Offline gibbanator

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 05:47:15 PM »
The tips on this thread on the AHQ Sims 4 forum might help.

Objects outside lot that Can't be deleted FIX
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Objects-outside-lot-that-Can-t-be-deleted-FIX/td-p/7880047

OOOHHH YEEESSSS! That worked.. Thank You MrsFlynn for the link..

I have even tried making a master wizard to burn it.. (FAILED) and a Master Klepto sim to try and steal it... both failed.. Sooo happy now.. :):):):)

@oshizu:
I tried that also.. I tried everything in fact... all that did was make a copy of the box to put on head but the old one still on sidewalk.

anything