Author Topic: Skin overlay stubbornly persists!  (Read 3503 times)

Offline SirJerjer

• Nooboo
Skin overlay stubbornly persists!
« on: December 25, 2020, 07:06:22 PM »
Hi, I made an account just to see if anyone here has experienced a similar issue or has any ideas what is causing it. I noticed recently that one of my female sims had something strange going on with her skin. Upon closer inspection it seemed like she'd been generated with an older CC male skin overlay and I just hadn't noticed at the time. It didn't fit her frame though (her chest has odd splotches where a suggestion of male nips would go etc) and has started to glitch occasionally, so I thought I'd just remove it in CAS. No such luck. It doesn't show up at all, and when I strip everything from every category including hair, it persists. I wondered if it might have been tagged as male, but it didn't show up even with all filters removed. I found the CC file in question and removed it from the mods folder, cleared the cache, opened the game. Still splotchy. I cleared the cache again, deleted the CC file entirely, no luck. Still splotchy. Removed my mods folder entirely, deleted cache. The dang overlay is STILL THERE, even with no mods at all, giving my poor sim an awkward skin condition. Any idea what I could do to solve this, or should I just accept that this is how she looks?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Skin overlay stubbornly persists!
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »
I am stumped as to what else to try.

I'm assuming you tried repair game, creating a new Sims 4 folder as part of troubleshooting without mods and custom content, add the Sim w/o cc to the library/gallery to be found in your tray folder. Load her into CAS to see how she looks?

Sims 4 - Repairing the Game (What & How-To)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29294.msg401672#msg401672

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

If none of this helps, you may need to contact the creator of the custom content to see if they have any troubleshooting tips to try.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SirJerjer

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 01:15:26 PM »
Thanks for your advice, I hadn't been quite that thorough. Frustratingly, the ghost of the overlay refused to disappear even with those steps, so eventually I did a factory reset of the game, uploaded the sim in question to the library, deleted the buggy original sim and downloaded a fresh new copy of her into my fresh new game. Some part of that process got rid of the overlay. For now... I'm half expecting it to turn up again when I look away!

Offline SirJerjer

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 01:53:02 PM »
...I spoke too soon, it's back. I'm going to message the creator of the CC, this is bizarre.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
It sounds like something may have gotten attached to the Sim even with saving her to the library and trying her in a new Sims 4 folder.

If I am correct, there is a program or programs that you can use to look at custom content, but I am not familiar with them. If this is something you're interested in you may need to ask over at the official forums, as they'd know more.

If the creator has any tips to fix the issue, please do share.

Hopefully one way or the other you're able to clean your Sim up and be able to play with her. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 06:35:55 AM »
The programme to look at custom content is Sims 4 Tray Importer, it can be used to look at cc on both sims and lots.  Find it here https://luniversims.com/files/file/73-sims-4-tray-importer/

Happy Simming

anything