Author Topic: "Festering Grudge"  (Read 38239 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
"Festering Grudge"
« on: December 16, 2020, 11:17:18 PM »
When I sent my Sim to college, I had him pursue a romantic relationship with one of his college roommates.  They started dating, and on the last day of class they got engaged.  After he got out into the real world, they had a wedding.

The problem?  One of their mutual college roommates.  This woman had serious boundary issues.  She didn't socially interact with anyone unless it was a romantic interaction.  She was flirting, caressing, kissing and just generally climbing all over everyone who dared to walk through the door.  Man, woman, dinosaur...it didn't matter to her.  It was almost like she had the Romantic trait 3 times.  In spite of this, everyone who lived in the house seemed to like her, including my Sim.

So, like I was saying...wedding!  I was inviting guests to the wedding and, without really thinking about it, I invited Kissy McKissface.  I'm schmoozing with the guests, and the most predictable thing imaginable happened:  during a conversation she just, completely out of the blue, started making out with my Sim.  I desperately cancelled the interaction but the damage was done.  She slapped my Sim (who was an innocent victim in all of this lol), had an argument with Kissy which devolved into a fist fight...it was all very Jerry Springer Show.  Turns out she's both Jealous AND Hot-Headed.  Because of course she is.  But I managed to get things calmed down and they took their vows and went home together.

Now, the wife has the Festering Grudge sentiment against him, so she's in a blind rage pretty much all the time.  The instant she lays eyes on him, her mood hits the floor and stays there for hours.

So, is there a way to get rid of that sentiment through regular gameplay?  I don't want to use cheats, because cheats are for cheaters.  ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: "Festering Grudge"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 01:47:33 AM »
Have them do lots of positive interactions together.  This should start pushing the scale back into the other direction.  It probably will take a lot to fix this mess though!  Do you have the Snowy Escape expansion?  If so, a lot of the activities in that will give positive sentiments if you do them together- such as hikes and the mountain climb event.  Basically, they need good things to remember when they're together, instead of having that altercation be the only thing on their mind.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PenguinFoop

• Nooboo
Re: "Festering Grudge"
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 08:51:17 AM »
When I sent my Sim to college, I had him pursue a romantic relationship with one of his college roommates.  They started dating, and on the last day of class they got engaged.  After he got out into the real world, they had a wedding.

The problem?  One of their mutual college roommates.  This woman had serious boundary issues.  She didn't socially interact with anyone unless it was a romantic interaction.  She was flirting, caressing, kissing and just generally climbing all over everyone who dared to walk through the door.  Man, woman, dinosaur...it didn't matter to her.  It was almost like she had the Romantic trait 3 times.  In spite of this, everyone who lived in the house seemed to like her, including my Sim.

So, like I was saying...wedding!  I was inviting guests to the wedding and, without really thinking about it, I invited Kissy McKissface.  I'm schmoozing with the guests, and the most predictable thing imaginable happened:  during a conversation she just, completely out of the blue, started making out with my Sim.  I desperately cancelled the interaction but the damage was done.  She slapped my Sim (who was an innocent victim in all of this lol), had an argument with Kissy which devolved into a fist fight...it was all very Jerry Springer Show.  Turns out she's both Jealous AND Hot-Headed.  Because of course she is.  But I managed to get things calmed down and they took their vows and went home together.

Now, the wife has the Festering Grudge sentiment against him, so she's in a blind rage pretty much all the time.  The instant she lays eyes on him, her mood hits the floor and stays there for hours.

So, is there a way to get rid of that sentiment through regular gameplay?  I don't want to use cheats, because cheats are for cheaters.  ;)

Okay wow!  That Kissandra Kissingmuch needs a cold shower x3!

And yeah, I'm dealing with a similar issue with my father/daughter situation.  I don't even know how she got the festering grudge toward him and seems nothing I do alleviates it.  Neither can apologize to the other and both are great friends.  Xanthippi is a toddler and I keep imagining her growing up, leaving home as soon as possible and never coming back.  It breaks her father's (Thanatos) heart to think he'll never see the only child that he has naturally with his wife, Persephone, (and only full human child) leave.  *sniff*

Sorry, Vasilios; Thanatos's alien son is learning the violin and playing a sad song, that's what the sniff is for, so sad.

Sadly everything I've seen online to deal with it so far is cheats and hacks.  <sigh>  I wish there were neither available in games.  It's no wonder people get so bent when they lose!  They don't even try, they simply cheat.  Oi!

Have them do lots of positive interactions together.  This should start pushing the scale back into the other direction.  It probably will take a lot to fix this mess though!  Do you have the Snowy Escape expansion?  If so, a lot of the activities in that will give positive sentiments if you do them together- such as hikes and the mountain climb event.  Basically, they need good things to remember when they're together, instead of having that altercation be the only thing on their mind.

I've tried to do father/daughter activities with them but the grudge hasn't even softened a little.  Of course, having three children with three different parent combinations, a dog, a spotlight to deal with, writing daily, the paparazzi, obsessed fans, celebrity love-interests and so on keep getting in the way of fully devoting to any one sim for very long so maybe that's why?