Author Topic: Infinite Loading Screen (2020 Version)  (Read 5163 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Infinite Loading Screen (2020 Version)
« on: December 12, 2020, 05:21:57 PM »
Hello,

I know there is a similar thread to this one but it hasn't been updated in a few years so I thought I would start a new one. In my Immortal Dynasty file, my sims are stuck in Egypt and are unable to travel back home. Usually I would just use my NRAAS mods to fix this, but I'm going for a HOF attempt.

Things I've Tried:

- Reloading to a previous save right before they traveled and using it.
- Reloading to an even earlier save right before they had traveled and using it.
- Turning my graphics to the lowest I can and trying to travel home.
- Rebooting my computer and reloading to a previous save.
- Clearing caches (twice).
- Using Game Booster to boost RAM.
- Trying save cleaner (not a mod) to see if it was the file's size causing issues.
- Made sure all saves were saved as "Save As."

My computer is strong enough to run the sims on ultra graphics and really hasn't had any severe issues like this before.  :-\

Expansion packs I'm currently not running (I usually have them all installed): Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future

Any help would be appreciated. I really want to go for a Hall of Fame attempt but I'm not willing to give up traveling when I have just reached generation 2. I'm also 90% sure it's not CC since I can travel in other save files (that have NRAAS mods).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Infinite Loading Screen (2020 Version)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »
Since you're trying for HOF, you may want to wait from a reply Trip. She may know what to try. As You've done all I'd be able to suggest.

While searching I did find this thread at AHQ. In the first post it has some suggestions maybe worth looking into.

[WA BUG] Sims not arriving at Travel Destination
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/WA-BUG-Sims-not-arriving-at-Travel-Destination/m-p/145250#U145250
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 05:48:16 PM »
Since you're trying for HOF, you may want to wait from a reply Trip. She may know what to try. As You've done all I'd be able to suggest.

While searching I did find this thread at AHQ. In the first post it has some suggestions maybe worth looking into.

[WA BUG] Sims not arriving at Travel Destination
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/WA-BUG-Sims-not-arriving-at-Travel-Destination/m-p/145250#U145250

Thank you! I'll give some of those suggestions a shot.  :)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 06:14:43 PM »
Turns out the founder's spouse's gravestone was causing the infinite loading screen.  :o I stuck it in his inventory and didn't think much of it. It must have somehow corrupted itself. Luckily, I have a backup of her when the end of the dynasty comes so it doesn't matter much anyways. Thank you for your suggestions! I know this thread was alive a total of thirty minutes, but hey, maybe it will help out others.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »
Thanks for disclosing your solution. I mean it, no HoF status was jeopardized here either (like I prefer for graves to be accounted for and not corrupt but who doesn't?)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 06:36:46 PM »
Thanks for disclosing your solution. I mean it, no HoF status was jeopardized here either (like I prefer for graves to be accounted for and not corrupt but who doesn't?)

Thank you. That's a relief. I have never had a grave corrupt in my game before so I didn't think to check it. I guess the founder's spouse was angrier about dying than I originally thought.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 07:31:36 PM »
So apparently deleting the grave made my game decide that my founder and his daughter are no longer related to each other, but kept all other relations intact.  :o Just a heads up for anyone who deletes a gravestone.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 11:52:33 AM »
Just an additional update (the last one I promise):

In a pre-travel save, placing the corrupted grave in the mausoleum helped to save it and the family tree. It also prevented the infinite loading screen. For anyone attempting an immortal dynasty or playing without mods, I definitely recommend that you do not travel with graves or anything in your sim's inventories that seem even slightly buggy. I would definitely put imaginary friends in that category. Hopefully that helps anyone who is having issues.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 10:28:12 PM »
Thanks for the insight, I'd leave genie lamps as the cautionary third "don't travel with this, bud" item because it is tied to a sim but the lamp will spawn a new genie under other circumstances. Just be careful!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything