Author Topic: 7 Heroes 7.29: We're Finished! [Completed 4 March 2021]  (Read 46267 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: 7 Heroes 2.6. Our Peach Princess (20 Dec)
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2020, 10:21:04 PM »
Oh my goodness!!  The little Peach Princess is such a doll baby!  If we can't have Debra as the next heir, Momo is a rather acceptable substitute  :=)
Congrats on finishing the top-notch toddler project!!  And I hope Tetsuya finds a very nice, big, expensive gift to get Kaori to forgive him for not resetting her age until after her adult birthday  ;=)
So happy that you approve of Momo.
I briefly considered getting Tetsuya & Kiyomi to dress up as Mario & Luigi to protect the Peach Princess, but that would be a detour that most readers might not appreciate, haha.
Mom has already maxed her toddler skills. But, technically, Hiromi hasn't completed the 7 Top-Notch Toddlers project until Hiromi ages up to a child with the Top-Notch Toddler trait. soon, soon.
As you already know from your P10 dynasty, keeping live-out spouses young and alive is a very time-consuming process.

OMG, that toddler is gorgeous in that outfit!  And holy moly, batman, you have alot of stuff going on!
Lol, me and my goldfish memory can only do a single dynasty challenge at a time.
My heroes are planning to do 2-3 projects each, but they basically only work on one at a time (unless the toddlers are sleeping).
All the projects are so awesome and now we have 3 new ones, lol!

You make the 7 toddlers look so easy. I have to agree. Peach is just beautiful or should I say "peachy"
The hardest part of the toddler project was keeping other household members away from the 7 toddlers.
Of course, Hiromi always runs off to avoid toddler care while her NPC husband and her two suns would always try to interact with them.

Otherwise, the combo of Hiromi's Matriarch trait and a 64-tile Tiny House really sped up the toddler skilling.
It helped that Hiromi is only doing non-career projects.
Your sims have micro-managed triplet toddlers before, so I'm sure you'll find the 7 Toddlers project time-consuming but not hard. ;)
sdhoey, I'm sure you'll fly through the Toddlers Project!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
7 Heroes 2.7. Our Villa - A Mini House Tour
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2020, 06:51:47 PM »
2.7.  Our Villa - A Mini House Tour

6Week 8, Sunday (Day 50, 4th week of Summer)

Tetsuya: Watcher spends all day today rebuilding our house.
Before the house tour, though, I'd like to share the new of Mama's new project.

Last week, she became a Bestselling Author in order to write Books of Life for our family.
During that process, she'd published 3 motivational bestsellers.
This morning, she officially take on the Motivational Bestsellers Project and publishes her first Project bestseller.

Tetsuya: As for our house, we'd asked for a modern Japanese style.
Watcher often builds from photos of real homes, but lacked a good model for our house.
The only good thing I can say about its exterior is that it has solar-panel roofing.

Watcher: The exterior turned out really ugly. *sighs

Our house has a modified U shape, with a spacious entryway and rock garden.
Watcher insists that all the empty space is intentional.
Doesn't it simply increase the time it takes us to move around the house? *shakes head

The genkan area, where we remove our shoes, leads to a formal living room.
Watcher tried to bring an outdoor feel to the interior with three sunken garden areas.

To the right, there's a kitchen and dining area.
The first room on the left is the bedroom my siblings (Kiyomi and Momo) presently share.

Here's a closer look at the right wing.
From right to left, there's a sunken kitchen, dining area, Focused Room, and sunken den.

Behind the kitchen, there's a family kotatsu room with an indoor hot springs across the hall.
Watcher plopped down the styled "Private Hot Spring" room and is still remodeling it.

Here's a better look at the left wing.
On the left, there's the children's bedroom and several water closets and shower rooms.

Next come Mama's bedroom with ensuite and, at the end, our Inspired Studio.
The studio's empty now but we plan to eventually buy easels, rocking chairs, and more.

Ssshhhhh, here's my secret underground lab beneath the Inspired Studio.
As you can see, I've yet to display my tested serums on the far wall.

I had to discard over a dozen serums because I discovered they were tainted!
My final stockpile will consist only of untainted, tested serums.

At the last minute, Watcher decides to add a pool and patio area.
With only one week of summer left, we won't get much use of this area.
Something to look forward to for next year, I suppose.

Anyway, that's it for our house tour.  Testing the platforms took hours!
The exterior needs work (a LOT of work), but we can grow into its interior.

What, my bedroom? It's upstairs. Watcher said not to show anyone the second floor yet.

Remarks
*Size of the house: The house anticipates room for 7 resident heroes. I'd like to downsize it, if possible.
  The family kotatsu room feels superfluous. In Japan, the kotatsu is only taken out of storage for cold-weather months (autumn and winter).
  Unfortunately, the kotatsu is currently the only furniture available that suits a tatami room.
  I would love a non-kotatsu table with floor seating.

*Some tips for the garden project: There are several ways to speed up plant growth. My founder Hiromi used: 
-- Garden planters/pots (Playalot's testing showed faster growth in planters/plots than in the ground);
-- Great Soil lot trait;
-- Let It Grow: Tiny Living perk for a Micro House of 32 tiles or less;
-- Super Green Thumb reward trait;
-- In-season or all-season plants (sheltered plants grow slower); and
-- Plants with a 24-hour growth cycle (Carl's Gardening skill guide lists growth cycle for all plants).
-- reggikko's use of the Chemical Analyzer is an excellent strategy and your sim doesn't need to be a Scientist to use it.

*"Taming of the Shoe" Sign: With this larger house, I added the Taming of the Shoe sign to specify an "indoor footwear rule."
Before entering the house, sims will remove their shoes, changes to slippers, or keep their shoes on.
A Proper sim gets embarrassed if they don't follow the "footwear rule," or gets angry when another sim neglects to follow it.
On the other hand, my sims don't have the Proper trait; if they fail to change to slippers before entering, they often get a Playful "Shoes Shmoes" moodlet because they "don't care."
I have to click on that sim and choose "Follow the household rule."

Maybe the devs don't care, but I personally found the Playful "don't care" coding rude and insensitive.
Why bother even adding tatami mats if the sims will trample it with their shoes? (End of rant)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
7 Heroes 2.8. Festering Hurt, Angrily Unblessed
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2020, 07:57:02 PM »
2.8.  Festering Hurt, Angrily Unblessed

Week 8, Monday (Day 51, 4th week of Summer)

Hiromi: Kiyomi's gone to school today because he has nothing better to do.
Tetsuya's also at work, though he should have stayed home to synthesize serums.

Me, I'm crafting flower arrangements for temporary storage in family inventory.
Yes, of course, I'm outside rather than in the Inspired Studio. I love the outdoors, remember?

Tuesday
I have no idea why Tetsuya insists on going to work today.
He only lacks 4 serums in his 70-serum stockpile!

Tetsuya: Isn't Watcher planning to join me at The Lab one last time before I quit?
Watcher: Um, probably not.
Tetsuya: Oh.

Hiromi: Kiyomi isn't thrilled with my taking over the club he created for his Social Butterfly aspiration.
But I have a great idea to shorten the time for giving away flower arrangements.
Up to now, it's taken me from morning to night to give away only 10 arrangements!
No more!

I rename the club "Gifting" and add seven friends or acquaintances to the club.
It's so much easier to give gifts without needing to introduce myself first.

After replacing my first 7 club members with 7 more, I've given away 14 arrangements in no time.
Here I am with my sister-in-law Nanami Ito and daughter-in-law Kaori Nishidake.

Wednesday
Kiyomi's been unreasonably angry ever since the Festival of Youth ended Sunday evening.
As soon as the festival notice arrived, Tetsuya and I gave blessings to both Kiyomi and Momo.

After the festival, Kiyomi gets consecutive 2-hr Angry "Unblessed, Unloved" moodlets.
And he feels negative sentiments toward not only Tetsuya and me, but even Momo.
Poor little Momo! Can toddlers even give blessings to older family members?

Tetsuya completes his stockpile of 70 serums this morning and takes the day off.

He only want to synthesize a Slimify serum and upgrade a second Simray.
Then he'll be ready to leave his Scientist career and The Lab behind.

Kiyomi ages up to a teen, still resentful about the blessing he believes he didn't get.
As for Momo, she's not upset about the darn blessing.
She's just hungry and tired.

Thursday
Our handsome Kiyomi, striding off to his first (and, hopefully, last) day of high school.
Except for his negative sentiments, he's the perfect son!

As soon as Kiyoshi returns home with an A, he ages up to a young adult.
With his 7 requirements done and 4 character values, he's qualified to bring in the next hero.

As expected, Momo ages up with the Top-Notch Toddler trait, completing my 7 Toddlers Project.
Welcome to the family, Momo. You're now officially a future hero!

Even after Tetsuya and I apologize to Kiyoshi, he still feels sad and hurt.
But now that Momo's a child, she can finally apologize to Kiyoshi, too.
And when she does, Kiyoshi loses both his negative moodlet and sentiments.

Momo doesn't understand why she had to apologize to Kiyoshi, but we're all glad he feels better.

Friday
Momo in her school uniform.
I'd hoped Momo would wear the child's version of her toddler hair.

But Momo aged up with this multi-color hair and asked to keep it.
My sons take Momo's side on the matter, so majority rules.

I've managed to write four more motivational bestsellers this week.
Only two more to go!

Kiyomi wants to do so many different things!
He has several projects in mind and is trying to prioritize which skills to learn first.
I'm sure he'll be happy to tell you all about it next time!

Household Progress

Founder: Hiromi
Completed Project (2 total)
 *Nurture 7/7 Top-Notch Toddlers and send to good homes
   7. Momo (now a child with the Top-Notch Toddler trait and future Hero 4)
In-Progress Projects
*Publish 5/7 motivational bestsellers.
   1. Commando: How to Ensure All Eyes Are on You
   2. The Power is Yours! Climbing Mt. Komorebi
   3. Heroic Heart, Heroic Deeds
   4. Reach for the Stars! Be a Hero
   5. Believe in Success
*Max Flower Arranging skill (10/10) and gift 39/70 flower arrangements.

Hero 2: Tetsuya
Completed Project (Two total)
*Max Scientist career (Level 10/10) and stockpile 70/70 untainted, tested serums.
 (Need Fixer x9, Snake Oil x20, Spark Drive x25, and Synthetic Food x16)..
In-Progress Project: TBD

Future Hero 3: Kiyomi
Traits: Good, Adventurous, Active; Top-Notch Toddler
Character Values: Emotional Control, Compassionate, Good Manners, Responsible
7 Requirements:  Complete
In-Progress Projects: TBD

Future Hero 4: Momo
Traits: Charmer; Cheerful; Top-Notch Toddler
7 Requirements: Incomplete
   1. Earn 4/7 scout badges: Good Deeds, Scholarly Aptitude, Sociability, Civic Responsibility

Remarks
*Festival of Youth: I am definitely not a fan of this festival. Kiyomi's spent five days feeling negative sentiments toward the entire household and my founder, Hiromi, got frequent Playful buffs. Luckily, the Festival of Youth wasn't held while Hiromi worked on her Toddlers Project.
*Chemistry Lab: I'd mistakenly believed only Scientist sims could use this to make serums.
As expected, my non-Scientist household sims cannot use it.
To my surprise, though, Tetsuya can still synthesize serums even after maxing/quitting that career.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: 7 Heroes 2.8. Festering Hurt, Angrily Unblessed (26 Dec)
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2020, 10:19:46 PM »
You're making such amazing progress!!
I actually really enjoy the house, outside and all  ;=)
Child Momo is just lovely!  I felt so bad for the little dear when she was a victim of Kiyomi's unblessed, unloved moodlet!  Poor little angel baby  :=(

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2020, 12:05:33 AM »
Wow, you’re just cruising along.

Can you clarify some serum info for me? Do you test a serum three times before you can be certain of that serum being effective? Honestly, I’ve never played much with the serums and I’m not really sure how to ensure they are good. For example, sometimes they aren’t tainted, but they don’t work. Is that because they haven’t been tested?

Little Momo is just adorable, and I love that name. I wonder why Kiyomi was angry at everyone. I’m pretty certain only adults can give the blessing. I agree that playful “don’t care” moodlet is insensitive. As you know, I’m always interested in Japanese culture, but I’ve basically gotten my information from books. It’s nice to have more of a personal perspective.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2020, 01:54:35 AM »
You're making such amazing progress!!
I actually really enjoy the house, outside and all  ;=)
Child Momo is just lovely!  I felt so bad for the little dear when she was a victim of Kiyomi's unblessed, unloved moodlet!  Poor little angel baby  :=(

Thanks! I like the interior of the house and the view from the back, but its facade is hopelessly meh.
Momo thanks you for sympathizing with her plight.  Kiyomi seemed to have forgot that his mother & brother had blessed him and that toddler Momo was unable to give him a blessing.
Growing pains of a new pack, I guess.

Wow, you’re just cruising along.

Can you clarify some serum info for me? Do you test a serum three times before you can be certain of that serum being effective? Honestly, I’ve never played much with the serums and I’m not really sure how to ensure they are good. For example, sometimes they aren’t tainted, but they don’t work. Is that because they haven’t been tested?

Little Momo is just adorable, and I love that name. I wonder why Kiyomi was angry at everyone. I’m pretty certain only adults can give the blessing. I agree that playful “don’t care” moodlet is insensitive. As you know, I’m always interested in Japanese culture, but I’ve basically gotten my information from books. It’s nice to have more of a personal perspective.

The process for synthesizing tainted and tested serums is identical.
First, Fiona needs to test 3 untested serums of the same type by (a) using the Friendly "Give serum" social on another sim (best method) or (b) drinking it herself (can fail and result in a long nap).
After that, the next time she's on the Chemistry Lab she gets an option to synthesize a tainted serum or the usual serum, but the normal serum she makes will be described as "tested." 
But my sim occasionally produced a tainted, tested serum when his needs and mood (Very Focused) weren't optimal.
Sometimes, my sim kept producing untested serums because I'd thought he'd already tested 3 but I'd counted wrong. Testing with tainted serums doesn't count.

Kiyomi should have been fine after his adult household members apologized but he remained angry until Momo apologized.
That's definitely a glitch.
That shoes-related Playful moodlet is so annoying! I'd built a sunken kitchen modeled after my grandmother's old house, but it's just another potential hysteria accident waiting to happen.
Next time I go into the game, I have to elevate the sunken kitchen b/c the indoor footwear rule oddly applies to that sunken kitchen so they switch into/out of slippers.
I complain but I am enjoying the Snowy Escape pack a lot!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
7 Heroes 3.9. Kiyomi, the Adventurer (1 Jan)
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2021, 07:58:57 PM »
3.9.  Kiyomi, the Adventurer

Week 8, Saturday (Day 56, 4th week of summer)
I'm Kiyomi Nana, the future third hero. I'm good, active, and adventurous.
I'll be attempting all the most adventurous projects!

So far, the weekend's turning out to be a disappointment.
I'd hoped to start adventuring right away in Selvadorada.
Instead, the focus has been on Momo's scout badges and aspirations.

I'm starting with the Omiscan Museum Project.
As you might imagine, I can only prepare so much without traveling to Selvadorada.
In the meantime, I've been working on useful skills for exploration.
Fishing, Fitness, Gardening, Handiness, Logic, Wellness--did I leave any out?

Week 9, Sunday (Autumn)
In the evening, we drop by the izakaya Ippai to celebrate Mama publishing her 7th motivational bestseller.

Tetsuya: I'm so sorry about misjudging you when I was boy, Mr. Akiyama.
Kado Akiyama: Join the club! People gossip that Megumi Ito and I had an extramarital affair.
But we were only high school sweethearts.

Tetsuya: So why are sims spreading untruthful rumors?
Kado: Hey, speaking of rumors, are you the mysterious father of my grandchildren?
Tetsuya: Oh, look at the time! Kiyomi, didn't you need to practice rock climbing?
Kiyomi: Huh?

Monday
This evening, Momo becomes a Pegasus Scout.
Sis, don't forget to quit that after-school activity!

We all know that Momo will be the creative, artistic hero!
She's hoping to use knitting for her skill and crafting requirements.
So far, she's Level 4 knitting but hasn't finished a single thing.
Momo, maybe you could try listening to some heavy metal?

Tuesday
Today we celebrate a holiday of sorts, so Momo can hunt for Decorative Eggs.
I totally get it. I didn't want to collect the same things as Mama or Tetsuya, either.

Tetsuya cooks a grand meal for us, which tastes okay.
You know, it just doesn't feel like a meal without rice...

I wonder if I'm expected to learn to cook, too.
Maybe later when I've made more progress with my projects?

By evening, Momo maxes Knitting.
As you can see, she's also collected 7 eggs and knitted 7 items.
Awww, you knitted that gray sweater for me, Momo?

Wednesday
Mama's adult birthday comes tomorrow.
After drinking an Age-Away Serum a day early, she gives one to Papa, too.

Sadly, it's impossible to tell whether the serum reset his age or not.
We all need to face the fact that we can't keep Papa alive forever. *sniffle, sniffle

Thursday
Kiyomi: We've arrived at Selvadorada at last!

Hiromi: Why do I have to stand here?
Kiyomi: Duh, Matriarch trait. I'm still only Level 4 Archaeology.
Hiromi: I'm happy to help. You're welcome.

Today's about learning Archaeology, so I stay around our villa and the marketplace.
Momo tries to complete the fish requirement but keeps catching the same 4 fish species.

Friday
Great! I can save on moodlet solvers for two days!

Hiromi: I think you should go back and get that dart poisoning treated.
Tetsuya: I agree. Being dazed keeps you from getting the good stuff from the gateways.

Kiyomi: Okay, but I just want to go through and reach the temple grounds.
That way, I can start from the temple when I return.

At our rental villa, I use my laptop to buy a poison antidote then chug it down.
One moodlet solver later, I head back alone to the temple.

Saturday
Zygo: Wow, you're here late!
Kiyomi: Yeah, I'm taking it slow and excavating every single dig site in this temple.
During this trip, I'm trying to excavate as many materials as possible.
I even skipped my first Festival of Snow, which is going on tonight!

Week 10, Sunday
Everyone else has been a little bored during my exploration of the temple.
So today we all hang out at the Cantina and marketplace.

Momo spends the entire time socializing with the tourists and vendors.

Who, me? Uh, Watcher swears this is part of one of my future projects. *coughs

After our vacation, we spend a few hours at the park.
Time enough for Mama to gift more flower arrangements and Momo to catch her last 3 fish.

Back home, I've rearranged the Focused Room for my Omiscan Museum project.
Time for me to knuckle down and work through my many dirt artifact clumps!
I can start the Astronaut career later this week, after Momo's young adult birthday.

Household Progress

1st Hero: Hiromi
Completed Project
*Publish 7/7 motivational bestsellers.
   6. Dare to Step Forward
   7. Eyes on the Prize

In-Progress Project
*Max Flower Arranging skill (10/10) and gift 54/70 flower arrangements.

2nd Hero: Tetsuya
In-Progress Project: Starting soon.

Future 3rd Hero: Kiyomi
In-Progress Projects
*Complete Omniscan Museum containing 4/16 artifacts and 0/9 relics
*Interplanetary Ambassador: Max the Astronaut career, visit Sixam, and have 1/7 Sixamite friends
*Guide 0/7 different sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi

Future 4th Hero: Momo
Traits: Charmer; Cheerful; Top-Notch Toddler
7 Requirements: Complete
   1. Earn 9/7 scout badges: all badges
   2. Reach Level 10/7 of Knitting
   3. Make 7 objects (knitted): 2 beanies, 3 pairs of socks, 1 sweater, and 1 rug
   4. Find 7 collectibles: Decorative eggs
   5. Complete 7 emotional whims: I/Play instrument, H/Chat with s.o., H/Send happy text, E/Do sit-ups, E/Do push-ups, E/Cannonball into pool, E/Enthuse about interests.
   6. Have 7 good friends: Kiyoshi Ito, Holly Ito, Rafael Padron, Morgan Fyres, Violeta Luna, Aitana Miranda, Michiko Kondo.
   7. Catch 7 unique fish: Tetra, Bass, Tambaqui, Catfish, Angelfish, Rainbowfish, Tuna.

Remarks
*Resuming a knitting project: My sims can't resume a knitting project while seated in a rocking chair (with arms).
They can only resume one while seated on a loveseat, couch, bed, and such. Would an armless rocking chair work?
*Selvadorada timing: I timed Kiyomi's first trip to Selvadorada unwisely. We waited until Momo was nearly done with all her badges, aspirations, and requirements.
  Instead, Kiyomi should have gone to Selvadorada right away, so he could work on his artifacts/dirt clumps at home while Momo did what she had to do. *sighs

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 7 Heroes 3.9.: Kiyomi, the Adventurer (1 Jan)
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2021, 08:55:31 PM »
Wow, they're really moving along. Happy New Year!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: 7 Heroes 3.9: Kiyomi, the Adventurer (1 Jan)
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »
I am a huge fan of Momo, and guessing from your screenshots, you are too  :=)
Poor Kiyomi.  I think he's great and I admire his adventurous leg of the journey, but I just can't get enough of little Momo.  Of course, when Kiyomi was called out on the illegitimate children, I was quite amused and didn't even miss Momo from that screenshot  ;=)  And then when he comes out from his "intimate time" with the alien?  What are you up to this time, oshizu?  Adopting an alienboo into the household as a future hero?
Great update, excellent progress, and a wonderful amount of Momo time  :=)  Looking forward to what's next...and finding out what the plan is for the possible alienboo  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2021, 12:02:28 AM »
Wow, they're really moving along. Happy New Year!
Thank you, MarianT! 

I am a huge fan of Momo, and guessing from your screenshots, you are too  :=)
Poor Kiyomi.  I think he's great and I admire his adventurous leg of the journey, but I just can't get enough of little Momo.  Of course, when Kiyomi was called out on the illegitimate children, I was quite amused and didn't even miss Momo from that screenshot  ;=)  And then when he comes out from his "intimate time" with the alien?  What are you up to this time, oshizu?  Adopting an alienboo into the household as a future hero?
Great update, excellent progress, and a wonderful amount of Momo time  :=)  Looking forward to what's next...and finding out what the plan is for the possible alienboo  :=)
Actually, I'm more of a Kiyomi fan but, to be fair, I want to include shots of Momo's childhood days. :)
As for getting called out, the mysterious father of Mr. Akiyama's grandkids is Tetsuya, not Kiyomi.
Regarding Kiyomi and an alienboo, we cannot move in a nooboo born outside of the dynasty household. Kiyomi's fling with the female alien merely reflects the watcher's desperate attempt to increase his chance of abduction, LOL!
There's another route apart from abduction, but it's a rule violation and only offers a 50/50 chances of an alienboo.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2021, 09:56:20 AM »
So glad to see someone else doing the Omiscan Museum!  Mine is probably half done.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2021, 10:33:22 PM »
So glad to see someone else doing the Omiscan Museum!  Mine is probably half done.

@simfulicious
How many days did your sim spend at Selvadorada to reach the half-finished stage?
After two full days in Selvadorada and several more days unearthing/excavating some of his finds, he's also roughly half done.
I have a feeling though that finding the remaining stuff will take longer than a single trip. More like 2-3 more trips?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
7 Heroes 3.10: Dance Like an Egyptian (3 Jan update)
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2021, 03:07:31 PM »
3.10. Dance Like an Egyptian

Week 10, Tuesday (Day 66, 2nd week of fall)
It's 4 am and I'm ready to hit the sack after authenticating artifacts on an all-nighter.
Suddenly I hear strange music and go outside to investigate some odd lights.
Heeellllpppp!

Oh no! You know what folks say about the aliens letting you down easy!
Watcher: Dare we hope?

I return home around 6 am and it's the darndest thing!
I don't remember anything about what happened on the spaceship.

Daylight breaks and our day resumes its usual pace.
Mama decides to start learning all the mentor-able skills and takes up the violin.

Tetsuya has started the Simbot Project in his underground laboratory.
Half the time he's dazed, he says, from working at the Robotics Station.

So I help him move his bed from our bedroom down to the lab.
Now he can just sleep it off in his lab.

I'm devoting the day to refining rare crystals for my relics.
Ugh, I've been feeling a little queasy since morning.

Wednesday
Momo ages up to a teen tomorrow, so she takes the day off school.
Papa Kiyoshi is helping her build Logic.

I've had a weird tummy ache all day.
Maybe it's time for my flu shots…

By the way, Mama's Age-Away Serum didn't work for Papa Kiyoshi.
He aged up to an adult during our trip to Selvadorada.

I assemble my 6 mystic relics, inserting the rare crystals that I refined yesterday.
Are you surprised by how many mystic relics I have already?  Don't be!
I maxed Selvadoradan Culture so the vendors would show me their secret wares.

That's how I bought 3 Totecallama relics and 3 Watcher bases from a vendor.
But I still lack 3 relics and 2 bases.

Thursday
Momo ages up to a beautiful teenager this morning.
I help her with her homework, extra credit, and a school project.
We're sure she'll earn an "A" grade on her first day of high school tomorrow.

Tetsuya finishes crafting a Robo-Arm for himself this afternoon.
He never gets dazed anymore, he brags, on the Robotics Station.
So I help him move his bed back to our 2nd-floor bedroom.

Immediately after, of course, he gets dazed while crafting a circuit chip.
We move the bed back to his underground lab so he can nap there.

When I picked out my speedo 2 weeks ago, this was definitely not the look I'd envisioned.
I blame having to work at the archeology tables from morning to night.

My recent lack of exercise is totally ruining my physique! 
And all the excess weight is going straight to my waist!  *sighs

Friday
Mama crafts her 70th flower arrangement this morning.
Here she is with her remaining 16 flower arrangements.

I need to stay home and work on my dirt artifact clumps.
So Mama invites over several groups of people to gift her flower arrangements.
They include the six other sims she raised into Top-Notch Toddlers.

Naturally, she gives her 70th flower arrangement to her beloved Kiyoshi.

Momo returns home from school with an "A."
She's eager to begin her projects, so she ages up to a young adult right away.

Actually, Momo's an aspiring Painter Extraordinaire.
She's only temporarily switched to Nerd Brain while learning Handiness.

Momo starts crafting sculptures for her Art Museum Project.

My abnormal body changes and I usually work alone in this room with the dirt clumps.
It's quite nice to have company in the Focused Room for a change.

Saturday
You've probably been thinking I should dance like an Egyptian.
Only now do I realize that I've been living in Da Nile.
When I go into labor, the truth finally hits me.

At first, I want to give my child a cool alien name, like Cosmo.
Instead, I choose the Japanese name of Sora, which means sky.

By the way, I'm handing over the Interplanetary Ambassador Project to Sora!
Speaking of projects, I need to make a quick trip to Selvadorada before Sora's a toddler.

Household Progress

1st Hero: Hiromi
Completed Project
*Max Flower Arranging skill (10/10) and gift 70/70 flower arrangements.

2nd Hero: Tetsuya
In-Progress Project
*Create 0/7 Simbots and give them to 0/7 elders

Future 3rd Hero: Kiyomi
In-Progress Projects
*Complete Omiscan Museum containing 13/16 artifacts and 6/9 relics
*Guide 0/7 different sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi

Future 4th Hero: Momo
Traits: Charmer; Cheerful, Music Lover, Perfectionist; Top-Notch Toddler
Character values: Emotional Control, Responsible, Good Manners
7 Requirements: Complete
In Progress Projects
*Assemble an art museum: 0/7 masterpieces, 5/7 excellent wood carvings, and 0/7 excellent photographs
*Complete the Lady of the Knits aspiration and give away 0/70 knitted objects.

Remarks
*Alienboo: What a delightful surprise that Kiyomi got abducted as soon as I began this update's gameplay. I had even forgotten to enable "Contact Aliens."
*Artifacts: Kiyomi also bought 12 or so dirt artifact clumps from a vendor's stock of secret wares.
Dirt clumps are time-consuming but they've helped Kiyomi fill out his artifacts collection from home.
Also, the Artifacts Association has been helpful but on a vastly smaller scale. Only artifacts "Discovered by Kiyomi" qualify for his collection.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: 7 Heroes 3.10: Dance Like an Egyptian (3 Jan update)
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2021, 03:17:59 PM »
So happy you got your alienboo!!  Very exciting!  The continual Da Nile about it creates wonderfully funny moments and an excellent set up for the pun that led to the title of this update  ;=)
And Momo is just lovely!!!  So happy that she's off to a great start on her leg of the journey and so pleased that things are going so smoothly for you!
Welcome to the family, Cosmo Sora  :=)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 7 Heroes 3.10: Dance Like an Egyptian (3 Jan update)
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2021, 10:16:09 AM »
I guess we have to wait to find out Sora's gender. I like the name Cosmo; in fact, my first alien baby Sim in TS2, a girl,  was named Cosma.

4 heroes, and a 5th growing up -- you're moving fast!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything