Author Topic: Aubrie's Heroes: A Synopsis - Updated 9/18/21 - Felicia and Final Summary  (Read 15235 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Aubrie's Heroes: A Synopsis - Updated 8/29/21 - 6th Hero - Kyla
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2021, 04:12:20 PM »
What a wonderful update, GlazeyLady! I enjoyed it immensely from start to finish!

I loved reading about Kyla as she grew up and about her very own "Journey to Batuu." Are you a Star Wars fan?  Did you enjoy that project?
Haha, I have to say I rather enjoyed all the sneaking around that many of the Resistance missions required.
And the older Heroes in Kyla's household have been keeping busy and making great progress.

Wow, only one more Hero to go.  How very, very exciting!  Can't wait to read about her! <3

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2021, 05:48:46 PM »
What a wonderful update, GlazeyLady! I enjoyed it immensely from start to finish!

I loved reading about Kyla as she grew up and about her very own "Journey to Batuu." Are you a Star Wars fan?  Did you enjoy that project?
Haha, I have to say I rather enjoyed all the sneaking around that many of the Resistance missions required.
And the older Heroes in Kyla's household have been keeping busy and making great progress.

Wow, only one more Hero to go.  How very, very exciting!  Can't wait to read about her! <3

Thank you!

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I typically do watch any new Star Wars movie that comes out. It was the first time I'd played any of that pack, even though I've had it for awhile, and I did enjoy it. Given that there were still missions to accept, part of me did want to keep playing there, but I'm also wanting to finish this so I can start an Immortal Dynasty in Henford-on-Bagley. I don't know if the Star Wars comes to an "end" like the Strangerville Mystery does, but at some point I will likely either play it again or go back to the last save of this dynasty and take Kyla back.

I actually have played through the 7th hero, just need to add that story. It's pretty quick, actually, because Watcher was rushing through. You know, the 7th child just doesn't get as much space in the scrapbook as the first ones do.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2021, 10:33:54 AM »
What wonderful news that you've actually already completed this challenge.
Now that you've got your next goal in sight, I imagine it was hard not to resist playing your 7th hero faster than the others.
And an IDC in Henford-on-Bagley sounds like so much fun.  I've only started playing this pack in the past 3-4 days and I'm enjoying immensely so far.

Looking forward eagerly to hearing about your 7th hero! 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »
What wonderful news that you've actually already completed this challenge.
Now that you've got your next goal in sight, I imagine it was hard not to resist playing your 7th hero faster than the others.
And an IDC in Henford-on-Bagley sounds like so much fun.  I've only started playing this pack in the past 3-4 days and I'm enjoying immensely so far.

Looking forward eagerly to hearing about your 7th hero! 

Yes, I am excited to start that - I did go ahead and create my founder. She is a clone of Celeste - I just enjoyed playing Celeste so much - I love her smirk and other expressions. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2021, 04:42:51 PM »
Hero 7: Felicia

You know how parents always take a lot of pictures of the first-born child, but then fewer of the second and even fewer of third? Well, the same thing happened to me. In fact, my Watcher was so anxious to move on to something called an Immortal Dynasty that I even have to write my own summary.  Now, I'm not much of writer, so don't expect much.

I do think it's really cool to have a magic photo frame that updates the pictures automatically when someone joins the household. Here's the first family photo with me in it.
01 Felicia family portrait.jpg

Now if only we had that for things like birthdays, graduations, all the important events - then you'd still have pictures even if you were the third or fourth . . . . or seventh . . . . child.

Anyway, I think I pretty much did all the same things all the other women in my family did growing up.  We all had the same requirements.

My character traits were Responsible, Compassionate, and Good Manners, and my 7 fulfilled requirements were:
  • Scouting Badges: Arts and Crafts, Civic Responsibility, Scholarly Aptitude, Sociability, Outdoor Adventurer, Young Scientist, Give Back
  • Fish: Minnow, Salmon, Tetra, Tuna, Perch, Guppy, Trout
  • Collectibles: Heart Frog, Spotted Dirt Frog, Striped Heart Frog, Striped Dirt Frog, Leaf Frog, MySims Leaf, MySims Trevor Verily
  • Good Friends: Bernard Mullen, London Jansen, Tetsuya Ishikawa, Advik Joyson, Isao Fujii, Armando McDonald, Masaru Sasaki
  • 7 Non-Skill Books: The Art of Narwhals, Monkey Brown on the Monkey Bars, The Adventures of Pink Ruffles, The Travels of Raymundo, My Pizzi-Cat-o-Polka, Where the Boardwalk Ends, The First Unicorn
  • Emotional Whims: Inspired: Play an Instrument; Happy: Send a Happy Text; Energized: Send Energized Text; Sad: Send a Sad Text: Playful: Tell a Joke; Confident: Tell an Unbelievable Story; Focused: Read Something
  • Make 7 objects: Shapes Drawing, Vehicle Drawing, Holiday Crafts: Parties, Emotion Potion, Health Potion, Animal Drawing, Monster Drawing

My family - or my Watcher - I'm not sure which - had my project all picked out for me. I didn't mind all that much.  It was kind of fun, although I didn't have much time for taking pictures. I went to this weird town, aptly named Strangerville.  I met some odd folks with . . . peculiar . . . behaviors.
Infected.jpg

I had to break into the science lab and search for clues and unravel the mystery of the town.
Search for evidence.jpg

I discovered the peculiar behavior was due to an infection from a bizarre plant.  I  created cures and threw them in the faces of the infected. That was pretty fun. Once I  perfected the cure, I recruited some family members to help me defeat the Mother Plant and save the world.
Defeat the Mother plant.jpg

Celeste cured her 7th vampire, to complete that project.
Celeste last vampire.jpg

And that was pretty much it. I thought since I got so little attention, I should be the one to found the next Dynasty. But the Watcher has some special affection for Celeste, so she was chosen to continue. But Celeste said no thanks. Apparently you have to start a new Dynasty with no skills or extra traits or anything, and Celeste, who completed more projects than anyone else, wasn't keen on cleansing and starting a whole new Dynasty.

I thought sure Watcher would pick me. But no; She had Krista clone Celeste to create Annalise Everlive. Annalise is starting her Dynasty in Henford-on-Bagley, where she and the firstborn of 7 more generations will become immortal. Watcher said maybe I can found a dynasty sometime in the future. I think I'll read Annalise's story first and see if I think Dynasty Founder is something I really want. I'm not too sure about this Watcher. She seems to lose interest in her dynasties. I heard this is the first one she's actually completed in Simverse 4, and she only completed one in Simverse 3. So I'll see how she really does with Everliving before I decide.

At any rate, here's how Aubrie's 7 Heroes Dynasty finished up.
Final family portrait.jpg

Completed Projects:

Founder: Aubrie
1. Clean up Sulani and max conservationist career
2. Publish 7 motivational bestsellers
3. Write 7 unique songs
4. Nurture 7 topnotch toddlers and send them to good homes as children
5. Max Flower Arranging skill and give away 70 flower arrangements

Hero 2: Celeste
1. Assemble an art museum
2. Max Chef or Mixology and prepare 7 excellent meals, gourmet meals and drinks
3. Complete Lady of the Knits and give away 70 knitted objects
4. Perform 70 upgrades on plumbing and electrical items on community lots
5. Max Politics-Charity Organizer and grill 70 meals in a park
6. Cure 7 vampires

Hero 3: Krista
1. Assemble a natural history museum
2. Max the Tech Guru career and write 7 games
3. Create 7 Servos and give them to 7 elders
4. Max Scientist career and stockpile 70 serums

Hero 4: Sara
1. Interplanetary Ambassador - Max the Astronaut career, visit Sixam, and have 7 Sixamite friends
2. Max veterinarian skill, dure 7 pets, and befriend 7 strays

Hero 5: Jewel
1. Max Personal Trainer branch of Athletics and mentor 7 sims in fitness

Hero 6: Kyla
1. Complete Paragon of Hope aspiration

Hero 7: Felicia
1. Defeat the Mother in Strangerville

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Aubrie's Heroes: A Synopsis - Updated 9/18/21 - Felicia and Final Summary
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2021, 05:14:39 PM »
Congratulations, Watcher, on completing your 7 Heroes Dynasty, which I hear you finished much earlier than your final update. :)
So, congratulations, too, on posting your final update for your story!
I feel so bad for Felicia and her disappointment over being passed over as your next dynasty founder.
Which one is Felicia in your last family photo?  Is she on the far left in the green blouse?

Really looking forward to reading about your new Immortal Dynasty! 🧡

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2021, 06:14:09 PM »
 :'( :'(
Congratulations, Watcher, on completing your 7 Heroes Dynasty, which I hear you finished much earlier than your final update. :)
So, congratulations, too, on posting your final update for your story!
I feel so bad for Felicia and her disappointment over being passed over as your next dynasty founder.
Which one is Felicia in your last family photo?  Is she on the far left in the green blouse?

Really looking forward to reading about your new Immortal Dynasty! 🧡

Yes, she's on the far left. I also felt a little sad as I wrote that, but I've already gone through the process to get my Celeste-clone completely cleansed.
Oddly, I also noticed that in the pose the system gave me in the family photo, all the other heroes are touching; but Felicia is slightly apart from the rest. So that made me feel even worse about it.  :'(

Playing fast has been the way I play for so long - for a few years there my only play was challenges, so I was always focusing more on accomplishing - as much as possible, as fast as possible. So part of this dynasty was trying to teach myself to slow down and play more for fun. But with the projects, it was still about being focused on accomplishing.

So my goal with my Immortal Dynasty is to pay more attention to my sims and what they seem to want. Playing for their story, not just for their accomplishments. I remember a post you made some time ago about how you don't like to play on fast speed because you don't want to miss anything. I've missed a lot about what they are doing, what they want, their expressions.  So for the Immortal Dynasty, I'm not over-planning it. There are so many careers and aspirations and skills now that I don't worry so much about doing something early that messes me up later. I'm looking forward to unfolding their story rather than focusing on their achievements.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2021, 06:14:56 PM »
Congratulations Glazeylady on your HOF entry.

You can view your entry here: Aubrie's Heroes-HOF

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2021, 09:01:12 PM »
Congratulations! And I must say, all your heroes are very good-looking. Impressive achievements for all of them, too.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2021, 11:01:28 PM »
Thank you @sdhoey and @MarianT - looking forward to the next one.  :D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2021, 07:57:01 AM »
Great job, Glazy! :)