Author Topic: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Feb 6)  (Read 20132 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Dec 9)
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2020, 04:04:48 PM »
The unfortunate thing about fabricated furniture is that their Comfort and other stats are so low. (
The beds, at least, can be upgraded.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Dec 9)
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »
THAT WAS FAST

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Dear Mum and Dad,
The Quarry Building has been converted to a Maker Space.

It was lovely to see so many people making use of the machines. But there were so many people there that I had to go home if I wanted to get some work done!

Remember my saying that my fabrication machine never gave me any trouble? I was wrong. It sprayed dye all over me when I was trying to make a living room chair.

And as for the compost container that I installed on the toilet -- never again (unless I have to do it for work).

I took Bruce to Granite Falls for Freedom Day. While it was nice to have a change, I've made a mental note not to rent that particular cabin again, especially not in spring, autumn, winter, or the early days of summer.

Bruce caught a couple of new fish and collected enough frogs and insects to complete his 7 collectibles requirement. While looking for frogs, he also picked up one of your action figures, Dad, which we both thought was quite the coincidence. I learned the schematic for the camping mascot and plan to start cranking them out when we return home. It would be nice to have a little nest egg when we're ready to leave Evergreen Harbor.

I got Bruce a chemistry set, and it took him only a few hours to pick up his Young Scientist badge. He made 5 health potions, which should help him when he goes fishing.

I had planned to wait until I became an adult before I started taking the life-extending potions, but then I thought "do I really want to be the grown-up surrounded by a bunch of active young adults?" I already have the indoorsy, sedentary, and workaholic traits, so I'm well on my way to being an old fuddy-duddy. I decided to stay young a while longer.

Bruce, on the other hand, was raring to go.

After becoming a teenager, he went off to help with beach clean-up, and when he returned, he was in range to become compassionate, well-mannered, and responsible. So rather than spend any more time as a teen, he became a good, proper, and self-assured young adult.

Fishing remains a passion, and he's decided to make it the skill he achieves level 7 in.

And we've decided that this time, the toilet really must go.

You'll be happy to hear that Grims Quarry is going to get some Modern Development. All that remains for me to finish my project is to improve Conifer Station. Bruce and I will be moving in a few days.
 Hugs to you both, Linda and Bruce

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Dec 13)
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2020, 05:38:27 PM »
Bruce is certainly hunksome. I have never had trouble with my composting toilets but I always make sure to use the compost in my insect farms.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2020, 05:54:12 PM »
Bruce is certainly hunksome. I have never had trouble with my composting toilets but I always make sure to use the compost in my insect farms.

Rachel

Yes, I figured compost build-up was the problem.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2020, 06:26:14 PM »
Nice update. I hope I never have that problem with my toilet. Hot trots it what they call that. LOL

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2020, 06:44:18 PM »
Oh my gosh, what a dangerous dynasty this has become!  Thank goodness there are super heroes around to put out all the fires  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2020, 07:16:10 PM »
That compost toilet upgrade looks like a nasty piece of work!

Regarding Granite Falls, besides the fact that Linda had to bring her own shower (?), why is that rental viable during late summer?
And I'm curious which rental it was: the topmost cabin in the northeast?

Your update is so perfectly named, with Bruce standing in the exact same spot to blow out his candles both times!
Linda and Bruce are doing great (well, except for that toilet)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2020, 08:25:00 PM »
That compost toilet upgrade looks like a nasty piece of work!

Regarding Granite Falls, besides the fact that Linda had to bring her own shower (?), why is that rental viable during late summer?
And I'm curious which rental it was: the topmost cabin in the northeast?

Your update is so perfectly named, with Bruce standing in the exact same spot to blow out his candles both times!
Linda and Bruce are doing great (well, except for that toilet)!

I think the rental was the cheapest cabin. Linda didn't bring her shower; that's where the one for the cabin is located. It tends to be chilly in Granite Falls even in summer (Linda and Bruce were there for Freedom Day, which is the 4th of Summer in my Sims' calendar).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2020, 09:20:53 AM »
A WONDERFUL BOY

Dear Mum and Dad,
Most of Bruce's odd jobs have taken him to the island of Sulani. For one he had to take pictures of the place, and I thought you might like to see some of them, up there in space, so far away from Earth.

Sulani has a spectacular waterfall. (Am I making you homesick yet? Are you ready to return?)

On one of his jobs, he met a child of the island, a wonderful little boy who had been living entirely on his own ever since his parents had been swept away in a hurricane. Bruce arranged for him to go to an orphanage until he was in a position to adopt a child.

His name is Dick Grayson, and he is a welcome addition to the family. I wish he would wear something other than his patched trousers, but apparently one of the patches is from the clothing he was wearing the day of the hurricane, so he is very much attached to it.

He is a good child and very bright, getting his homework done, with a little help from my friend Cameron, who is still a student at Foxbury Institute.

Bruce has begun work on his project -- becoming Chief of Police and putting away 7 felons.

In the course of his work, he's been getting to see how the wealthy live. His first case took him to the home of the actress Judith Ward, where he had to investigate a burglary, the theft of her treadmill. "I think we should get a house like that," he told me, when he returned home.

His second case took him to the Villareal mansion for a case of vandalism. Its decaying splendors did not impress him, but the pool did. "Our next house should have a pool," he said.

Bruce's job does give him some time outdoors, although he would rather not have to be outside in a thunderstorm.

He has finally apprehended his first felon and will interrogate him the next time he returns to work.

In the meantime, he's quite happy to read The Lord of the Swings to Dick when he's off-duty.

We've moved to Conifer Station, and I've been keeping busy, getting the signatures to repeal the Roughhousing Encouraged NAP.

I also converted Sprucewood Square from its original position as town dump...

...to a beautiful marketplace. I think I'll take some of my wooden sculptures there and try to sell them. Which reminds me, I got over 4000 simoleons for one of my camping mascots that I sold on Plopsy.

We're doing well and enjoying becoming a family. We're missing the two of you, though. Why don't you come back to Earth? Love, Linda, Bruce, and Dick

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Dec 16)
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2020, 10:04:53 AM »
Dick Grayson.  It was such an obvious choice, one would think, but I totally didn't see it coming!  It fits brilliantly that Bruce takes on his youthful ward...and wants to live in a mansion  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2020, 03:30:44 PM »
I googled "Dick Grayson" as I'm unfamiliar with American superheroes.
Today I learned that Bruce Wayne is Batman's real name and Dick Grayson is Robin's.

What a great choice of project for Bruce!
Until I read that he was visiting Judith Ward's home, I was thinking that the founder had really made a killing with her woodworking.
Well, she has on Plopsy, just not on the scale of Judith Ward...yet.
Welcome to the Pursuer household, Dick Grayson!

Ooh, Linda's reached her third  Evergreen Harbor neighborhood!
Let us know how she fares, selling her wares at that new Marketplace!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
Dick Grayson.  It was such an obvious choice, one would think, but I totally didn't see it coming!  It fits brilliantly that Bruce takes on his youthful ward...and wants to live in a mansion  :=)

I googled "Dick Grayson" as I'm unfamiliar with American superheroes.
Today I learned that Bruce Wayne is Batman's real name and Dick Grayson is Robin's.

What a great choice of project for Bruce!
Until I read that he was visiting Judith Ward's home, I was thinking that the founder had really made a killing with her woodworking.
Well, she has on Plopsy, just not on the scale of Judith Ward...yet.
Welcome to the Pursuer household, Dick Grayson!

Ooh, Linda's reached her third  Evergreen Harbor neighborhood!
Let us know how she fares, selling her wares at that new Marketplace!

You might detect a naming theme here. I'm not all that familiar with superheroes, so I don't know what the backstory was behind Robin becoming Batman's ward. But given that Dick's trait was Child of the Islands, and Bruce spent a lot of time on Sulani doing odd jobs, the way they met seemed obvious.

@oshizu, I do intend to have Linda try to sell some things, if only to find out whether the tables in the marketplace are working now. If not, I'll let people know.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2020, 05:07:12 PM »
The perfect project for Bruce. Dick Grayson the original boy wonder am I showing my age.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2020, 10:30:55 AM »
Finally got caught up to your story!  Still loving the superhero theme.  Don't feel bad, @oshizu I didn't know who Dick Grayson was either! 

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2020, 09:23:49 PM »
GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS

Dear Mum and Dad,
I have some good news and bad news -- but not really bad. The worst is that I'm going through a sad period where it seems like all my good friends are dying of old age. First I got a phone call about Simeon Silversweater and then one about Bjorn Bjergsen, and then one about...Let's just say I don't like answering the phone any more.
Anyway, one small bad news is that I discovered that even though I'd spearheaded the drive to make Sprucewood Square a marketplace, all the tables were spoken for when I arrived. In fact they were signed up for the next several months. I don't think it makes sense to have two candlemakers selling their wares, but be that as it may. Anyway, I was allowed to buy my own table and lug it over there -- not much interest in my wooden figures, though.

On the good side is the fact that I discovered that it's possible to repeal one NAP and vote for one during the same voting period provided that there are less than four NAPs active. This week I got rid of Water Conservation and voted in Greener Initiatives. So next week should see the end of my project.

I'm not sure what I'll do next. I want to reach the top of the Civil Designer career, but I've encountered a snag. Doing so well at work has made me a workaholic, and now I seem to get tense when I'm not at work.

Getting tense means that I can't use the fabricating machine (although after it ducked me in a vat of amber dye, I don't really miss that), but also I can't study fabrication. And I need to gain another level in order to get a promotion.

Last bit of bad news -- we have roaches. The flies were easy to clear out, but no matter how many times Bruce and I stomp on the roaches, they're still there. It would take a super hero to get rid of them.

Speaking of which, Bruce has been working on fitness. I ought to exercise more -- I'm sure you've noticed that I've put on a few pounds, but with a sedentary lifestyle, I'm mostly too tired at the end of the work day.

Anyway, Bruce has been making good progress at work. He took notes the first few times the Chief chewed him out, and learned from the experience.

These days he concentrates on getting witness reports and collecting evidence rather than admiring the dwellings of the rich and famous.

He's put 3 criminals behind bars -- the fan who stole Judith Ward's treadmill, a vandal, and an art thief who also stole from Judith Ward, but her paintings rather than personal possessions.

Bruce still enjoys fishing in his spare time. He could make more money from painting, but he says that fishing makes him calmer, and I guess that makes sense.

As for Dick -- he's an A student now, and we're proud of him. Bruce took him to the Festival of Youth over the weekend. Learning from his experience as a child, he was quick to give Dick the parental blessing. Bruce has taken him to volunteer at beach cleanup (which Dick loved), and a couple of other things. Dick is making progress as a Scout, too -- a Pegasus already!

We do miss you and hope that you are well. Love Linda, Bruce, and Dick