Author Topic: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Feb 6)  (Read 20095 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Dec 24)
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2020, 12:45:52 AM »
Wow, that Workaholic lifestyle certainly poses a dilemma with non-work (but still work-related) activities.
Bruce is doing so well with his arrests! I can understand why he'd want a tranquil hobby after grilling perps all day!

Too bad about Linda's sales at the Marketplace.
Speaking of roaches, beware of flies swarming the trashcan. I repeatedly clicked on a sim to get rid of flies in my SimTech Dynasty, resulting in her death by flies.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2020, 11:31:59 AM »
Some really great progress!
Bummer about the workaholic trait getting in the way of her doing work stuff!  I am seeing many moodlet solvers in her future  :=)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2020, 11:30:19 PM »
All caught up. Somehow I’d forgotten that Robin’s real name was Dick Grayson. I loved Bruce getting all excited over those mansions! I’m looking forward to what the family does once the Evergreen Harbor project is finished.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2020, 08:41:16 AM »
THE FIRST HERO

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Dear Mum and Dad,
Yes, I performed my last task to become a hero, voting in Modern Development in Conifer Station. And although it wasn't required, I also reached level 10 of my career and became a Master Inventor, thereby completing the Eco Innovator aspiration. I took a couple of "before" pictures of Conifer Station, but I'm waiting until I can get the "after" pictures to go with them before I send them to you.

Not long ago, we celebrated Sun & Fun Day. We went to Desert Bloom Park, where it rarely rains and had fun on the water slide.

Once Dick saw Bruce's "trick," he had to try it, too.

Bruce has been making progress in his career, gathering evidence and analyzing it.

And finally making an arrest. He's put 6 criminals behind bars, and I'm very proud of him.

Dick has used his little dinosaur toy to learn how to deal with his emotions.

He soon became a teenager...

...with a teenager's hearty appetite. But he didn't stay a teen long. He's a compassionate, responsible, emotionally controlled young adult now.

Dick has been doing odd jobs, focusing on ones that take him to Sulani. He's collecting shells and beach treasures.

He took this picture of Mu'a Pelam, and I must say I'm looking forward to moving there soon.

I'll miss my neighbor, Tina Tinker, but I'm sure I'll make new friends on the island.

I won't miss having inspectors come around. I told him we didn't have room on the lot for all the water collectors and solar panels that he said we should have. I ended up bribing him not to turn in a bad report.

I'm a little embarrassed to show you what I look like as the Blue Pursuer, but here I am. Once we move to Sulani, I'll take up swimming and get my weight down.
Hope all is well with you, Linda, Bruce, and Dick
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Dec 31)
« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2020, 09:09:09 AM »
Oh my gosh!!  When each hero attains hero status you're putting them in the super hero costume?  That's brilliantly awesome!  Loving how you're playing up the "hero" aspect of this dynasty  :=)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2021, 02:41:06 PM »
Congratulations to Linda Lee! She looks great in her super hero outfit. Bruce and Dick are doing great, too. I love the bribery shot. :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »
Linda Lee thanks both of you, @PeregrineTook and @reggikko!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2021, 05:55:38 PM »
Congratulations, Linda Lee, the first Pursuer Hero.
And happy new year to you, MariantT. May 2021 bring you all the best!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2021, 08:14:41 PM »
Thanks! And Happy New Year to all! May 2021 be better.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2021, 09:45:49 PM »
And I forgot to mention that I heartily agree with Pippin's comment about Linda Lee in her superhero garb.
What a brilliant idea.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2021, 12:44:24 PM »
BEACH HOUSE

Dear Mum and Dad,
Conifer Station and Evergreen Harbor are now the best that they can be. Here are my before pictures of the train station:

And here are the after:

Just cleaning off the grafitti helped, but I'm sure you'll agree the train station looks much better now. And perhaps they will start getting trains to come there again.

Bruce has completed his seventh, and most serious, arrest. It was for a murder at Ophelia Villa, the old Goth home.

The killer actually had the weapon still on him -- a meat thermometer.

Bruce threw the book at him, and a dangerous killer is now behind bars.

Meanwhile, Dick has located where his family used to live. All that was left of their home was the mailbox.

I'm a little nervous about living in a place that has actually been struck by a hurricane, but Bruce and Dick both assure me we'll be fine.

Also, the house we built is big enough to allay my fears, and also big enough to satisfy Bruce's desire for a mansion. It's off the grid, though, so we had to put in solar power generators, wind generators, and a couple of water collectors.
Sulani in general is somewhat lacking in good plumbing and electricity, so I plan to start bringing their community lots up to code. We don't want people getting sick.

And finally, now that Dick has completed his requirements and decided to become a conservationist (he really did enjoy beach clean-up), we can add another member to our family. I was going to adopt, but Bruce brought home a baby who was left at the police station. This is the note that was pinned to her onesie:
Her name is Betty Kane. Please keep her safe. We can't.
It's a mystery which Bruce intends to investigate -- not to punish the parents, but to find out why they couldn't keep their daughter safe.
So I bid you a fond farewell, Love, Linda, Bruce, Dick, and Betty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Jan 3)
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2021, 12:50:35 PM »
Congrats on the great progress and welcome to the family, Betty!  Loved how you used Bruce's career as part of the narrative for how she joined the household  :=)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Jan 3)
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2021, 01:49:48 PM »
A DAY WITH A TODDLER

Dear Mum and Dad,
Betty Kane is quite the young lady now. She's a little charmer.

She has made the acquaintance of Alfred, the stuffed bat.

So far, dinner time has been without incident, and we hope that continues.

And she loves being read to. In addition to warmer pajamas, she also has the onesie that Bruce bought for her on Plopsy.

Bruce has been hard at work, trying to find out where Betty came from, in addition to his regular duties as a lieutenant.

As for me, I was horrified when I looked at the plumbing on the island, and set about making sure that the toilets were not over-taxing the septic system. While I was working on the one in the bar, someone told me that the toilets in Strangerville were also sub-par.

"Who was that masked woman?" I heard someone ask -- in a whisper, of course, because we were in the Strangerville Library. I only had time for one upgrade, but it's obvious that much more remains to be done.
For the rest, Dick has given me permission to include some pages from his journal:

Saturday -- I encountered my mother's spirit outside our home late last night.

My father's spirit was with her. They told me they were doing well, having become one with the storm that swept them away. But then they said that they were disappointed in me for turning my back upon our family's traditions. I managed to calm them down and told them that I intended to work on preserving Sulani's natural glory.

Besides working as a conservationist, I was also trying to clean up the land and the water. It's only when you look closely at the trash that you realize how big the problem is. They thanked me for my work, and said they would visit me again.

Sunday -- Today, I held my baby sister Betty. It's funny, I don't really think of Bruce as my father, and I certainly don't consider Linda to be my grandmother. She's much too young, for one thing. And I've managed to reach young adulthood without having any siblings. But although I have only just now acquired a baby sister, for Betty, I will always be her big brother. She and I are family, and because we're family, Bruce and Linda are too.

Tuesday -- I worked from home today so that Bruce and Linda could go to their jobs. Linda, in particular, gets tense and anxious, even when she works from home. Anyway, that meant I would be looking after Betty.

She had a bowl of cereal in her room while I had my breakfast in the kitchen. Where she found the paint, I don't know, but I came into the living room to find a mess.

The scolding hurt her feelings so I had to give her a hug. Betty promised to be good and play with her toys while I went and took a sample of the ocean water.

I wasn't gone long, but when I returned, she was cross that I'd gone off and left her all alone. I was about ten feet away, on the edge of the beach, so could have heard her if she called.

The only way I could make it up to her was by giving her a dinosaur ride. During the day I had to give her a ride three times. I hope my back will hold out. I have tomorrow off, so can look forward to more bonding time. But I still love the little rascal.

And that's it from everyone. Love, Linda, Bruce, Dick, and Betty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Jan 6)
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2021, 02:25:54 PM »
All I can say is that Dick must be incredibly limber.  I mean, to be wrapped so tightly around Betty's tiny, little finger?  Quite the feat of dexterity  ;=)
A lovely update and it was fun seeing Linda in her full super hero glory upgrading plumbing  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Pursuers: A Seven Heroes Challenge (Jan 6)
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2021, 05:25:01 PM »
I, too, laughed at the shot of Linda in her superhero regalia making the simworld a safer place!

I'd initially assumed that Bruce arresting his 7th felon meant that he'd completed his project.
But then I remembered that, if he had, we would see his Superhero shot.

The Pursuer household does get around!
Looking forward to more on their life in Sulani and Bruce's investigation into Betty's origins. :)