Author Topic: The Seven Heroes Dynasty  (Read 54697 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Seven Heroes Dynasty
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2021, 08:41:29 PM »
Congratulations, @callycat! Very impressive. I'm sure we'll hear more from you.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2021, 08:19:12 PM »
Ok, I know I’m WAY too late to have an “official” attempt, but I’ll have to try this! Wish me luck!
they/he pronouns please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2021, 08:49:12 PM »
Ok, I know I’m WAY too late to have an “official” attempt, but I’ll have to try this! Wish me luck!

You're not too late at all. The dynasty challenges (which this is) aren't like the Tournament. Do one now, do one a year from now, it's all good.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2021, 09:47:52 PM »
Quick question: by motivational bestsellers, do they need to be a certain type of book or...?

Edit: I know I’m a bit late to the whole firefighter project idea, but if anyone is still interested in doing something like that, tedious as it may be, the fireworks from city living set fires indoors very easily. Maybe do the project on a empty lot? (Put down fireworks, light, put out fire, repeat)
Just thought I’d chime in.
they/he pronouns please!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2021, 11:04:29 PM »
Quick question: by motivational bestsellers, do they need to be a certain type of book or...?

I'm not one of the Challenge Team members but I can answer your question above.
After your sim selects Write then Genre Books on the computer, the option to write a motivational bestseller appears if:
(1) your sim's Writing skill is at least Level 3 and
(2) your sim's current mood is Confident.

Good luck with your new 7 Heroes Dynasty!  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2021, 07:43:56 AM »

Edit: I know I’m a bit late to the whole firefighter project idea, but if anyone is still interested in doing something like that, tedious as it may be, the fireworks from city living set fires indoors very easily. Maybe do the project on a empty lot? (Put down fireworks, light, put out fire, repeat)
Just thought I’d chime in.

Yes, oshizu is right about the motivational bestsellers.

As for setting fireworks on a lot and then putting them out, that doesn't sound very heroic. We would want the Sims to be firefighters, not firestarters. So until we get playable firefighters, we won't have a project for them.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #156 on: February 11, 2021, 07:54:46 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help! It’s nice coming from the not so berry challenge where if you have a question it’s hard to find an answer, to just being able to ask on a forum. Sorry, I know this post is kinda is off topic...
they/he pronouns please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #157 on: February 11, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »
Ok another question: Can you have multiple heroes at the same time? Like for example, one hero is finishing growing plants, and the other is starting to write songs (random examples). And if say, your third hero finishes their first project before the second would that make the third the second? Sorry if that’s confusing to read.
they/he pronouns please!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: February 11, 2021, 02:06:26 PM »
I’m not a challenge team member, but I don’t think it matters what order your heroes finish their projects. The important thing is to be sure the previous hero finishes their 7 requirements before adopting the next hero. So, hero 2 will always be hero 2 based on the order in which they joined the family. If Hero 1 is working on a longer project, like cleaning up Evergreen Harbor, and Hero 2 cures 7 vampires or writes 7 motivational best sellers during that time, it’s fine. Hero 1 is still Hero 1 and Hero 2 is still Hero 2. Does that make sense?

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #159 on: February 11, 2021, 03:10:05 PM »
Hi!

I got really excited and started doing this dynasty this week. I am curious - for the retail project, what is considered essential items?

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #160 on: February 11, 2021, 03:46:24 PM »
I’m not a challenge team member, but I don’t think it matters what order your heroes finish their projects. The important thing is to be sure the previous hero finishes their 7 requirements before adopting the next hero. So, hero 2 will always be hero 2 based on the order in which they joined the family. If Hero 1 is working on a longer project, like cleaning up Evergreen Harbor, and Hero 2 cures 7 vampires or writes 7 motivational best sellers during that time, it’s fine. Hero 1 is still Hero 1 and Hero 2 is still Hero 2. Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you for the help!
they/he pronouns please!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: February 11, 2021, 04:41:28 PM »
Hi!

I got really excited and started doing this dynasty this week. I am curious - for the retail project, what is considered essential items?

It's pretty much up to you. Right now, grocery stores are considered essential, and actually pet stores are, too, because those of us with pets really need those stores to stay open. But an art gallery would probably not be thought to sell essential items.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2021, 11:56:43 AM »
Ok so... slight dilemma. My second hero decided that it was a good idea to have TRIPLETS. How does the whole “adding to this household” rule work with multiples? Also sorry if this has already been asked

Edit: I suppose this is what I get for not adopting... *sigh*
Edit to the Edit: Would I be able to use two of them for the top notch toddler project?
they/he pronouns please!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2021, 12:56:24 PM »
@Auranaris. Sure, you can use them for the Topnotch toddler project. You might be able to get some advice from @oshizu.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
« Reply #164 on: February 15, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
Ack, sorry I keep posting on here! I’ll try to slow down a bit with the questions.

For raising the 7 top notch toddlers, can I just potty train them and leave them with the wabbit tablets? Or do I have to have them use flash cards and that sort of thing.

I’m having a lot of fun with this challenge btw.
they/he pronouns please!

anything