Author Topic: The Seven Heroes Dynasty  (Read 54701 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Seven Heroes Dynasty
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2020, 12:46:25 AM »
The soup kitchen idea duplicates the cooking of another project, but could maybe combined with maxing the Charity Organizer career?
Oh! I'd never noticed that the homeless sims in the park all share the Erratic trait. That explains Jacques Villareal's frequent presence!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2020, 07:47:12 AM »
The soup kitchen idea duplicates the cooking of another project, but could maybe combined with maxing the Charity Organizer career?
Oh! I'd never noticed that the homeless sims in the park all share the Erratic trait. That explains Jacques Villareal's frequent presence!

Maxing the Charity Organizer career plus a soup kitchen sounds like a great idea! How about this: "Max the Charity Organizer branch of the Politics career and grill 70 times in a park. You can't actually get Sims who aren't part of your group to eat, but it's the thought that counts. Or instead of grilling, you could send your Sim to the Soup Kitchen volunteer activity 70 times. What do you guys think?

@oshizu, @simfulicious, @Trip, I just saw the discussion on the other page. If only the leader of an excursion needs to be at level 6 in rock-climbing, then we can do something with the mountain excursion. I didn't realize that it was possible to mentor in rock-climbing. How about:

Mentor 7 Sims in rock-climbing for 2 hours each, and take 7 different Sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi in a mountain excursion. You do not have to take all 7 in one excursion.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2020, 08:53:05 AM »
@MarianT sounds hood, but to be honest, I am not sure if you can mentor rock climbing either.  I was kinda mouth-spewing ideas.  I love the endless story possibilities this dynasty challenge. 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2020, 05:47:08 PM »
@MarianT sounds hood, but to be honest, I am not sure if you can mentor rock climbing either.  I was kinda mouth-spewing ideas.  I love the endless story possibilities this dynasty challenge. 

A sim with Level 10 Rock Climbing can "Coach rock climbing" and "offer tips" to other sims. I'd learned this from a video but Carl's Guide offers the same info.
Here's the link the Rock Climbing skill guide: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/snowyescape/rockclimbing/

@MarianT
I'm going to go start a new save now to test. My understanding is that only the excursion leader and other household members require the appropriate rock climbing skill, but not NPCs.
I'll report back with confirmation soon.

Edited to add:
Excursion members: I had a YA sim with L7 Rock Climbing skill invite his (same household) wife and 3 NPC coworkers on an excursion with my sim as the leader.
His wife never arrived, perhaps because she has zero Rock Climbing skill.
The NPCs climbed autonomously; one of them left after the first rock wall, which caused the excursion to fail (the entire team couldn't "move on").
Maybe because it was a work day?
Later, I added the same 3 NPCs to my sim's household and none of them had any Rock Climbing skill.

"Coach Rock Climbing": The level 10 perk "Coach rock climbing" is a friendly interaction that didn't cause the other sim to acquire the Rock Climbing skill.
After the sim acquired Rock Climbing 1, being "coached" didn't increase her level at all.

TLDR: Only your hero (and any other household members, I assume) require sufficient Rock Climbing skill; team member NPCs will climb autonomously with success.
"Coach rock climbing" is simply a social interaction and doesn't work like the Mentor interaction. So disappointing! :(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2020, 07:12:11 PM »

A sim with Level 10 Rock Climbing can "Coach rock climbing" and "offer tips" to other sims. I'd learned this from a video but Carl's Guide offers the same info.
Here's the link the Rock Climbing skill guide: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/snowyescape/rockclimbing/

@MarianT
I'm going to go start a new save now to test. My understanding is that only the excursion leader and other household members require the appropriate rock climbing skill, but not NPCs.
I'll report back with confirmation soon.

Edited to add:
Excursion members: I had a YA sim with L7 Rock Climbing skill invite his (same household) wife and 3 NPC coworkers on an excursion with my sim as the leader.
His wife never arrived, perhaps because she has zero Rock Climbing skill.
The NPCs climbed autonomously; one of them left after the first rock wall, which caused the excursion to fail (the entire team couldn't "move on").
Maybe because it was a work day?
Later, I added the same 3 NPCs to my sim's household and none of them had any Rock Climbing skill.

"Coach Rock Climbing": The level 10 perk "Coach rock climbing" is a friendly interaction that didn't cause the other sim to acquire the Rock Climbing skill.
After the sim acquired Rock Climbing 1, being "coached" didn't increase her level at all.

TLDR: Only your hero (and any other household members, I assume) require sufficient Rock Climbing skill; team member NPCs will climb autonomously with success.
"Coach rock climbing" is simply a social interaction and doesn't work like the Mentor interaction. So disappointing! :(

Thanks so much for doing this work! I do wonder about the NPCs who dropped out of the excursion, though. Good to know that rock-climbing can't be mentored, even though it's disappointing.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2020, 08:31:16 PM »
You all may hate me, but I got another idea!  Since we don’t have playable firefighters, we could have a hero extinguish x amount of fires and install x number of smoke detectors around the world.

And the mentor rock climbing is very disappointing.  Maybe x amount of completed excursions or solo quests could count?  Once complete you are the Mountain rescue team.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2020, 12:35:00 AM »
@simfulicious
Nobody hates you.  Loving all the ideas! I'm laughing thinking of your hero running to change into their firefighter outfit whenever a fire breaks out (Everyday outfit #2), like Clark Kent or something.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2020, 05:36:56 AM »
@simfulicious
Nobody hates you.  Loving all the ideas! I'm laughing thinking of your hero running to change into their firefighter outfit whenever a fire breaks out (Everyday outfit #2), like Clark Kent or something.

Oh, they could need to get the fireproof trait...then they would super hero like!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2020, 07:18:53 AM »

Oh, they could need to get the fireproof trait...then they would super hero like!

There is a fireproof trait?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2020, 09:07:01 AM »

Nope...my bad...it's heatproof, not fireproof.  Still a viable option, IMO.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »
I have a couple of Sims in another game working on rock-climbing, so I'll test whether both need to be at level 6 or above before putting in a Mountain Excursion requirement.

As for the Soup Kitchen -- Max the Charity Organizer branch of the Politics career and serve 70 free meals in your restaurant. If you don't have Dine Out, grill 70 times in a park.

Much as I would love a fire-fighting hero, the mechanics of the game just don't encourage that. You'd have to set 70 fires in your own home, which would be tedious. But thanks for the suggestion, @simfulicious! (And nobody hates you.)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2020, 02:46:17 PM »

@Teresa
There might be a fireproof trait, though I've never tried testing it by deliberately setting fire to my Freelance Botanist sim.

Here's the in-game description of the Naturalist reward trait, earned by completing the Freelance Botanist aspiration.
A Sim with this trait will never fear fire because fire cannot touch them, and they will quickly and easily extinguish fires if given the command.

MarianT
I agree that extinguishing so many fires at our sim's home lot would be costly and repetitive. Still a delight to hear new project ideas.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2020, 03:32:29 PM »
I remember seeing that trait, although I rarely complete that aspiration so I definitely have never seen it in action. :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
Adding to projects:

Develop a soup kitchen by maxing the Charity Organizer branch of the Politics career and serving 70 free meals in a restaurant. If you don't have Dine Out, then your Sim can grill 70 meals in a park.

Make Sim world safer by performing 70 handiness upgrades on community lots.

Guide 7 different Sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi in one or more Mountain Excursions.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2020, 12:17:52 PM »
Love ALL of these, Marion!