Author Topic: 2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family  (Read 19235 times)

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: 2020 Tournament Finale: Ghost Family
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2020, 09:51:24 PM »
Tyrone Powers and his ghosts finished Week 3 Tuesday at 2:58 AM.
22738 Points.
Cynthia

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2020, 02:28:15 AM »
The Ghost Makers Club finished Week 3 Friday at 1:14 am, for a score of 26954 minutes.
I had a lot of fun with this.  I don't often kill my sims, and I almost never play with a full household.  Things got very frustrating for the last sim week as I had a lot of bad luck in a row, and ghosts love to break stuff a bit too much, but it was fun.  Thanks for another interesting challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2020, 12:41:39 PM »
I need help :(  After I move into someone's house the whole upstairs becomes not playable. Anything I click on upstairs the sims can't get to it. It shows steps above their head and crossed out. I've tried deleting the stairs and reinstalling the stairs. Is there something else that may work?
Thanks

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2020, 03:22:32 PM »
Definitely sounds like a pathing problem.  Check for any walls with missing doors. Then move them in incremental steps.  Can they get to the bottom of the stairs, do they still have a problem trying to just go to the top of the stairs.  It will take a little investigation to find where the path is blocked. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2020, 04:46:11 PM »
Definitely sounds like a pathing problem.  Check for any walls with missing doors. Then move them in incremental steps.  Can they get to the bottom of the stairs, do they still have a problem trying to just go to the top of the stairs.  It will take a little investigation to find where the path is blocked.

No unfortunately they will not use the stairs at all. I just moved into the home so I haven't personally deleted or added anything. I'll keep looking for  something that may be blocking the path. It's so strange. Thanks for the advice

Offline pinkflamingo1014

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2020, 09:28:03 PM »
Finn Reaper and his family are all ghosts         
   Week 1 Thursday at 6:40am   

What a fun challenge!!!
 According the Lena's sheet   5680 minutes

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »
Hi challenge team,

quick question:
is it ok to move in Sims through marriage?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2020, 03:58:06 PM »
Hi challenge team,

quick question:

If we were at the beginning of the challenge instead of nearing the end, I would have said yes, and added it to the rule. But we are way down the road now, and others could have done that except that the rules only allow for "Ask to join household" and "Ask to move in". It's really too late to change that rule, but I do apologize for not thinking of that move-in screen before the challenge started.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2020, 06:06:04 PM »
Thanks, GlazeyLady!
If only I had thought to ask it earlier....

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 05:14:08 AM »
Hi challenge team,

quick question:

If we were at the beginning of the challenge instead of nearing the end, I would have said yes, and added it to the rule. But we are way down the road now, and others could have done that except that the rules only allow for "Ask to join household" and "Ask to move in". It's really too late to change that rule, but I do apologize for not thinking of that move-in screen before the challenge started.

I am confused now. If, let's say, I added someone through marriage, should I replay my game without doing it?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2020, 05:53:15 AM »
Hi challenge team,

quick question:

I am confused now. If, let's say, I added someone through marriage, should I replay my game without doing it?

Given Glazey's ruling above, then yes, go ahead and redo your effort if you added someone through marriage.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2020, 07:37:16 PM »
Given that the question of moving a sim in through the marriage screen just came up and it's really too late to change the rules, anyone who did that can restart.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2020, 07:45:05 PM »
This may have been the only time I've ever despaired that my sims weren't getting themselves killed. Seriously - between their pixellated brains, a scattering of bugs (one of which I'm pretty sure was a post-patch problem 'cause it sure didn't crop up in practice) and some gaps in my knowledge that revealed themselves when I had to improvise around the aforementioned... yeah, it was absolutely hilarious and great fun to play, make no mistake, but at the same time things got oh-so frustrating...

I'd like to give a shout-out to two of my sims: the first outfoxed three separate methods of death through a combination of ignorance and jamminess before successfully enduring a sequence of events with (to the best of my knowledge) a <1% survival rate, and the other was Casper Mullholland himself, who you would have thought would have been more than willing to snuff it at the first opportunity given that, strictly speaking, this whole shebang was his project, but noooooo... anyway, enough of my griping. For now, I mean. I'd like to have a proper moan when the challenge is over, but at least then I'll be able to provide pictures!

The eighth ethereal member of the Mullholland household was warmly (re)welcomed Wednesday Week 1, 9:08pm, for a final score of 5108 minutes. That's almost 24 hours longer than what I'd estimated it would take me based on prac- okay, okay, I'll quit grousing and go to bed now...

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2020, 08:17:16 PM »
Are we aloud to make the Potion of Plentiful Needs if we don't bottle it and just discard it?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2020, 06:19:46 AM »
Are we aloud to make the Potion of Plentiful Needs if we don't bottle it and just discard it?

That's fine. It's using it that is against the rules.

anything