Author Topic: Skilling up the Kids - Hybrid Education  (Read 18550 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Skilling up the Kids - Hybrid Education
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »
I'll spend some time on the math - either to lower the multiplier or change how skill levels factor in - there should be a value to maxing the skills, but also points for skills not maxed.  Give me a day or so, but feel free to make suggestions.  Thanks!

I would recommend lowering the multiplier from .05 to either .01 or .02.  Any higher and level 9 is greater than the points for mastery (.02 for adult level, .01 for child level)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 05:20:07 AM »
I've tested some possible outcomes in MS Excel, and, according to what I see, the multiplier should be no higher than .002 (not 0.02!!)
I can try uploading it to Google Spreadsheets for everyone to test, if the team doesn't mind that there is a list with all possible skills and it's maximum level (it may be seen as 'strategy', but this information is easy to be gathered from our site anyway).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 05:24:45 AM »
Oh, and I forgot to add one more question from my side. Moving is allowed, right?
If it is, maybe... it shouldn't be? lol :D Moving makes the whole game way much easier.
Please consider :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2020, 04:40:55 PM »
Oh, and I forgot to add one more question from my side. Moving is allowed, right?
If it is, maybe... it shouldn't be? lol :D Moving makes the whole game way much easier.
Please consider :D

No restrictions on moving for this one.

Edit:  Moving means using the sim phone to move to a vacant lot/house that your sim can afford to buy.
Asking a sim to Move in and then trading houses in the move in panel is not allowed; same with using Manage Households to do that same thing - both entail adding to the household, at least for a short time while you are in the process of moving sims around.

Offline Mionax

• Nooboo
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2020, 01:04:03 AM »
Just to be sure I understand correctly. We start with two YA. Each of them adopts 1 toddler and 2 children. Aging up the second child to teen right away. This means three kids per YA. Six kids total. Yes?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2020, 01:58:22 AM »
Just to be sure I understand correctly. We start with two YA. Each of them adopts 1 toddler and 2 children. Aging up the second child to teen right away. This means three kids per YA. Six kids total. Yes?

Yes, 6 kids total.

Offline Lindshara

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2020, 06:04:40 PM »
This sounds fun. I hope to participate this time.
Is an adult skill which is maxed as a child( such as the violin), considered a child skill or a teen skill for the purpose of the score?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2020, 06:29:02 PM »
Is an adult skill which is maxed as a child( such as the violin), considered a child skill or a teen skill for the purpose of the score?

All skills that your kids can level up are eligible for scoring. But, once your kids age up to Young Adult you cannot count those skill levels.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2020, 12:32:41 AM »

All skills that your kids can level up are eligible for scoring. But, once your kids age up to Young Adult you cannot count those skill levels.

What @Metropolis Man said, and also, if it's a skill that a teen can learn, then it counts as a teen skill (so 15 points for maxing it).  Only the four child-only skills count for 20 points when maxed.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »
Hello!
Are we allowed to change the children's lifestage as they become teens ?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »
By "change," do you mean age the Teens up to Young Adults? If so, no, because of the following rule...

• No early age-up for Teens, and no prolonging any life stage.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2020, 11:41:48 AM »
Does the order of adoption matter, other than the second child being the one that can age up to teen?

That is, does it have to go toddler -> child -> child 2 or can we adopt the toddler after one or both of the older kids?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2020, 12:16:25 PM »
Does the order of adoption matter, other than the second child being the one that can age up to teen?

That is, does it have to go toddler -> child -> child 2 or can we adopt the toddler after one or both of the older kids?

You can adopt the toddler before, after, or between child adoptions - up to you.  The first child each sim adopts gets played as a child, and the second gets aged up immediately to teen.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2020, 04:06:11 AM »
Hello!

I guess Elinoee meant turning to vampires, etc. (life state, not stage) So, the question is still open.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2020, 07:11:42 AM »
Hello!

I guess Elinoee meant turning to vampires, etc. (life state, not stage) So, the question is still open.

Glazey can have the last word when she pops in, but I'd say no because vampires have different lengths of life stages, don't they? There's the rule that you cannot extend life.