Author Topic: Fizzy Drinks  (Read 23052 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Fizzy Drinks
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2023, 01:43:56 PM »

20 days without spoiling is still really great for a sim running a yard sale.
I can't see any benefit to selling juices from a food stand instead of vendor table.
When I tried selling a 12-pack from a food stand, sims were buying one can at a time instead of the whole pack.  Not efficient at all!

I finished play-testing yesterday to choose what juices a future sim will be selling, but I'll check vendor table spoilage using a debug item later today.
Question for you:  Do you use juices for emotional moods?  Your explanation of how Tofizz works to cancel juice moodlets makes juices a contender.
                           But I'm lazy and prefer emotion berries, club vibes, and incense burners. :D
Since finishing up testing all this, I haven't done much at all with juice fizzing.  I have a mod nowadays that does make the fizzy juices into "craft beers," and sims become intoxicated from them.  So, once in a while I'll throw a party and put out a bunch of Strawberry Craft Beer, and everyone gets drunk and very flirty.  And you can guess the rest.  But that's about all I ever do with juice fizzing anymore!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2023, 03:41:31 PM »
Since finishing up testing all this, I haven't done much at all with juice fizzing.  I have a mod nowadays that does make the fizzy juices into "craft beers," and sims become intoxicated from them.  So, once in a while I'll throw a party and put out a bunch of Strawberry Craft Beer, and everyone gets drunk and very flirty.  And you can guess the rest.  But that's about all I ever do with juice fizzing anymore!

I can understand how strawberry juice gives a Flirty mood, but why Pineapple juice?
Market Magnate's Booth Boss gives a 500% markup on both food stands and vendor tables.
So the vendor table is def the way to go for selling fizzy juice packs!

So the craft beers give your sims the "Crunked" moodlet?  Or do they get Dazed?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2023, 07:45:20 PM »

I can understand how strawberry juice gives a Flirty mood, but why Pineapple juice?
Market Magnate's Booth Boss gives a 500% markup on both food stands and vendor tables.
So the vendor table is def the way to go for selling fizzy juice packs!

So the craft beers give your sims the "Crunked" moodlet?  Or do they get Dazed?
It gives some custom moodlets, like one drink might get you a Happy "tipsy" moodlet, and also often a Confident or Flirty one as well.  More will get you a Dazed "drunk" moodlet, then a stronger "wasted" one, and then consuming more will cause an energy crash and passing out.  Another possibility is an Angry "annoying" moodlet.  All this is in addition to whatever effects the craft beer might already have.  The mod is Basemental Drugs, or the lite version Basemental Alcohol which adds only alcohol effects.

Not sure about Maxis' reasoning for what moodlets they assigned to what fruits, but... there is a naughty reason why men might eat pineapples, or drink pineapple juice lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »
It gives some custom moodlets, like one drink might get you a Happy "tipsy" moodlet, and also often a Confident or Flirty one as well.  More will get you a Dazed "drunk" moodlet, then a stronger "wasted" one, and then consuming more will cause an energy crash and passing out.  Another possibility is an Angry "annoying" moodlet.  All this is in addition to whatever effects the craft beer might already have.  The mod is Basemental Drugs, or the lite version Basemental Alcohol which adds only alcohol effects.

Not sure about Maxis' reasoning for what moodlets they assigned to what fruits, but... there is a naughty reason why men might eat pineapples, or drink pineapple juice lol.

I've looked into the Basemental Drugs mod but have yet to take the plunge because it wouldn't be family-friendly enough for my forum stories, LOL!
The Basemental Alcohol module sounds really cool, though!
Er, I googled the benefits of pineapple juice. Huh. Curiously, among the juice products I tested, pineapple seltzer came out on top.
1) Dragonfruit, 12-pack Seltzer: $2,800
2) Orchid, 6-pack Kombucha:  $2614
3) Quill Fruit, 12-pack Seltzer: $1,700
4) Pineapple, 12-pack Seltzer: 1,300

Surprisingly 6-pack Rose Kombucha has a $1,094 value, while 6-pack Bird of Paradise Kombucha was under $500.
Thanks for the pineaple tip! LOL!

anything