Author Topic: Fizzy Drinks  (Read 23064 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Fizzy Drinks
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »
Unfortunately She gave birth to a son already. And she has not plans of a second pregenacy at this time. The kid is a dumpster baby. I just had to do it.

Second at this time I am play minus any mods. For the first few weeks I play new packs mod-less. It gives me time to work on my ghost collection save with reduced odds of corruption. It gives me a chance to learn the new gameplay without mods changing it. And most importantly it allows modders time to update broken mods, mods that aren't getting updated yet broke to be discovered, mods that survived full fontional to be vetted, and a chance for modders to make new mods or update existing ones to expand new game play. So no MCCC at this time, even if I know it has been updated and love the mod. This is my time to enjoy the game as the devs made it. Later will be the time to enjoy the game as it should have been. So @Brian_Z I can't help you.

That would be a fun experement though.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »
It seems when I do get back to fizzing, I will have to make my sims drink their Suspicious Fizzes, since it sounds like they do various things.
@scoed Do you use MCCC?  If so, could you find out if carrot and strawberry concoctions change the gender of the baby?  I know eating 5 or 6 of the raw carrots or strawberries will do the trick, but I'm wondering if the fizzes will still do it.
*Darn, you said "at the time," so you might not have a pregnant sim currently...

I think it's apples, not carrots?
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 11:52:52 AM »
Here is some info on the most important plant in the game made into a fizzy drink: The all neglected trash fruit. It makes a Suspicious Fizz. I drank one and my sim got a 4 hour 4 happy buff. She walked like processed, but could do thing and talk like normal. After I noticed her need were quite high, I am not sure if the drink raised them, prevented need decay or if the needs were high because I did some activities that raise them. More testing needed.

Trash Plants grow fast and evolve fast. They are all-season plants of the rare type. This could turn these normally neglected plants into quite useful plant. Given they are great splice targets already given their fast growth, evolution, year round growth, and rare status. The minus of weed and bug production can be handled. And now the fruit itself has a use in a strong mood altering drink that can be sold for OK cash. This could make the lonely trash fruit a star, despite it having an industrial footprint, and occasionally giving a minor negative moodlet on occasion.

If you can't tell I am a trash fruit plant apologist. I can't help it they make me smile. I will do more trash fruit fizz research. I must. Trash Fruit must not be ignored. It needs to be cared for and loved, then turned into trashy fizzy drinks.

And it is carrots for boys, strawberries for girls.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2020, 08:52:28 AM »
Thank you for this list.  Didn't even know plants had all those moods for fizzy drinks.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 04:53:35 PM »
Ok, so my sim in this older save has finished a university degree, and moved into Grim's Quarry.  The house I downloaded happened to have a pretty impressive garden!  I made her spend a weekend during college, camping in Sulani to make the native plants grow.  And it turns out this garden already has those plants in it!  She's starting over at Fizzing level 1, but she can still fizz some stuff I hadn't already tried- like strawberries. 

If anyone uses MCCC and has a pregnant sim, I'd love to know if strawberry or carrot concoctions will change the gender of the baby!  I don't want to get this sim pregnant just to find out.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 05:43:07 PM »
Suspicious Fizzes are proving to be confusing.  One does... nothing?  In most cases?  Two makes your sim super happy.  Three, they're face down on the floor and very low Energy.
Black bean gave +4 Uncomfortable and a gross looking puddle formed at her feet.  We'll assume she threw up.

Offline retroberrii

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 07:47:49 PM »
I got to level 3 and can make seltzers. I haven't drank any of them yet, but adding strawberries got me "Seltzer with a hint of strawberry" and adding grapes got me "Playful Seltzer" so I would assume the latter gives a playful mood.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2020, 08:38:40 PM »
I haven't even started experimenting with seltzers.  When I've gotten through everything I have in this garden, I'll play around with those next.

Yeah, so I wasn't going to get this sim pregnant just to see if strawberry and carrot drinks work, but then she got pregnant anyway. 
9 strawberry fizzes later, her baby had not changed to a girl... but she then ate 1 strawberry and it happened.  So now I don't know if I gave up too soon!  I can say, it's pretty hard on your sim to drink that many.  After 3 drinks, the moodlet goes up to a +6, and after 4 they lose energy and pass out.  So, the drinks might do it, but it's a lot easier to eat the raw strawberries or carrots- the carrots will be even worse, since it's a Suspicious Fizz.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 10:22:31 PM »
Well, there's a pretty clear pattern, flowers make Focus Kombuchas.  This family will have enough Focus drinks to last generations.  It's a bit boring working through alphabetically, since there's so many flowers in a row, but it's the best way to make sure I don't skip anything, in case there's a surprise in there.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2020, 12:57:11 AM »
Death Flowers make something called Grimbucha.  My sim is pregnant, so she's death-proof at the moment, but it gave her a +1 Sad moodlet.  I'll try again after the baby's born, but I will definitely save just before!

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2020, 01:43:37 AM »
And finally, after brewing Tulip Kombucha, I have gone through all the plants I have.  I should get ahold of Vampires pack plants and see what they do.  I do have garlic, but it wasn't an option.  A garlic beverage, good lord...  Once the baby is a kid, we'll also go camping in Grizzly Falls and bring those plants back too.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2020, 04:26:51 PM »
Growfruit fizzy juice is 8 hr. Happy moodlet. Also, if you have testing cheats enabled, you can shift click the fizzer and get all of the ingredients for both juices/seltzers and kombucha. I found that out while trying to reset my machine. It seems that if your Sim goes to work or otherwise travels while the machine is in use, it gets stuck. I've had to delete and buy a new one twice, once when I travelled off the lot and the second time when my Sim went to work.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2020, 05:36:55 PM »
I have traveled and gone to work while the machine was running, and didn't have any problem.  Several times I loaded my home machine, went to the community maker's space, fizzed up batches in both machines there, and came home.  When I got home, the machine wasn't done, so I guess it does pause while you're gone, but it finished up without a problem.  I haven't done a GTW career with it running, but rabbithole jobs haven't been a problem.

BTW, thanks for the Growfruit info.  I aged up the baby to toddler immediately, because I'm not a fan of crying furniture.  I aged her up again as soon as she maxed all skills, because toddlers are a real PITA.  But now it's winter, and a winter vacation to Granite Falls is pointless.  The river is frozen and all the plants are dormant.

Online Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2020, 05:56:07 PM »
Oh, wow!  Clicking that gives you 10 each of everything!  Even super rare stuff, like UFO and Death Flowers!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2020, 06:26:10 PM »
Thanks, @Brian_Z, for doing this research -- it's very helpful!

I forgot to add that I've linked this thread to the "Did you Know?" thread about Eco Lifestyle over on the official forum.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.