Author Topic: Fizzy Drinks  (Read 23073 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Fizzy Drinks
« on: June 08, 2020, 01:55:31 AM »
My sims have only made it to juice fizzing level 2, but it's obvious that if things can be combined, there's a mind-boggling number of possible combinations.  So this needs its own thread, at least.  Especially since the concoctions can have interesting results.  I've only had one funny thing happen:

Potato Quality- 6 pack made from 5 potatoes.
This came out as "Suspiciously Fizzy."  It made my sims act funny- one walked around with the "possessed" walk for a bit- and they eventually passed out.  I don't know if it's possible to make a bad batch, or if the game recognized that a potato soda is a crime against simanity. 

Edit:  It occurs to me that it would be useful to have a list of recipes, and their results, right in the first post.  So, feel free to chime in with your successes and failures, and I'll add them too:

Ingredients:                Results:
Apples                              Happy
Avocado                            Suspicious Fizz
Basil                                 Basil Herbal Kombucha- Energized.  So THAT's what kombucha is.  Sounds disgusting, but my sims seem to enjoy it.
Bell Peppers                      Suspicious Fizz
Bird of Paradise                 Kombucha, Focused
Bizarre Fruit                      Bizarre Fizz- possession for 3 hours.  Full needs when it wears off, though!  *Turns out, you're not just temporarily possessed, you're infected.
Blackberry                        Confident
Black Beans                      +4 Uncomfortable, vomiting.
Bluebells                           Kombucha, Focused
Blueberry                          Inspired
Carrots                             Suspicious Fizz-  but I wonder if drinking several would guarantee a pregnancy results in a boy?  *It seems likely that it could, but it's MUCH easier to just eat carrots!
Chamomile                        Kombucha, Focused
Cherry                              Playful
Chocoberry                       Energized
Christmas Rose                 Kombucha, Focused
Chrysanthemum                Kombucha, Focused
Coconut                            Happy
Daisy                                Floral Daisy Kombucha- Focused
Dahlia                               Kombucha, Focused
Death Flowers                    Grimbucha- +1 Sad.  Second one, +2 Sad for 1 hour.  Third, +4 for 2 hours.  Four or more, Dazed +8 for 2 hours.  Doesn't seem to be dangerous, just a major bummer.
Dragonfruit                        Happy
Elderberry                         Confident
Fang Flower                       Kombucha, Focused
Faux Meat Cube                 Suspicious Fizz.  +1 Uncomfortable.  I took pity on my sim and didn't make her drink another.
Fireleaf                              Kombucha, Energized
Grapes                              Playful
Green Bean                       Suspicious Fizz, +4 Happy and vomiting.  So much vomiting...
Green Pea                         Suspicious Fizz, +4 happy, more vomiting
Growfruit                           Happy.  Thanks Regikko!
Holly                                Kombucha, Focused
Huckleberry                       Playful
Kava                                 Suspicious Fizz
Lemons                            Inspired
Lily                                   Kombucha, Focused
Honey                              Happy, and prevents Hot or Cold deaths.  Thanks scoed!
Mushroom                        Suspicious Fizz, +4 Happy and vomiting.
Orchid                              Kombucha, Focused
Onions                              Was able to load, but no option to start.  Onion soda, could you even imagine?
Parsley                             Kombucha, Energized
Pears                                Inspired +1, 8 hours
Pineapple                          Flirty
Plantain                            Confident
Plasma Fruit                      Fizzy Plasma.  My human sim found it nauseating, but vampires will likely enjoy it.
Poison Fireleaf                   Suspicious Fizz
Pomegranate                     Flirty
Potatoes                           Suspiciously Fizzy- Strong Happy moodlet, possessed walk but no loss of control, loss of Energy and passing out.
Quill Fruit                          Inspired
Raspberry                         Playful
Roses                               Floral Rose Kombucha- Focused.  I thought for sure this one would be Flirty!
Sage                                Kombucha, Energized
Snapdragon                      Kombucha, Focused
Snow Drops                      Kombucha, Focused
Spinach                            Suspicious Fizz
Strawberries                     Flirty.  Does it also guarantee a baby girl?  *It seems that it probably will, but it's MUCH easier to just eat strawberries.
Soy Beans                        Tofizz.  Does not add a moodlet, but removes moodlets gained from other fizzy drinks.
Taro Root                          Suspicious Fizz
Tomatoes                          Suspicious Fizz, +4 Uncomfortable and vomiting.
Toxic Chamomile                Suspicious Fizz
Trash Fruit                        Suspicious Fizz  +4 Happy, possessed walk but normal control, full needs.  Thanks scoed!
Tulips                                Kombucha, Focused
U.F.O.                               Happy
Wolfsbane                         Kombucha, Focused

Insect Byproducts-Grubs    Suspicious Fizz- +4 Happy, and vomiting.  Thanks to Nindigo and Scoed.

Fruits appear to be the only things that are different from one to another.  Vegetables, Faux Meat Cubes, and insect byproducts all make Suspicious Fizzes.  And we are including Bell Peppers and Tomatoes in the vegetable category.  Flowers all make Focused kombuchas.  Herbs make Energized Kombuchas.
Instead of a Focused kombucha, Death Flowers make Grimbucha.  It makes you sad.
Soy Beans make something called Tofizz.  It doesn't give you any moodlets, instead it acts more like a "reset".  Oops, I drank Plantain and got Confident, when I wanted to drink Pineapple and get Flirty- drink a Tofizz, then drink your pineapple!

Placed in a refrigerator, your fizzes, seltzers, and kombuchas will stack up with other ones that give the same results.  So if you make both Apple and Pomegranate juices, they will form one "happy" stack.  You'll have to pull the empty 6-pack out so you can get juice out of the next one "behind" it.

Seltzers appear to have the same effects as the juices.  Seltzers are only made from fruits though, and give twice as much product from the same ingredients.  5 fruit= a 12-pack of seltzer.

Juices that give a simple moodlet, give a +1 for 8 hours.  But if you drink a second one, it becomes a +3.  Drink a third, and it becomes a +6.  A fourth causes energy loss and passing out.

Kombuchas give a +1 moodlet lasting 8 hours after the first one, a +2 for just 1 hour after a second one (but will revert to the +1 when it wears off) and a +4 for 2 hours after a third one.  4 or more will give you a +8 Dazed moodlet for 8 hours.

Drinks last about 32 hours left out, but seem to last indefinitely in a refrigerator.  *This actually depends on quality.  A Masterpiece will last a full 48 hours.  A Poor result might only last 10 hours.  They all last forever if refrigerated though.

Suspicious Fizz:  These have been very confusing.  All Suspicious Fizzes will go to one big stack, placed in a refrigerator, implying that in fact there is no difference between them.
    Individual reactions seem to vary to some degree.  Quality seems to matter- Poor results will make your sim vomit, where as better quality results do not. 
    A pregnant sim will vomit repeatedly from any Suspicious Fizz, regardless of quality. 
    An Excellent or Masterpiece quality Suspicious Fizz, drunk by a sim who is not pregnant, does seem to have consistent results: 1 does nothing.  2 gives a +3 or 4 Happy moodlet, and makes your sim do the possessed walk, although you have normal control.  3 will drain their Energy and make them pass out.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Fizzy Drinks
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 03:03:40 AM »
The second batch of "Potato Quality" came out the same, and it is Normal quality, so I guess it's a case of "that's just wrong."

My other sim in this household tried making juice, but she didn't have much produce in her inventory.  But Bizarre Fruit was an option.  So now they have a 6-pack of Bizarre Juice, which is the default name for it.  It said "This fizz is weird" in the alien font when it was done.  Drinking a bottle made my sims become possessed for 3 hours.  Currently they're running around- I didn't know there was a possessed run animation, but there is- and "Discussing normal human things" with people they run across.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 08:38:31 AM »
My sim was not able to combine fruits.  He could only use a 5 of a single fruit, so he made a bunch of fizzy apple juice.  Not sure if there is a level where he can start combining - he didn't get to practice for long.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 03:40:14 PM »
Yeah, I'm only level 2 myself, and as soon as you pick something, everything else grays out.  I'm hoping combinations are available at higher level.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 08:40:35 PM »
There are only five levels to the skill, and no combinations.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 08:57:32 PM »
I learned just now. It's fine though. I don't expect Sims 4 to be an exact copy of Sims 3.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2020, 10:02:22 PM »
Darn, no combos?  That's kind of a bummer.  But I was pleased that my first attempts from like 2 sim weeks before were still in the fridge, with no spoil timer.  So, you can stock up and gain whatever mood you need at the moment.  I'm glad the plantain fizz was still in there, so I can find out what that one does, because I'll have to wait for summer to come back around to get more plantains- not enough room under the pavilion for my trees.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2020, 11:08:08 PM »
Honey and stuff made from honey protect your sim from over heating or freezing. Extremely useful for sims live out doors in witner or summer moths.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 03:57:08 PM »
This is really interesting and helpful thank you.
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline faythenme

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2020, 04:43:46 PM »
Thanks for the list!  I was wondering what was Kombucha and how it was made and you supplied the answer.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2020, 05:43:38 PM »
The list is nowhere near complete, because even though you can't combine ingredients there's a LOT of different plants!  So if you've fizzed something you don't see here, let me know! 
I lost a few hours of gameplay because a loading screen froze, and by this time I was already getting burned out on EL.  So I might not be doing much fizzing for a while, I've resumed a save from before.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2020, 05:37:58 AM »
You can also make 'suspicious fizz' with insect parts. Drinking it will make a Sim vomit. Well, mine did anyway.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2020, 01:48:19 PM »
Well, that sounds disgusting!  I haven't made my poor sims drink every Suspicious Fizz they made, so all those Suspicious Fizzes listed might all do different things.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2020, 02:16:37 PM »
Well the grub suspicious drink gave my sim a +4 happy moodlet. Then she threw up. She was pregnant at the time so it could have been that that caused her to loose her lunch. Sorry can't recall how long the buff lasted.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2020, 02:48:22 PM »
It seems when I do get back to fizzing, I will have to make my sims drink their Suspicious Fizzes, since it sounds like they do various things.
@scoed Do you use MCCC?  If so, could you find out if carrot and strawberry concoctions change the gender of the baby?  I know eating 5 or 6 of the raw carrots or strawberries will do the trick, but I'm wondering if the fizzes will still do it.
*Darn, you said "at the time," so you might not have a pregnant sim currently...

anything