Author Topic: 2020 Handiness World Championships  (Read 24397 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: 2020 Handiness World Championships
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2020, 07:46:08 AM »
I was poking fun at myself, Vesper, I didn't think you were being annoying, apologies for the misunderstanding.

I messed up the thing in the previous challenge about not moving out teens (unintentionally) and it was written out in the rules and I thought I checked that all I was moving out were of the right age group, but one was a teen. So I was really suggesting for me rules need to be so obvious they hit me over the head with a heavy object.

Like you, I'd rather that the rules be as clear as possible, in order to eliminate as much misunderstanding/mistakes as possible, though with me, that's unlikely to be totally effective :P.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »
Hi, I have another question. Maybe I am over-thinking this, but want to make sure I understand everything before I begin my test file.

Every day at 8 a.m. you must sell everything you made the previous day and then switch to making different types of items. For example, on Day 1 you sell the Knife Blocks and Horse Sculptures you make. On Day 2, you would not be able to sell or make those, but might choose to make and sell Barstools and Garden Planters.

Ok, so for this one, I understand for Day 1 and Day 2 examples, but, here is my question, on Day 3 are we able to make the items we did on Day 1, OR are we not able to make those Day 1 and Day 2 items any longer? So, Day 1 my sim makes knife blocks. Is this the only time that they can craft knife blocks? So, basically, they can't repeat any crafted items that were made on any previous days. Is that correct?

Exactly. You worded it better than I did. ;) Carrying over day to day after you sell the previous days' items you cannot repeat any crafted items from previous days.

Rules written, there doesn't seem to be an explicit restriction on returning to previous items after you've cycled away from it for a day. At least that's how I read it. If it's the case that you can only make an item for one day and then never again after that, can we add a clarifying line to the ruleset just so we're all on the same page? I worry more people will make my mistake.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2020, 07:46:50 PM »
Rules written, there doesn't seem to be an explicit restriction on returning to previous items after you've cycled away from it for a day. At least that's how I read it. If it's the case that you can only make an item for one day and then never again after that, can we add a clarifying line to the ruleset just so we're all on the same page? I worry more people will make my mistake.

How's this...

• Every day at 8 a.m. you must sell everything you made the previous day and then switch to making different types of items. For example, on Day 1 you sell the Knife Blocks and Horse Sculptures you make. On Day 2, you would not be able to sell or make those, but might choose to make and sell Barstools and Garden Planters. Each day you must continue this process and make different items you have not made/sold on previous days.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2020, 09:15:56 PM »

How's this...

• Every day at 8 a.m. you must sell everything you made the previous day and then switch to making different types of items. For example, on Day 1 you sell the Knife Blocks and Horse Sculptures you make. On Day 2, you would not be able to sell or make those, but might choose to make and sell Barstools and Garden Planters. Each day you must continue this process and make different items you have not made/sold on previous days.

Perfect, thank you!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2020, 12:55:31 AM »
Quote from: Rainbow Dash on May 25, 2020, 07:03:20 AM
This confuses me a little, what do mean by "Not just handiness ones" what other types of upgrades are you referring to? As for empty lots not counting, does this mean no buying and placing items on an empty lot to upgrade them or no upgrading on community lots?

I think that carried over from the last event two years ago and we were referring to the Rocket ship upgrades -- not 100% sure on that. Any other team member want to chime in on this?

So is this a yay or nay on Rocket Ship upgrades, can we get some confirmation on this please? I just want to be sure before I decide to go ahead with something like that or not, Thor is a busy man after all.

Offline rhi72

• Nooboo
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2020, 02:59:05 AM »
Thanks for the clarification on my last question, I have another around the scoring (I'm feeling really daft for not understanding maths!!).

I can't get the maths in the example in the rules to add up, I even used a calculator! I have (13 X 0.01 = 0.13) + (10 X 0.02 = 0.2) = 0.33
Total = 100,000 X 1.33 = 133,000

The rules example -
Scoring Example = Your Sim has 100,000 simoleans at the stopping time on the last day. They have also completed 23 unique upgrades — 13 were on your home lot and 10 were on non home lots.
Multiplier = (13 X .01) + (10 X .02) = 1.5 + 1.00 = 2.50
Total = 100,000 X 2.50 = 250,000

Thank you  :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2020, 06:34:36 AM »
Sheesh. Lol. You're right. The scoring example is off. I'll fix it now. Thanks for the heads up. I need to join my youngest daughter with her Mathnasium tutoring! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2020, 07:45:00 AM »
I'm gonna have to get Thor hammered ... uh ... I mean hammering so he can nail this one in time for me to practice for the next one, I'd better knock on wood just in case. ;)

Hmmm, I wonder how many times I can use the word Hammer in one post before @Metropolis Man gets board, I'd better go off and set up my practice file before Metro makes me Walk The Plank lol. :P

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2020, 10:22:28 AM »
so this will be one (another one) that I jump in without testing.  But spreadsheet has been created so tonight is the night...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2020, 07:20:19 PM »
@Teresa jumping in without planning or practicing is what all the cool kids do.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2020, 07:24:43 PM »
Challenge Team, there was a question by Rainbow Dash on the bottom of the last page that doesn't seem to have been answered yet. It is about the rocket ship. I'm quoting Rainbow Dash's post below so you don't have to go hunting for it.

This confuses me a little, what do mean by "Not just handiness ones" what other types of upgrades are you referring to? As for empty lots not counting, does this mean no buying and placing items on an empty lot to upgrade them or no upgrading on community lots?

I think that carried over from the last event two years ago and we were referring to the Rocket ship upgrades -- not 100% sure on that. Any other team member want to chime in on this?

So is this a yay or nay on Rocket Ship upgrades, can we get some confirmation on this please? I just want to be sure before I decide to go ahead with something like that or not, Thor is a busy man after all.

Thank you, Dek

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2020, 09:30:00 PM »

Yes, you can do Rocket Ship upgrades. They count towards your multiplier as long as you remember that you can only do one UU on any given non-home lot. There's no limit on the home lot, but they only half half the value.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2020, 10:03:27 PM »
@Teresa jumping in without planning or practicing is what all the cool kids do.

Rachel

I always wanted to be cool
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
Nice idea of challenge!

Are we allowed to place more than one EA community lot of each type,at the beginning of the game? Or is it only one?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2020, 02:06:56 PM »
Nice idea of challenge!

Are we allowed to place more than one EA community lot of each type,at the beginning of the game? Or is it only one?

One of any given type.

anything