Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62879 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #255 on: June 10, 2020, 07:18:37 PM »
Made it to the end and spawned 200 babies. Had so much fun with this.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2020, 03:42:20 AM »
My towns produced 186 babies.
It was fun to see all of the young families.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Noyo

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #257 on: June 13, 2020, 07:25:00 AM »

My first challenge completed after a long break, 2019's, couldnt event try yet University pack features.

Finished townie baby boomer's on 54. :) Curious about strategies of scores 160+, would like to read posts after challenge deadline, sul sul all.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: June 13, 2020, 08:09:26 AM »
Great to see you back, Noyo.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #259 on: June 13, 2020, 08:35:06 AM »
I am never good at Baby Boomer :( 189 babies is my result today.

Offline Poffin

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #260 on: June 13, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »
Finished with 173 little nooboos added. So excited to hear how others played this one!

Online LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2020, 10:41:15 AM »
And so we end it with 203 babies born in the game. :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2020, 04:58:57 PM »
Been so busy at work with all audits popping in last week so I only managed 18  babies but didn't want to not post for mid season. ::)

Cheers,
WP

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2020, 07:15:40 PM »
Ok, I am confused. I was wondering if Sruixan was going to post a score and I saw she (I'm assuming her gender, not sure) was online earlier. I looked at her activity and saw she was posting in the Baby Boomer thread. But, no post has appeared. It's now Monday in the UK. Has anyone ever thought they made a post and not have it show up? I asked Carl about this in Discord, but have not heard back.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #264 on: June 14, 2020, 08:16:58 PM »
Ok, I am confused. I was wondering if Sruixan was going to post a score and I saw she (I'm assuming her gender, not sure) was online earlier. I looked at her activity and saw she was posting in the Baby Boomer thread. But, no post has appeared. It's now Monday in the UK. Has anyone ever thought they made a post and not have it show up? I asked Carl about this in Discord, but have not heard back.
I can clear up both points of confusion now! Firstly, any pronouns that aren't she/her for me! Secondly, I've been without proper internet for a few days (excellent timing, a weekend during a pandemic...) and have thus been trying to post by waving my phone out an upstairs window. Admittedly I played right down to the wire, then had to finish counting everyone up, then the game crashed when I trief to exit it (like others it was faltering somewhat by the final in-game week) and I write way too much...

...but yeah, as her new mother brought Gertrude Lynx back from the orphanage, four weeks of incredibly productive, morally questionable and tediously heterosexual gameplay drew to a close, resulting in a grand total of 206 new babies. Entirely coincidentally, vampire massage therapist Nuihaur Ka'anā'anā handed in his resignation later that morning, in order to dedicate his time to his tell-all exposι/memoirs... and, if that doesn't take off, he might just get into childcare...

(presumed) Congratulations to oshizu; 208 would have been my maximum if things had all worked out, s i know full well how tough the path to that number must have been - I'm honestly in awe!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #265 on: June 14, 2020, 08:28:16 PM »
Admittedly I played right down to the wire, then had to finish counting everyone up, then the game crashed when I trief to exit it (like others it was faltering somewhat by the final in-game week) and I write way too much...

Grats on the great score, Sruixan. I request that you please do not push deadlines in the future. Thanks.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #266 on: June 14, 2020, 11:10:39 PM »
I did not play through the number of Sim weeks allotted; am I a DNF or do I submit my measly score of six nooboos? 

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2020, 05:08:48 AM »
I did not play through the number of Sim weeks allotted; am I a DNF or do I submit my measly score of six nooboos? 

I'll put you down for 6, Ginj.

This challenge is now closed. Congrats to oshizu on a great win. I am excited to hear all the strategies from the top players. Everyone is now free to share.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2020, 06:19:27 AM »
congratulations to the top scorers. I'll leave the strategy to them as I made a few mistakes, both in strategy and gameplay, but want to credit oshizu’s amazing threads for townies and neighbourhoods which were invaluable in planning. It was ridiculously fun allocating all the partners.

I had 52 sets of parents in total; 46 included pregnancy, six were adoption-only due to age, same-sex couple, or lack of time at end of game.

Interesting stuff
  • Two households had single births despite fertility massage and Ley-line lot trait which I found surprising as have always had twins with the ley-line lot trait before.
  • George Cahill lasted a great deal longer than others who started the game as elders. Did everyone else find this?
  • Before I played her, Lia Huauta managed to develop a despised relationship with one of the Kahananui’s adopted children. I’m so curious how this happened.
  • Only two Sims who started the game as children aged up to YA in time to participate; Christie Sigworth and Tane Ngata who were both due to age up on Friday week 4. When I played them at midnight Sunday they were both on their first day of young adulthood so there was a lot of scope for mistakes here and I’m glad I didn’t rely on children.

Detailed info on households and their baby numbers in spoiler section below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2020, 07:37:20 AM »
Congrats @oshizu:)

As you guys may have noticed, I skipped out on this challenge, I didn't really want to deal with crying furniture and full households drive me crazy, lol.

Now Elders on the other hand are much easier to handle ... just gotta keep Grim away. ;)