Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62849 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2020, 04:56:25 PM »
I can't play my save after updating and repairing my game. The club menu is blank, can't save or go to World menu, etc.

Checked Twitter and several others also posted that the update crashes their game.
Hope this is fixed soon!!! (I should have made a backup copy of my save folder....)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #241 on: June 03, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »
I can't play my save after updating and repairing my game. The club menu is blank, can't save or go to World menu, etc.

Checked Twitter and several others also posted that the update crashes their game.
Hope this is fixed soon!!! (I should have made a backup copy of my save folder....)

Ugh. :( Keep the team posted (and anyone else having this issue). We may need to allow restarts which really would put a time crunch on the affected players, but we'll see.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2020, 02:01:53 AM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man
« on: June 03, 2020, 05:41:33 PM »Insert Quote
Quote from: oshizu on June 03, 2020, 04:56:25 PM

Ugh. :( Keep the team posted (and anyone else having this issue). We may need to allow restarts which really would put a time crunch on the affected players, but we'll see.

I'm sorry to hear that @oshizu, apparently the devs are working on this as we speak, I hope they fix this quickly for all us tournament players out there. :( I've heard this bug is also corrupting saves so I was thinking it may be a good idea to not play any important save files for a while ... until this gets fixed, I understand this may not be possible for everyone but it's an idea.

This bug makes me glad I decided not to compete in this challenge but I do feel for everyone affected by this, I just wanted to say that. Oh and for those of you wondering why I skip family/baby challenges, it's not that I don't like the nooboos, just that I hate managing large groups of Sims at once, lol, that's why I avoid these types of challenges if I can. :P

I will be competing in the next one, Thor and Mjolnir will be back! ;D Looks like I may have put of practice for a while though.

Good luck everyone I hope this bug doesn't give you too much trouble and it gets sorted soon. *Is hopefully not failing at being supportive*

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2020, 02:28:13 AM »
I will be competing in the next one, Thor and Mjolnir will be back! ;D Looks like I may have put of practice for a while though.

Good luck everyone I hope this bug doesn't give you too much trouble and it gets sorted soon. *Is hopefully not failing at being supportive*

@Rainbow Dash

🎵If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the mo-orning!🎵 🔨🔨🔨

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2020, 08:45:51 PM »
I was worried that my sims who'd started out as adults might not survive, but they all hung in there. *wipes brow

208 nooboos added

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2020, 10:17:08 PM »
oh well, here's hoping that the only thing that burns are any sims who decide they should cook something in my game.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2020, 10:27:28 PM »
oh well, here's hoping that the only thing that burns are any sims who decide they should cook something in my game.

Bbbuttt, you can call firefighters now! Or your sims can wear the Firefighter's outfit to become Fireproof?
(Somehow, I didn't have a single fire...)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2020, 01:22:06 PM »
This event ends Sunday night.

I don't typically give a full 6-day reminder notice for players to finish up their challenge file, but given this is a Major and takes a pretty hefty time commitment I thought I'd come in today and do so.

Good luck to everyone finishing up. Majors carry the weight of two regular events, so it will impact the World Ranking next Monday quite a bit.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #248 on: June 08, 2020, 02:35:52 PM »
my game seems much better after the patch for the problems caused by the update. It doesn't crash in build/buy or household management so I was able to move everyone into their respective couples. In live mode I get around four minutes before each crash.

If I have enough patience this could be doable, kind of like Battlestar Galactica having 33 minutes between attacks except with babies instead of cylons! Two babies so far. It may turn out to be a very low score as I go crazy right away or I may make it a bit further. I love this tournament too much to give up.

Edit - I've discovered that going into build/ buy resets the crash timer which makes it so much easier. I can't tell you how delighted I am to join in with the rest of you again.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #249 on: June 08, 2020, 09:21:22 PM »
I was worried that my sims who'd started out as adults might not survive, but they all hung in there. *wipes brow

208 nooboos added

Great score @oshizu!  Congrats!

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2020, 08:10:21 AM »
*Sighs* I somehow messed up at the start with the moving around of Sims and despite doing my best to be careful of Sims I moved in and out of houses, I have just now discovered on Wednesday of week 1 (yep, day 4) that I had somehow managed to move a teen to another house instead of young adult or older. And it was going so well, or so I thought. Anyway, to this stage they had added 21 babies to the world, but yeah, it is a DNF, again sadly.

At least I discovered it at this point of the file and not late in the game file.

Also, no one died in a fire, nor did any of them start a fire while rockin' those showers. So those are positives.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #251 on: June 10, 2020, 10:10:29 AM »
No worries, Dek. I've got you down with a score of 21.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #252 on: June 10, 2020, 02:16:45 PM »
*Sighs* I somehow messed up at the start with the moving around of Sims and despite doing my best to be careful of Sims I moved in and out of houses, I have just now discovered on Wednesday of week 1 (yep, day 4) that I had somehow managed to move a teen to another house instead of young adult or older. And it was going so well, or so I thought. Anyway, to this stage they had added 21 babies to the world, but yeah, it is a DNF, again sadly.

At least I discovered it at this point of the file and not late in the game file.

Also, no one died in a fire, nor did any of them start a fire while rockin' those showers. So those are positives.

that really sucks Deklitch, I feel for you. I've had one fire so far, the victim was extinguished by his soon-to-be-spouse who also called the fire department who then fined them for pranking. Shocking.

I'm at the end of week three and crashes are a perpetual issue once more. Crossing my fingers I make it to the end as there's no score until day 29.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: June 10, 2020, 02:47:06 PM »
Crossing my fingers I make it to the end as there's no score until day 29.

Unless someone makes a slight goof like Dek, then I see no reason not to at least give partial credit for their score up to that point.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #254 on: June 10, 2020, 07:01:09 PM »
No worries, Dek. I've got you down with a score of 21.

Oh thank you Metro, greatly appreciated.