Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62872 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2020, 05:29:43 PM »
@SoulGal7
Yes!  I read your blog before I started.  And even then, I started over so many times over the weekend.  I told my sister it was worse than a house full of toddlers.  Almost.

@ratchie
Yes, she has the Not So Berry challenge also
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline QueenLiz

• Nooboo
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2020, 05:35:35 PM »
I am one week down three to go and its all going to plan. Maybe planning has its advantages who knew? ha ha.

Newbie question:
The challenge lasts 4 game-weeks, correct? So on Week 5 Sunday at 8am, I stop the clock and tally up all my babies?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
Newbie question:
The challenge lasts 4 game-weeks, correct? So on Week 5 Sunday at 8am, I stop the clock and tally up all my babies?

Correct. And given you're a new player -- just a reminder that this is a Major event...it lasts quite a while -- 6 real weeks, so don't feel rushed.

Offline QueenLiz

• Nooboo
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2020, 06:49:12 PM »
Newbie question:

Correct. And given you're a new player -- just a reminder that this is a Major event...it lasts quite a while -- 6 real weeks, so don't feel rushed.

Thanks! This might change my strategy. Or at least give me time to replay for a better score!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2020, 07:42:03 PM »
Thanks! This might change my strategy. Or at least give me time to replay for a better score!

Unfortunately, no. Once you're done practicing and finally decide to start your score file you have one attempt. Make sure to read the General Rules if you haven't already. They're linked in my sig.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2020, 08:47:24 PM »
Okay, Wolf Pack challenge is complete, so now I can begin setting up for this one!  Good luck everyone!  (and have fun)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #171 on: May 12, 2020, 05:01:50 AM »
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*

DON'T do what I almost did and disqualify yourself on day 1 week 1. You have to be Good Friend with Babies in the house, not friends before adopting/trying for baby a second time.

(And yes, I read and reread the rules before beginning, and then thought after beginning "I'd better double check that requirement"! I'm oh so very glad I did. I kept on missing the 'good' bit of the ruleset.)

Thank you, you can return to your regularly scheduled challenge.

* You know its important because it is in all capital letters, bolded, underlined and has an asterisk to this line of text.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: May 12, 2020, 06:37:15 AM »

DON'T do what I almost did and disqualify yourself on day 1 week 1. You have to be Good Friend with Toddlers, not friends before adopting/trying for baby a second time.

It's all babies in the house, Dek...not toddlers...

• After the first birth/adoption, both parents must be good friends with all babies in the house and must be married before a second pregnancy or a second adoption.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2020, 07:55:10 AM »
The good friends with babies rule is my favourite rule its deceptively evil I love it.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline QueenLiz

• Nooboo
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2020, 09:50:46 AM »

Unfortunately, no. Once you're done practicing and finally decide to start your score file you have one attempt. Make sure to read the General Rules if you haven't already. They're linked in my sig.

Oh gosh, thank you for telling me! I missed that when reading those rules. Good thing I hadn't restarted yet!

One more question: the rules say we can add lot traits. So Ley Line and Romantic Aura is free to use?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2020, 09:57:11 AM »

Oh gosh, thank you for telling me! I missed that when reading those rules. Good thing I hadn't restarted yet!

One more question: the rules say we can add lot traits. So Ley Line and Romantic Aura is free to use?

Yes.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2020, 05:20:24 PM »

DON'T do what I almost did and disqualify yourself on day 1 week 1. You have to be Good Friend with Toddlers, not friends before adopting/trying for baby a second time.

It's all babies in the house, Dek...not toddlers...

• After the first birth/adoption, both parents must be good friends with all babies in the house and must be married before a second pregnancy or a second adoption.

I honestly did mean babies, but thank you for correcting me. I corrected my public service announcement as a result.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #177 on: May 12, 2020, 07:01:27 PM »
Like everyone else, I'm excited to start this challenge. Got a few things to finish before I can, though.
Have fun, all!

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #178 on: May 12, 2020, 11:03:27 PM »
10 days played through.  I might finish tomorrow evening, but I am thinking Thursday for sure.  And I am having lots of fun with this one!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #179 on: May 13, 2020, 12:11:27 AM »

The key is that all moves have to made in one session in Manage Worlds/Manage Households.  The order doesn't really matter, you just can't to back to Live mode and then go back into Manage World/Manage Households to make more moves with the same sims.  Please let me know if this is still confusing.

Just to be sure I understand...All eligible mover inners and mover outers must all be moved before any of the households are played?  TIA