Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62888 times)

Offline Lindshara

• Nooboo
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2020, 04:07:10 AM »
Hi all.
First time trying one of these challenges  :)

It says that a couple has to live together before having babies.
Is it ok if they live together, then one of them moves, then they have babies?

Also, should the parents be good friends with all babies in the household before having their third, fourth, etc child?

Thanks.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2020, 07:24:42 AM »
Hi all.
First time trying one of these challenges  :)

Welcome to the forum :).

I suppose so. You could never return to the house to play it if anyone moved out.

Also, should the parents be good friends with all babies in the household before having their third, fourth, etc child?

The Good Friends requirement only applies to parents and babies before the parents decide for a 2nd pregnancy/adoption. Once that happens you would most likely be moving onto another house given the 8-slot household limit. But, to answer your question there are no friendship requirements after a 2nd pregnancy/adoption.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2020, 08:08:52 AM »
@Metropolis Man lena reminded me yesterday that couples both have to be living together in the same house ,and both alive, before trying for baby or adopting. So players cannot try for baby if one of them move out.
There is a chance I misunderstood the rule so I apologise if I have it wrong.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2020, 09:47:47 AM »
@Metropolis Man lena reminded me yesterday that couples both have to be living together in the same house ,and both alive, before trying for baby or adopting. So players cannot try for baby if one of them move out.
There is a chance I misunderstood the rule so I apologise if I have it wrong.

Rachel

Right. I understand the rule that both parents have to be alive and in the house before trying for baby or adopting. I responded to Lindsahra above asking if you could try for baby and then one parent leave the house. As far as I know - that's fine. You simply could not return to the house again.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2020, 10:29:06 AM »

@Metropolis Man the question asked if it was ok to have babies after a Sim moves out. It didn't say that the couple got pregnant before one of them moved out. Maybe that's what the player meant but I definitely read it as can they try for a baby after one of them moved out.

Rachel

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2020, 10:33:33 AM »
I realised I have a bad habit of skimming though rule sets then getting frustrated and Moody with myself and taking it out on others   because I've got things wrong. So I am trying to really read everything properly.

Rachel

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2020, 11:57:56 AM »
A couple needs to be Lovebirds and under the same roof as they Try for Baby. Try for baby and adopting babies can only happen when the couple lives together. But, if a player wants to move out the dad AFTER trying for baby to make more room, no rule is being broken. That's okay. You just could not play that household again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: May 02, 2020, 12:29:35 PM »
You couldn't play the dads household then either right? Because he cannot have any more children with anyone else. The more I think the more I get confused lol

I tried orchestrating a plan and I have questions but I might be over thinking so bare with me.

I move Vivienne in with Gheeta for a late life romance they adopt I move onto another house. Somewhere down the line they both pass away. Can I play Raj in that house as a new household or would he have to move into a new house.
If he has to move out can he take the toddlers with him.

Can teens be left in a house if their very Elderly father moves in with the eccentric local cat lady.

Are potions of youth allowed?

Can we physically alter houses in game I'm not talking about editing houses to make them cheaper to buy or anything sneaky.

Planning is hard 😂

Rachel

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #113 on: May 02, 2020, 03:22:20 PM »
You couldn't play the dads household then either right? Because he cannot have any more children with anyone else. The more I think the more I get confused lol
Right

I tried orchestrating a plan and I have questions but I might be over thinking so bare with me.
I'm happy to bear with you, but not to bare with you.  You're welcome to bare all you want, but I'm too past-my-prime for that!  ;)

I move Vivienne in with Gheeta for a late life romance they adopt I move onto another house. Somewhere down the line they both pass away. Can I play Raj in that house as a new household or would he have to move into a new house.
If he has to move out can he take the toddlers with him.
Metro and I talked about this and I am adding some new rules that will cover this - If you want to move anyone out of a household, you need to do it before you play the household.  The only exception is a sim that is a teen when you first play the household and ages up after you move to another household - you can move that sim out when (s)he ages up to YA even if you already played their household.   This means that if you don't move Raj out before playing Viv and Gheeta, you can't play him later (after leaving the Viv/Gheeta household) because it's still the same household, even if some members die.

Can teens be left in a house if their very Elderly father moves in with the eccentric local cat lady.
There's no rule against that.

Are potions of youth allowed?
There's no rule against using them.

Can we physically alter houses in game I'm not talking about editing houses to make them cheaper to buy or anything sneaky.
You can buy, sell, and move things around, but the rules say no structural changes, so you can't move walls, add stairs, stuff like that.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #114 on: May 02, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »
Each sim can only move once.

If you want to move a sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household. 

Those 2 pieces totally change my strategy  :o
Oh well - back to the drawing board  ;D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »
Follow up questions
Townies can only be moved in game right? So via ask to move in getting married or buying a house.

Does changing the wall height of a build count as structural changes I'm guessing yes but it's worth asking.

Rachel

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »

If you want to move a sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household. 

Sorry.  We're trying to keep the rules as simple as possible.  Not sure if it's working . . . .  :-\

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2020, 05:46:18 PM »
Follow up questions
Townies can only be moved in game right? So via ask to move in getting married or buying a house.

Does changing the wall height of a build count as structural changes I'm guessing yes but it's worth asking.

Rachel

You can ask to move in, get married, buy a house, or use Manage Households.  All are acceptable.

Changing wall height would be a structural change, yes.

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »

Sorry.  We're trying to keep the rules as simple as possible.  Not sure if it's working . . . .  :-\

It is TOTALLY fine - the game plan I was working on this morning was a ridiculous color-coded spreadsheet that was bonkers  ::) 
At least the one I am working on now seems MUCH more civilized and actually doable in the time allotted  ;D

Thanks to whole team for continuing to put on the annual tournaments -- I LOVE THEM!!! This year is the first year that I actually have time to consistently play - my goal is to participate in each event (fingers crossed).

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2020, 06:29:34 PM »
I have a plan in place, practiced through the first week, and mapped out for the entire challenge.  So far, I am still good to go - I have a spreadsheet and a word document setup...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

anything