Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62847 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2020, 02:12:01 PM »
Quick question can townies who are elderly and unable to reproduce naturally adopt so long as they complete the other requirements of soul mates etc etc

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2020, 02:34:56 PM »
Quick question can townies who are elderly and unable to reproduce naturally adopt so long as they complete the other requirements of soul mates etc etc

Rachel

I see no reason to not allow that. Just make sure they have their Life Alerts on when junior needs a diaper change..."I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2020, 04:41:26 PM »
I expanded an existing rule to cover everyone's thoughts on gender changing. Thanks for the feedback --

• Only original townie families can be played, and they must be played as is - no gender changing. No homeless Sims.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2020, 05:22:13 PM »
Another question.
The rules say only two adoptions max per household. Does this mean households with multiple members have to be split into separate households before reproducing. Or can households have multiple families.

Rachel

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2020, 06:01:39 PM »
Another question.
The rules say only two adoptions max per household. Does this mean households with multiple members have to be split into separate households before reproducing. Or can households have multiple families.

Rachel

Households with multiple members have to split. At least that's my take. Don and Katrina can adopt 2, but Nina can't move in her lovebird and then adopt 2.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2020, 10:25:58 PM »
Cool as long as I know what I'm doing didn't want to inadvertently mess things up. We cannot add extra houses can we?

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2020, 06:47:29 AM »
Cool as long as I know what I'm doing didn't want to inadvertently mess things up. We cannot add extra houses can we?

Rachel

That's a definite no for this event. You have to play worlds as they are.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2020, 07:45:54 AM »
I'm almost certain you guys put in those seemingly innocent little rules just to make things even more difficult. I almost don't even want to try I mean what's even the point. It's just stressful spending so much time planning where you are going to put your extra Sims that cannot even reproduce anyway because they are still the calientie household even if they are living in a new house right. Then if you only have a few packs obviously not as many townies to start off with so distinct disadvantage from the start. Plus theres no multiplier to make a difference no parenting other than being friends with a baby. I'm sorry I'm just feeling sorry for myself and how much I suck at playing a game I genuinely love.

Rachel

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2020, 08:15:33 AM »
I'm almost certain you guys put in those seemingly innocent little rules just to make things even more difficult. I almost don't even want to try I mean what's even the point. It's just stressful spending so much time planning where you are going to put your extra Sims that cannot even reproduce anyway because they are still the calientie household even if they are living in a new house right. Then if you only have a few packs obviously not as many townies to start off with so distinct disadvantage from the start. Plus theres no multiplier to make a difference no parenting other than being friends with a baby. I'm sorry I'm just feeling sorry for myself and how much I suck at playing a game I genuinely love.

Rachel

Rachel

Rachel, the last thing any team member wants is for someone to stress over a challenge. No one needs that in this crazy time. This particular event is a Major, however, so it cannot be a cakewalk. It's a big deal and needs to have some challenge. I messaged Glazey to look at your comment -- she and I are the main architects of this event. We decided on no multiplier for simplicity and decided to forego prior events' things like toddlers skills, school grades, etc, and just totally focus on babies. It is called Baby Boomer after all. :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2020, 08:25:21 AM »
It's just stressful spending so much time planning where you are going to put your extra Sims that cannot even reproduce anyway because they are still the calientie household even if they are living in a new house right.
Rachel

I am not sure what you mean here Rachel
What prevents you from moving Nina to her own house and playing her together with a partner?
When you move her she is considered her own household.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2020, 08:59:04 AM »
Yeah I could do that.

Rachel

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2020, 10:25:08 AM »
Rachel, I didn't mean to stress you. What I meant was that if Nina is still at home, she and Katrina couldn't both adopt 2 children with their lovebirds. Certainly she can adopt if she moves out.

Also, I wanted to add that people who don't have a lot of packs will probably have a different strategy from the ones who do.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2020, 11:17:54 AM »
Hi everyone! Started playtesting this last night and have some questions:
1. This is regarding the trying for baby & 2nd baby. Using the Pancakes household as an example. So, they are already married, so they try for baby. Boom, Eliza is pregnant. While pregnant, they decide to adopt. Instant baby incoming via adoption. So, now, do Bob and Eliza need to be good friends with the adopted baby before I can move to the next house, OR once the adopted baby comes home, can I just tell them good luck and move on?

2. Multi-family members and moving young adults, adults or elders out. Using the BFF household (Travis, Summer and Liberty) as an example. So things are heating up between Travis and Liberty, and Summer feels it's time to be on her own. She has her eye on a comedian named Johnny Zest who lives in Oasis Springs. So, when playing this household, if I move Summer out, does she have to be placed in her own house OR can I place Summer directly in with Johnny Zest via manage households?

3. Are we permitted to use freerealestate to move sims out into their own house OR do we have to transfer funds from the main family?

4. Some of the pre-mades, such as Dirk Dreamer are homeless. If they randomly move into an empty house on their own, are they then eligible? Just asking, because in the Pancake challenge, Izzy Fabulous randomly moved into one of the empty houses in Willow Creek.

5. If, for some reason, we run out of empty houses to move young adults, adult or elders out, can we evict the current tenants, OR even plop down Maxis built furnished houses in Newcrest or on empty lots?

Thanks for the help :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2020, 11:19:20 AM »
Marian I totally get that now I just give up on even trying sometimes knowing that I'm gonna fail every single time. It's not a challenge thing it's a me thing. I understand that we all have struggles I'm just feeling sorry for myself today.
Real life is being real if you get what I mean.
Just so I know we have to buy houses that sims move  into right?

Sorry for being a bit of a barmpot
Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2020, 12:59:26 PM »
Marian I totally get that now I just give up on even trying sometimes knowing that I'm gonna fail every single time. It's not a challenge thing it's a me thing. I understand that we all have struggles I'm just feeling sorry for myself today.
Real life is being real if you get what I mean.
Just so I know we have to buy houses that sims move  into right?

Correct. Freerealestate is a cheat and cheats are not allowed.

Sorry for being a bit of a barmpot
Rachel

I learned a new word today. :)
https://www.yourdictionary.com/barmpot

anything