Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62944 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2020, 03:28:35 PM »

I think there is another question in here, though - when we do want to move a sim from one household to another so they can be a couple and Try for Baby, can we do that in Manage Households, or does one sim have to invite the other?  I want to check with the team on that and I'll update when I have an answer.
I was wondering if the team had made a determination on this, or did I miss it somewhere?

You can use Manage Households to move YA's and older to different households.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2020, 03:29:21 PM »
If a sim dies can their spouse remarry and have more babies. I'm talking accidental death or death by old age rules do not state I cannot kill sims but I doubt that I will be allowed 
 Also if I play the Goths can I play Cassandra as a separate household.

Rachel 

Any sim can only have/adopt babies with 1 partner during the challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2020, 05:13:43 PM »
another question...
After the first birth/adoption, both parents must be good friends with all babies in the house and must be married before a second pregnancy or a second adoption.

is this just babies, or do they have to be good friends with other children or housemates?
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2020, 06:04:46 PM »
another question...
After the first birth/adoption, both parents must be good friends with all babies in the house and must be married before a second pregnancy or a second adoption.

is this just babies, or do they have to be good friends with other children or housemates?

It's specifically for all babies in the household.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2020, 07:04:57 PM »
perfect.  I tested the first week, and am excited about this challenge.  As you might have picked up on :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2020, 04:06:14 AM »
Ok I'm just gonna lay my cards out on the table but Vivienne and Denis are taking up valuable real estate in my practice file do I have to wait for them to die if natural causes?
I know I can move them out but if I'm being totally honest I'd much rather keep Sims who can reproduce and Vivienne is just totally useless. On the other hand Denis could find himself some younger bride hmmm interesting..

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2020, 06:03:01 AM »
Okay, so we've determined that Manage Households should be used to move the sims between households, but is it still allowed to move via invitations?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2020, 06:06:45 AM »
Ok I'm just gonna lay my cards out on the table but Vivienne and Denis are taking up valuable real estate in my practice file do I have to wait for them to die if natural causes?
I know I can move them out but if I'm being totally honest I'd much rather keep Sims who can reproduce and Vivienne is just totally useless. On the other hand Denis could find himself some younger bride hmmm interesting..

Rachel

I see what you're getting at ;) - no worries about what you want to do, Rachel. That use to be against the rules, mainly because it freaked out Pam. As long as cheat codes are not used you're fine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2020, 06:07:21 AM »
Okay, so we've determined that Manage Households should be used to move the sims between households, but is it still allowed to move via invitations?

Yes, that's fine for this specific challenge.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2020, 08:35:36 AM »

Rachel

Since you've got a positive reply regarding the gender customisation, doesn't Vivienne become potentially useful?..

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2020, 11:17:46 AM »
Hmmm interesting last minute reprieve for Vivienne lol

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2020, 01:54:32 PM »
Regarding Jesminder and Arun Bheeda again:

- If I choose to play them before Jesminder gives birth, do I have to wait until she does, then make her and her husband good friends with the newborn, and only then proceed to adoption if I want to?
- If I choose to play after Jesminder gives birth, should I give myself 1 point for her baby already born?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2020, 05:11:02 PM »
Regarding Jesminder and Arun Bheeda again:

- If I choose to play them before Jesminder gives birth, do I have to wait until she does, then make her and her husband good friends with the newborn, and only then proceed to adoption if I want to?

Yep. The "Boom" of Baby Boomer starts right when you start your file, so treat Jesminder like you had control over it. Jesminder and hubby need to become Good Friends with the newborn, etc.

- If I choose to play after Jesminder gives birth, should I give myself 1 point for her baby already born?

Yep.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »
One last question- can you play multiple households?Can I play w the Bheedas, then switch to playing with the Pancakes, then the Goths, etc, as long as I don't go back to the households I've already done?
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2020, 05:51:13 PM »
One last question- can you play multiple households?Can I play w the Bheedas, then switch to playing with the Pancakes, then the Goths, etc, as long as I don't go back to the households I've already done?

Of course! :) That's the whole point of the challenge -- have as many babies in as many townie households as you can.

anything