Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62945 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 11:49:59 AM »
To clarify, the parenting skill doesn't need to be in place to move BUT it would have to be in place before Eliza could get pregnant the second time.?
Yes

Also, can Eliza get pregnant initially and then adopt a baby while waiting to give birth?
Yes

Also #2, when moving from one house to another, is Manage Household okay (merge) or does there need to one one YA or older sim in the current house that befriends someone in the next house and asks to move in?
... using Johnny and Candy from an earlier question - once Johnny gets Candy pregnant, there isn't anyone in the house available to move out.  Can we choose a new Household to make the jump?  Or do we need to plan each move so that there is a sim eligible to move from the current house to the next house (ask to move)?
.......this whole question got confusing the more I tried to write it out

You don't have to chain the households together - use Manage Worlds to choose the next household you want to play.  For people who don't often engage in rotational play (like me), it's a change in thinking.  We're used to playing a sim that we move around.  But this is different - we are moving from household to household and don't need to move a sim to the next household, we just choose it in Manage Worlds.

I think there is another question in here, though - when we do want to move a sim from one household to another so they can be a couple and Try for Baby, can we do that in Manage Households, or does one sim have to invite the other?  I want to check with the team on that and I'll update when I have an answer.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »
So you play with one townie and one townie only? You can't switch between multiple households?

Also whats the process for deadbeats? Can Johnny Zest knock up everyone in town and just ignore them?
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 05:07:40 PM »
So you play with one townie and one townie only? You can't switch between multiple households?

Correct. Once you leave one household you cannot go back to that household.

Also whats the process for deadbeats? Can Johnny Zest knock up everyone in town and just ignore them?

Homeless Sims are off-limits. As per the rules babies must be born to Sims residing in townie homes.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 05:10:54 PM »
Let me see if I understand.

I create a YA Sim, place them, go into Manage Worlds, Select household A, then delete my created sim. And I'm now playing household A, household A has a baby, I then go to household B through manage worlds, household B has a baby, I decide I want a second baby in that household, so the parents raise parenting skill and become good friends with existing baby, and they adopt. Following adoption, I move to household C through manage worlds which has three YA+ people in it, I move out one of them to another house, and do my best for triplets in this house. I don't want to have to worry about the best friending/parenting thing with three anklebiters, so immediately move to household D through manage worlds. Household D has a couple who aren't lovebirds yet, so I have to get them to lovebirds before they can try for baby/adopt. I decide to adopt instead of try for baby and go on to house E through manage world, which only has one sim in it, I need to have someone else in the house with them, have them become lovebirds and try for baby/adopt. Now, I can't return to households A, B, C or D at this point, as they've already been played. Am I right in the wall of text I've just typed?

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2020, 05:23:56 PM »
@Deklitch That’s exactly right according to my understanding.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2020, 05:28:13 PM »

I create a YA Sim, place them, go into Manage Worlds, Select household A, then delete my created sim. And I'm now playing household A...

No, you'd be selecting a new townie household. Not your CAS one.

...household A has a baby, I then go to household B through manage worlds

Slow down there. :) Remember to cannot go back to household A once you leave.

..., household B has a baby, I decide I want a second baby in that household, so the parents raise parenting skill and become good friends with existing baby, and they adopt. Following adoption, I move to household C through manage worlds which has three YA+ people in it, I move out one of them to another house, and do my best for triplets in this house. I don't want to have to worry about the best friending/parenting thing with three anklebiters, so immediately move to household D through manage worlds. Household D has a couple who aren't lovebirds yet, so I have to get them to lovebirds before they can try for baby/adopt. I decide to adopt instead of try for baby and go on to house E through manage world, which only has one sim in it, I need to have someone else in the house with them, have them become lovebirds and try for baby/adopt. Now, I can't return to households A, B, C or D at this point, as they've already been played. Am I right in the wall of text I've just typed?

I think the rest of it you've got right. I'll flag Glazey to double check you.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2020, 05:37:39 PM »

I create a YA Sim, place them, go into Manage Worlds, Select household A, then delete my created sim. And I'm now playing household A...

No, you'd be selecting a new townie household. Not your CAS one.

...household A has a baby, I then go to household B through manage worlds

Slow down there. :) Remember to cannot go back to household A once you leave.

..., household B has a baby, I decide I want a second baby in that household, so the parents raise parenting skill and become good friends with existing baby, and they adopt. Following adoption, I move to household C through manage worlds which has three YA+ people in it, I move out one of them to another house, and do my best for triplets in this house. I don't want to have to worry about the best friending/parenting thing with three anklebiters, so immediately move to household D through manage worlds. Household D has a couple who aren't lovebirds yet, so I have to get them to lovebirds before they can try for baby/adopt. I decide to adopt instead of try for baby and go on to house E through manage world, which only has one sim in it, I need to have someone else in the house with them, have them become lovebirds and try for baby/adopt. Now, I can't return to households A, B, C or D at this point, as they've already been played. Am I right in the wall of text I've just typed?

I think the rest of it you've got right. I'll flag Glazey to double check you.

The only thing I'd add is that you don't have to choose between Try for Baby and Adopt Baby - you can do both.  The Level 3 Parenting skill and Good Friends with babies comes into play when you want to do one of those for the second time in the same household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2020, 05:45:42 PM »

Correct. Once you leave one household you cannot go back to that household.

Homeless Sims are off-limits. As per the rules babies must be born to Sims residing in townie homes.

@furbyqueen
Something I'd like to add:

- If Johnny wants to be a daddy, he has to live with the mommy-to-be, and be at Lovebirds relationship status with her, before he can Try for Baby or adopt.  He can move in with a townie or one can move in with him, but once he Tries for Baby or Adopts a baby, there's no changing partners.  If Johnny wants to be a daddy AGAIN, he has be Good Friends with any babies in the household AND has to be at least at level 3 parenting skill.  Because, let's face it, if he can't be good friends with his existing babies and can't successfully feed, rock and change diapers, do we really want him having more babies?  ;)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 07:26:34 PM »
Thanks for all of the clarification.  I am slowly getting a plan together. :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Cugi-terl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2020, 08:53:17 AM »
Just to clarify, this challenge cannot be played without the parenthood pack as the parenting skill doesn't exist otherwise. Is that correct?
Could you still play but just never have a second baby in the same house? That seems like it would be putting you at a disadvantage though.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2020, 12:34:40 PM »
Just to clarify, this challenge cannot be played without the parenthood pack as the parenting skill doesn't exist otherwise. Is that correct?
Could you still play but just never have a second baby in the same house? That seems like it would be putting you at a disadvantage though.

I think we spaced out on that requirement forgetting that players with only the base game would be out of luck. Baby Boomer challenges have always been able to be played by everyone, so that requirement is going bye bye. Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline Cugi-terl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2020, 12:44:00 PM »
That's great, thank you!  :D I would have bought the pack if I had too, it's just not one I'm really pushed to own so happy enough to plough on without it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »
It would be nice to have a minor replacement requirement before a couple has their adoption and/or 2nd pregnancy since we just dropped the Parenting skill. We'll see if the team can come up with one -- if anyone has any suggestions, please share in this thread.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »
It would be nice to have a minor replacement requirement before a couple has their adoption and/or 2nd pregnancy since we just dropped the Parenting skill. We'll see if the team can come up with one -- if anyone has any suggestions, please share in this thread.

<Ahem>Potty-trained toddler.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »

<Ahem>Potty-trained toddler.

Hehe...yeah, that's definitely part of parenting, BUT...ideally, we're talking about something parents can do right after a baby is born. Something to give the family stability...get one level in a career, get a certain level of cooking, etc.

anything