Author Topic: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!  (Read 62659 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Mid-Season Major: A Townie Baby Boomer!
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2020, 08:59:27 AM »
Elders demise was one of the things I actually have planned for I may have gone on a half price shopping spree and now own a lot of new to me content to play with.  Edit I have lots of new content for my sim obsessed daughter to play with  ;)

Rachel

Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2020, 06:21:58 AM »
I modified the following rule in case anyone had the sneaky idea to turn their townies into Vampires. ;)

• Only original townie families can be played, and they must be played as is - no gender changing and no life state changing. No homeless Sims.

Lena just reminded me of the new June expansion pack, so that needs to be nixed for this event as well...

• The Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack is banned for this event.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2020, 04:12:20 PM »
The rules state that a couple of potential parents in a household must be good friends with all babies before adding more.   If a baby ages up to toddler before this happens, can the potential parents continue to schmooze with the toddler or are they out of luck for having more babies of their own?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2020, 05:02:28 PM »
The rules state that a couple of potential parents in a household must be good friends with all babies before adding more.   If a baby ages up to toddler before this happens, can the potential parents continue to schmooze with the toddler or are they out of luck for having more babies of their own?

It's a requirement that needs to be in place before babies are added, so they'd be out of luck.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2020, 11:40:29 AM »
Does this mean that if you do not get to good friends with any offspring at the baby life stage you cannot have anymore children with that particular family.
Also if a sim adopts a baby do the parents need to be good friends with that baby before adopting a second.

Rachel

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2020, 12:03:04 PM »
Does this mean that if you do not get to good friends with any offspring at the baby life stage you cannot have anymore children with that particular family.
Also if a sim adopts a baby do the parents need to be good friends with that baby before adopting a second.

Rachel

I think that's a yes to both.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2020, 12:06:36 PM »
I have a question. Does this rule -- If you want to move a sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household. -- include going into build/buy mode?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2020, 12:23:35 PM »
I have a question. Does this rule -- If you want to move a sim out of a household, you must do that before you play the household. -- include going into build/buy mode?

Well, remember -- no structural changes to any lot, so building is off limits.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2020, 12:26:06 PM »

I was thinking more of buy mode.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2020, 12:28:04 PM »
@MarianT thank you I was just adopting one baby per parent in practice and not befriending anyone  I'm glad I realised that was not allowed before starting my real game file.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »
Right, so I've finally got round to thinking about what my strategy for this logic puzzle challenge might be, by which I mean I've started a new page in my tournament spreadsheet with the mantra "EACH SIM CAN ONLY MOVE ONCE" written in large type across the top row... and, inevitably, I've come up with a whole heap of questions...
  • This isn't so much a question as a quick verification, but still: since it's permissible to move an sim into a previously empty home in order to start a new household, this is presumably an exception to the rule that says I must "immediately put them in any home" - if done through Manage Households, the sim in question has to briefly be Not In World in order to form their new household. Thus, as an example, if I were to move Summer Holiday out of the BFF household, I would have to immediately select her new Holiday household and then "Move Household into a lot" - it would clearly not be okay to leave her Not In World while I moved Dennis Kim out of the SKLs and into hers.
  • Are there any restrictions on the amount of cash a sim can move out with? For instance, if Jacques Villareal does a runner from his kids, leaving them to fend for themselves on the Von-Windenburg estate, could he take all of the Villareal household's initial §65,000 with him?
  • When a sim moves out of their original household and into a previously empty home, must they buy it furnished or can I select "unfurnished" instead? Since no structural changes are allowed, bulldozing is obviously a no-go, but since selling objects in the home is permitted in the main...
  • Is there any obligation to play a sim after moving them out of their original household? For instance, say Vivian Lewis decided she needed some peace and quiet in her final ye- uh, days; could she buy Crick Cabana and enjoy a pleasant retirement there without me ever having to bother her?
  • If there's still an empty space in a household after I've moved on from it, can I move a sim from a household I'm about to play into this space using Manage Households, a process that would not require that I play the household for a second time? Example: suppose I force the Pancakes to have five babies, then decide my work there is done. Back in Manage Worlds, I look at the SKLs, and see that Vivian is still alive. In this hypothetical she doesn't get a peaceful retirement; rather, I use Manage Households to put her in with the Pancakes, then continue on with the SKL household.
  • How do I treat the premade sims that live in university accomodation? They form two households (Fletcher for Cameron Fletcher and Best Of Friends for Julia Wright & Becca Clarke) and aren't technically homeless, but since you cannot use Manage Households to move sims into university lots outside of enrollment, they would have to use their one permitted move to go off-campus... not to mention the fact that they can't adopt/get pregnant there...
As always, thanks in advance - I'm probably not going to tackle this challenge right away when it starts, so don't feel pressured into a rapid response to my text wall, but having spent a little time mulling it over now I reckon it'll be a blast!

Offline mismck

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Townie
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2020, 12:49:49 PM »

Rachel

So would this mean that if we choose to play the Bheeda family, we would need to start playing their household before the baby that Jesminder is pregnant with on Day 1 ages up to Toddler?
I would assume all other households that start off with offspring (Goth, Landgraab, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, etc.) are fine to play since those kids were never at the Baby stage of life.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2020, 02:52:36 PM »

I was thinking more of buy mode.
No, you can go into buy mode whenever you want.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2020, 03:20:25 PM »
This isn't so much a question as a quick verification, but still: since it's permissible to move an sim into a previously empty home in order to start a new household, this is presumably an exception to the rule that says I must "immediately put them in any home" - if done through Manage Households, the sim in question has to briefly be Not In World in order to form their new household. Thus, as an example, if I were to move Summer Holiday out of the BFF household, I would have to immediately select her new Holiday household and then "Move Household into a lot" - it would clearly not be okay to leave her Not In World while I moved Dennis Kim out of the SKLs and into hers.
The key is that all moves have to made in one session in Manage Worlds/Manage Households.  The order doesn't really matter, you just can't to back to Live mode and then go back into Manage World/Manage Households to make more moves with the same sims.  Please let me know if this is still confusing.

[Are there any restrictions on the amount of cash a sim can move out with? For instance, if Jacques Villareal does a runner from his kids, leaving them to fend for themselves on the Von-Windenburg estate, could he take all of the Villareal household's initial §65,000 with him?
No restrictions on how much money they take.

When a sim moves out of their original household and into a previously empty home, must they buy it furnished or can I select "unfurnished" instead? Since no structural changes are allowed, bulldozing is obviously a no-go, but since selling objects in the home is permitted in the main...
They do not have to buy it furnished.

Is there any obligation to play a sim after moving them out of their original household? For instance, say Vivian Lewis decided she needed some peace and quiet in her final ye- uh, days; could she buy Crick Cabana and enjoy a pleasant retirement there without me ever having to bother her?
There's no rule that you have to play a sim that you move out, only that you have to move them into a house.

If there's still an empty space in a household after I've moved on from it, can I move a sim from a household I'm about to play into this space using Manage Households, a process that would not require that I play the household for a second time? Example: suppose I force the Pancakes to have five babies, then decide my work there is done. Back in Manage Worlds, I look at the SKLs, and see that Vivian is still alive. In this hypothetical she doesn't get a peaceful retirement; rather, I use Manage Households to put her in with the Pancakes, then continue on with the SKL household.
A sim that you want to move out can be moved to any household, including one that you've already played.

How do I treat the premade sims that live in university accomodation? They form two households (Fletcher for Cameron Fletcher and Best Of Friends for Julia Wright & Becca Clarke) and aren't technically homeless, but since you cannot use Manage Households to move sims into university lots outside of enrollment, they would have to use their one permitted move to go off-campus... not to mention the fact that they can't adopt/get pregnant there...
They are considered starting townie sims because they are there at the beginning of every game and living on a lot, but as you said, they would only get one move to an off-campus lot and then couldn't move again.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2020, 03:22:39 PM »

Rachel

So would this mean that if we choose to play the Bheeda family, we would need to start playing their household before the baby that Jesminder is pregnant with on Day 1 ages up to Toddler?
I would assume all other households that start off with offspring (Goth, Landgraab, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, etc.) are fine to play since those kids were never at the Baby stage of life.

Yes, and thank you for the very clear way you explained this.  :)

anything