Author Topic: Fishing -- Extreme Deathfish  (Read 1932 times)

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
Fishing -- Extreme Deathfish
« on: April 11, 2020, 05:32:12 PM »
I have a sim I have been playing for quite a while over the years. Thanks to all the life fruit floating around, he never gets to die. Whenever I get a new urge to play TS3, he gets saved new into the library, and then moved fresh into a town. I love that the size of fish caught keeps going up in general. So he always gets sent off in the nighttime hours because I just can't resist the pull of seeing if he's going to catch a record. By now I can get some pretty ridiculous size deathfish...

Record size is 2,022 kg at the moment. Just dragging it out of the inventory it will sell for over $26k.

Anything above 1,700 kg, he gets excited.

1,400 to high 1,600 kg is a normal catch not worthy of any special emotional outburst.

If it is under 1,400 kg, he has a moment. Then gets back to fishing. Cuz, that next one might be a new record!!!

Anyway, all jokes aside, I'm wondering if any other players out there have seen crazy weights to their deathfish, and if so, how high.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Fishing -- Extreme Deathfish
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 05:36:49 PM »
Well I do have an immortal dynasty on the front-burner. I've never made literal lifetimes of deathfish fishing into a hobby (my decadynasty fisher had to die eventually and her record deathfish was worth 1.8k so obviously I've never gotten close to the max) but there's no better time to try...anyways how long would you estimate your sim has lived for in terms of sim weeks?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2020, 05:52:59 PM »
Oh boy... I've been playing him off and on since 2010-2011 I suspect.

A considered, wild guess would be 150+ weeks. It's probably only been the last 1/3 to 1/2 of that time that catching bigger and bigger deathfish really captured my attention.

Next time I'm in game, I will look at the fishing stat and see how many deathfish he's actually caught... assuming the counter is still accurate and working. That number might make me rethink my guess on how many weeks he's been at it.

Offline MeestorMark

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »
3790 deathfish caught.

Over the time I've had my sim doing this more or less on a regular schedule, I've used the following averages...

10 per night, 6 nights out of 7 averaged, comes out to 63.9 weeks.

Had stretches where I did much less, stretches where I did more. When I got interested in it, he was already catching deathfish in the 400-500 kg range.

So estimate of of about 50 weeks of noticeable attention to it seems about right.

anything