Author Topic: Hobos to Heroes: Teen Scene  (Read 44243 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Hobos to Heroes: Teen Scene
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2020, 01:06:48 AM »
At this point I've got no saved games remaining on my computer, not even this one. I had saved this and lots of others

I'm trying to work out what's going on with it, hope the covid-19 virus hasn't become able to infect computers from people, or should that be 01100011 01101111 01110110 01101001 01100100 00101101 00110001 00111001 00111111

:D
https://www.sciencefriday.com/educational-resources/write-your-name-in-binary-code/ for the bit I wrote in binary <G> who said I can't be educational?

I'm hoping that I'll be able to at least get it finished (if I work out what's up with it) so I can post a score of some kind.

I have been having all kinds of fun with Sims 3 and premium content which the Flynns have been working on with me, and it seems that stuff has been sorted.

Anyway, it seems to have set up a saved file location on my D Drive in a second place. So I copied the ones that were on my C Drive to that place, and tried running Sims 4 again. THIS TIME it loaded my old games. So, 5 hours 35 minutes to go to get through the 2nd week. :D

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2020, 06:43:02 AM »
Yeah well, I'm a DNF on account of missing the notification for work of one of my 3 teens, and was wondering why the work tab thing was flashing red at me. :(

Of course, I was panicking at that stage due to the real world time remaining for me to finish it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »
This is real hard :)

My score is 300 x 3.45 = 1035

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2020, 04:26:05 PM »
300 multipled by 4.35 giving a score of 1305

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2020, 04:56:28 PM »
Times running out for the real life day, so better to put in a score now before its to late :)

300 x 4,81 =1443

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2020, 05:58:28 PM »
I'm running out of real life time here as well.

300 x 3.21 = 963

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2020, 06:36:27 PM »
Teens are awful. I'll take toddlers any day. It was still a fun challenge.

Kevin, Kate and Randall finally made it to hero status. Final score = 300 X 1.93 = 579.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2020, 07:08:37 PM »
So, what do siblings Gabriel, Esmeralda and "Rojo" Escalante have to show for their fortnight of agony? A score of 300 x 6.06 = 1818, an incredibly messy yet valuable lot, and trauma that will last a lifetime. Sorry you three. It's been rough, and towards the end it was definitely starting to grate, but blimey did it leave me feeling tested in a frankly satisfying way. As a consequence, mind, I would very much like to take it easy for the next challenge; this is not a comment directed at the team, mind, but at myself!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2020, 07:18:31 PM »
Wow, great score, Sruixan. It does not look like Rainbow will challenge you given it's already 4/20 in her neck of the woods. So, she decided to sit this one out. But, she she better do the Bill Nye one given it was her idea! Lol.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2020, 08:18:45 PM »
That is a great score Sruixan.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2020, 12:30:37 AM »
Out of time.

300 x 4.85 = 1455

Awesome Score @Sruixan!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2020, 05:54:02 AM »
This challenge is now closed. 23 total participants with Sruixan coming out on top with a fantastic score. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2020, 10:39:08 AM »
In brief: photography for BFFs, clubs for skills, parties happened whenever I remembered to hold them, and scouting trivialised the job requirement.

In not-so-brief? Well...

Top priority was getting the teens a house, so I mashed together what I'd learnt from the Making Money & Skillathon challenges. Rojo rushed both Charisma level 4 and 3,000 satisfaction points, the former feeding into the latter courtesy Serial Romantic and Friend Of The World. This let him purchase Great Kisser at 12:09am Monday, after which he smooched the teens I'd run into, Wolfgang Munch and Morgan Fyres, until he hit Charisma level 9 and could Ask For Large Loans. Throughout the challenge, the teens used photography to make BFFs (and, at this point, selling them produced the cash required to buy food) - later on the Popular Club perk, Incredibly Friendly and a Pristine Reputation meant that only the most stubborn sims needed a selfie session as opposed to a compliment or two. Still, this meant that Rojo had a way to get very strong relationships with other sims very quickly and could thus get loans off of them: combined with photo cash and the prize from Esme leading the Jokesters to victory at the Humor & Hijinks Festival, they were able to buy Slip 42 at 1:09am Tuesday. That's actually later than the practice run of mine that worked, but ho hum.

For the record, the teens used Waterside Warble's conveniences and napped upstairs in Discotheque Pan Europa on Sunday, then downed moodlet solvers an hour before heading off to school. Burners & Builders provided the mirror to calm Esme's +50 tense moodlet and the toilets and sinks for ablutions, and though they were all pretty spent by the time they arrived in Strangerville they were all still upright! The adults they'd ensnared into their club were used tohelp them through the school projects they'd been assigned, and having a house meant a good-quality bed to share. It also meant they had a bath in which they could have Citrus Soaks with incense in order to get +2 Focused for 12 hours, ideal for doing well in school. And I didn't even have to lock an unemployed club member in the house so that the Focused club vibe would persist while the teens were away - L. Faba hung around of her own accord! Seriously, she was an absolute trooper and remained the only townie that figured out how to use the coffee machine. Admittedly, drinking the coffee she made sometimes seemed a bit beyond her, but she made an effort!

Once the teens were housed, selling the rewards from two incognito parties netted them enough cash to get them most of what they needed, and said parties were mainly homework/extra credit sessions under the tutelages of their guests as it was. They all earned a B after Tuesday and their As after Thursday, with four vacation days each; setting up two holidays (on the Fridays) was thus enough to keep them out of school for the rest of the challenge. My focus then turned to having them all earn more satisfaction points, aiming to have Savant, Night Owl, Morning Sim and Incredibly Friendly for all as soon as possible. Eventually, they also got Seldom Sleepy, but that was well into the second week. These bonus traits plus the skill-boosting club perks helped immensely! Eventually, things settled into a rough routine: skilling during Night Owl's 8pm-3am window, a brief break to tend to needs, then more skilling through Morning Sim's 5am-12pm, with the 12pm-8pm period focused on BFF-making and, y'know, sleeping. It wasn't until Friday Week 2 that they switched to a Moodlet Solver regime, 'cause they all had to get Potions Of Youth first...

The job requirement was just as easy to cheese as the BFF requirement with the ruling that Scouts counted as a career - I mean, it makes sense and all, but reaching Unicorn Scout is a darn sight easier than holding a part-time job. The Escalantes all signed up Monday week 2 so that they'd only have to attend Saturday's meeting in order for the career to count, and all three made it to Pegasus Scout as it was. It was quite late on that I remembered that the Scouting Aptitude reward trait was, well, a trait, and so would be applied the moment it was achieved: +25% to all skill gains would have been incredibly useful! I did try for it, but I couldn't figure out a way for the teens to earn the Keep Fit badge without sinking an inconvenient amount of time - with forward planning, I could have arranged things to try and combine it with levelling Fitness and Dancing, but I don't think that would have been sufficient. Rojo made great use of IronicBeauty's fantastic tip from the skillathon and used the Dream Big basketball interaction to max Fitness super-fast, so that would have contributed little, and he was also the group's Dance Machine so that he could take Disco Naps during those oh-so important first two days, thus maximising the amount of time he could spent working towards housing him and his siblings... oh, and he took on yoga duties for Wellness too. Ah well.

Uh, that's about it for overarching strategy, bar the fact the teens later moved to Daisy Hovel in order to have better townie walkbys and so that Rojo could use the three nearby fishing spots. I didn't hold anywhere near enough parties, really, 'cause with Pristine Reputations having them go gold is often very easy, and though I arguably could have had them make more BFFs I honestly don't think my (frankly tenuous) sanity could have taken it, despite having set up my spreadsheet so that I could keep track of hundreds of townies. Seventeen hours in Selvadorada absolutely frazzled me, let alone my sims, but it did mean 0.41 + 0.05 for the multiplier...

I leave you with the break-down of my final score, with the (somewhat arbitrary) contributitions for Hero Status in bold:

Gabriel (Insider, Good): 0.75 (BFFs) + 0.81 (skills) + 0.03 (parties) + 0.04 (job levels) = 1.63
First BFF: Laurel Library's first shift librarian Meilani Vainu'upo
Skills: Acting 9 | Archaeology 2 | Handiness 10 | Logic 8 | Media Production 5 | Mischief 10 | Mixology 6 | Photography 5 | Piano 5 | Programming 7 | Research & Debate 5 | Selvadoradian Culture 5 | Singing 4
Gold medal parties: Incognito + Incognito & Dinner
Job: Pegasus Scout (level 4), all badges bar Keep Fit

Esmeralda (Cheerful, Loves The Outdoors): 0.76 (BFFs) + 0.81 (skills) + 0.08 (parties) + 0.04 (job levels) = 1.69
First BFF: Foxbury Physics student Annabelle Grey
Skills: Bowling 3 | Comedy 10 | Cooking 10 | DJ Mixing 7 | Gardening 10 | Gourmet Cooking 10 | Guitar 8 | Herbalism 3 | Painting 10 | Pipe Organ 2 | Rocket Science 8
Gold medal parties: House + House x3, Dinner x3 & Fan Meet And Greet
Job: Pegasus Scout (level 4), all badges bar Keep Fit and Young Scientist

Rojo (Outgoing, Dance Machine): 0.76 (BFFs) + 0.90 (skills) + 0.04 (parties) + 0.04 (job levels) = 1.74
First BFF: L. Faba
Skills: Baking 10 | Charisma 10 | Dancing 5 | Fishing 7 | Fitness 10 | Flower Arranging 3 | Robotics 2 | Vampire Lore 15 | Video Gaming 10 | Violin 6 | Wellness 7 | Writing 5
Gold medal parties: Incognito + Dinner x2 & Fan Meet And Greet
Job: Pegasus Scout (level 4) with the minimum six badges, missing Arts & Crafts, Keep Fit and Young Scientist

From the base of 1, then, that's 1.00 + 1.63 + 1.69 + 1.74 = 6.06, for a final total of 300 x 6.06 = 1818.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2020, 12:28:30 PM »
I really need to pre plan things a lot more and by a lot more I mean actually make a plan.

The part I found the easiest was being homeless. I moved my teens into the park at oasis springs I've played a homeless sim previously and its my go to lot it has everything I need to keep sims needs met. Theres also the chance of fishing up violins if you fish in the pond right at the back of the lot.
I didn't rush to get them a house we were all quite happy living off the land until they all reached an a by wednesday. I would have been happy to stay in the park but was not sure if I was allowed to buy anything from buy mode from the home lot so we gathered enough money from fishing collecting and photography to buy a very cheap house.
At this point I remembered it was a challenge and made 3 buffs and threw 3 parties. I did the bare minimum as far as friends jobs and parties and concentrated on skills.
Things I learned: School projects cost a lot less than buying and upgrading the rocket to gain rocket skill.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
For my attempt... 

Holly spent Sunday, day 1, taking pictures, and they had enough to move where I wanted them by the end of the day.  They kicked Johnny Zest out of his place and take over the trailer. 

They took a job in retail because I didn't think about putting them in scouting for the career, so their life sucked.
By the end of the first week they had their A in school and had reached the top of the career.  So they quit the job and planned vacation for the rest of their school.

They had three house parties back to back, because those I know how to get gold.

Then they worked on skills.  After mastering one unique one each - photography for Holly, Selvadoradian Culture for Harry, and Vampire Lore for Henry, they just hit different skills for the first level and however many they could get quickly.

Then I quit on Thursday week 2 because I was done with them, and had started looking for ways to kill them off early.

My components:
Each unique skill level (84)
Each job level (9)
Each BFF (3)
Each gold-medal party (3)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

anything