Author Topic: Hobos to Heroes: Teen Scene  (Read 44251 times)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
Re: Hobos to Heroes: Teen Scene
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2020, 02:52:17 PM »
Thanks for following up @GlazeyLady.  I am good. :)
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline thefaeriesgirl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2020, 03:35:17 PM »
Thanks for the clarification @GlazeyLady
At least I'm not in too much danger considering my sims tend to have a mind of their own.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2020, 03:38:29 PM »
Thank you for the clarification I am only 3 days and that gives me one less thing to worry about micro managing.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2020, 05:29:10 PM »
Does the rule about unique traits also apply to the trait that comes with their initial aspiration?
(E.g. 'dreamer' for creative aspirations)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2020, 06:44:07 PM »
@GlazeyLady 
Thank you so much for looking into the autonomous skilling, 💖
It gives me grief whenever my teens visit a multiple skill objects. 

Please don't apologize, thought, this has been a hard but thoroughly fun challenge!
Now, it's even more fun but a lot less frustrating.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2020, 07:14:36 PM »
Does the rule about unique traits also apply to the trait that comes with their initial aspiration?
(E.g. 'dreamer' for creative aspirations)
No - just the two traits for each sim that you choose in CAS.  Those have to be 6 different traits.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2020, 05:20:49 AM »
Thanks, GlazeyLady!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lizzi6692

• Nooboo
    • Lizzi Sims
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2020, 02:28:43 PM »
Thanks for tagging me about the updated rule change, but I don't need to start over. It took me a little longer to get a totally unique skill for each of my 3 sims, but I don't think overall it impacted my score at all because of the way I went about this challenge.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2020, 04:13:50 PM »
I am very confused on the multiplier calculation. Could we get an example. For instance, all 3 teens became heroes, so that's 300. If the mutilplier is 0.01 for a maxed skill, how am I to calculate a partial skill?  So, for instance, all of their unique skills (3) would be 0.03 combined, but what about the teen that has level 8 in cooking? How is that calculated? I did read all of the questions and answers, but still don't understand how to calculate this. Sorry :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »
I am very confused on the multiplier calculation. Could we get an example. For instance, all 3 teens became heroes, so that's 300. If the mutilplier is 0.01 for a maxed skill, how am I to calculate a partial skill?  So, for instance, all of their unique skills (3) would be 0.03 combined, but what about the teen that has level 8 in cooking? How is that calculated? I did read all of the questions and answers, but still don't understand how to calculate this. Sorry :(

The multiplier is not .01 for a maxed skill. It's .01 per unique skill level. So, in your example, let's say each maxed a unique level 10 skill - fishing, video gaming, and painting. That's 30 levels X .01 = .3. One of the teens also got your 8 levels in cooking for another .08. Cooking needs to be unique for that teen meaning no other Teen could have learned cooking at all.

So, in your example you'd have 300 X 1.38 = 414

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: April 05, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »
wait I'm confused the rules say.
**Each unique skill level (each skill can only count for 1 Sim)
implying Sims can learn the same skills but we only count say cooking for example for one of them. 

now you say your 8 levels in cooking for another .08. Cooking needs to be unique for that teen meaning no other Teen could have learned cooking at all.
So do we only count skills that have only been completed by one Sim cause that needs a totally different strategy.

Rachel

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: April 05, 2020, 05:28:36 PM »
wait I'm confused the rules say.
**Each unique skill level (each skill can only count for 1 Sim)
implying Sims can learn the same skills but we only count say cooking for example for one of them. 

now you say your 8 levels in cooking for another .08. Cooking needs to be unique for that teen meaning no other Teen could have learned cooking at all.
So do we only count skills that have only been completed by one Sim cause that needs a totally different strategy.

Rachel

Yeah, I can see why you would be confused. Sorry, Rachel. Maybe Glazey can explain it better. I messaged her.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #132 on: April 05, 2020, 06:12:37 PM »
If it helps, this is what Glazey said when I asked about the multiplier a couple of pages back (bolding mine):

Beyond the three skills maxed for the Hero Status, do the teens' other skills have to be maxed in order for them to contribute to the multiplier? The phrasing "unique skill level" suggests not. For instance, if by the end of the challenge the teens had achieved levels 4, 8 and 7 in Acting, the middle teen would contribute 0.08 to the multiplier (fair enough), but also that, if they had levels 0, 1 and 1 in Archaeology, one of the latter two would contribute 0.01, which seems a little... odd?
The three skills maxed for Hero status have to be unique - that means no other teen can gain that skill at all - it can't even show up in the other teens' skill panels.  The skills after Hero status do not have to be maxed to count - each level counts.  Your scoring examples are correct - the teens can gain levels in the same skills, but you can only count a skill for one teen, so, yes, it makes sense to count it for whichever teen has the highest level.

Also, with regards to difficulty, as the person who's apparently at the top of the leaderboard right now (?!), take it from me - this is definitely a tough challenge! For those struggling, earlier someone suggested practicing the first day a few times, and I'd like to endorse that on the grounds it's pretty much what I've been doing. I've tried five times now and only the third attempt made it past the first day, though I reckon this fifth run might go the distance too. Somehow my initial strategy is still roughly in tact, although I flirted with another tack for my fourth attempt and, gotta say, it did not go well! I've altered traits, priorities, lot visits, et cetera, all based on these dry runs, and having taken copious notes in my spreadsheet I've now got something that resembles an action plan... for, like, the first four days. Dunno about the rest of the challenge yet - I'll probably just wing it! But at least I'm increasingly confident that I've got a solid base to build on...

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: April 05, 2020, 06:20:29 PM »
I've managed to get past the initial why am I doing this why are you all crying does anyone remember which lot I left the tent in havoc of the first couple of days. So I thought I had got a handle on things. A slightly precarious grip but a grip non the less.

Rachel

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #134 on: April 05, 2020, 06:30:24 PM »
@Sruixan
Thank you for sharing that. Just now, I was about to DNF when I saw your reposting. Much appreciated.
I guess I'll hang in there for the last 24 sim-hours.