Author Topic: Don't you get to pick 2 traits when your baby is born?  (Read 16397 times)

Offline crashhat69

• Townie
Don't you get to pick 2 traits when your baby is born?
« on: December 31, 2010, 02:31:30 PM »
When I had my first baby on this game, I thought I was able to pick 2 traits for it.  I have started over like 2 or 3 times and I have never been able to pick 2 traits again.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: dont you get to pick 2 traits when your baby is born?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:55:18 PM »
when i had my first baby on this game i thought i was able pick 2 traits for it.ive started over like 2 or 3 times  and ive never been able to pick 2 traits again what am i doing wrong?

Chances are the mother had a difficult pregnancy — her mood might have been low, she might have been sore too often, etc. It's not easy for a mother to have a really smooth pregnancy. You really have to be on top of her moodlets.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

cheernasticDance Flygirl

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:35 PM »
It depends on whether the pregnancy was "smooth". In my experiences I think they mean by like the amount of time you get to the hospital. So if you delay for a while when your Sim is supposed to go to the hospital, you might get to pick one trait or not even be able to pick any traits and get messed up/random traits. But if you go like right away or soonish I think it would be okay.

If your not happy with the trait, make sure you have the cheat console up (CTRL+SHIFT+C) and then type in "testingcheatsenabled true" (without quotations). Then after, click shift+click on your baby in the crib (make sure your in control of the baby like at the left click on the baby out of the household), and you have the option to "Modify traits for Sim". Click that, and choose whichever traits you want, but when you click the check mark, it says something about "are you sure you want to go through with this you can pick more traits"? Just say yes, because babys are only supposed to only have 2 traits, but if you want to give your baby more than 2 go ahead lol. :P

AllieSimx

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 03:54:09 PM »
Yeah! I have have that too
I cant pick my baby's traits either!  :-\

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 04:50:39 PM »
It's not difficult to have a smooth pregnancy.  Just make sure the mother's need bars never go into the red.  Maybe even not into the yellow.  Make sure she gets plenty of sleep and rest.  I almost always get to choose both the traits.  The pregnant mother just needs to be pampered.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline crashhat69

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:18:29 PM »
Do you have to read pregnancy books?

AmandaAdenine

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 05:37:25 PM »
If all goes well you get to pick two traits. Its not that hard to do, you just have to watch your pregnant sim a little more than usual. You can use lifetime rewards like Steel Bladder, which made my pregnancy go so much smoother because she didn't have to pee all the time. Another thing you have to complete as many of the pregnant sims wishes as possible, and read pregnancy books (they aren't required, but more times that not your sim wants to), maybe even go to the Hospital for advice. You have to really watch their needs, and make sure they are very comfortable and not on their feet for too long, as well.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline crashhat69

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 06:36:37 PM »
ok cool thanx everyone

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 11:18:40 PM »
Do you have to read pregnancy books?

No, not for the pregnancy to go well.  Your Sim can get happiness points for completing an opportunity to read a pregnancy book, though.  But it's not required in order to be able to choose the baby's traits.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

cheernasticDance Flygirl

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 04:08:26 PM »
You can also just use a cheat to have your Sim always happy if they're pregnant. Open the cheats console then type in "testingcheatsenabled true" then Shift+click on the mailbox then choose "Make all happy" if you're having trouble keeping her needs always green :)