Author Topic: Pancakes Triumphant  (Read 33634 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Pancakes Triumphant
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:24 AM »
Metro, maybe you or someone else in the challenge team can take another look at the scores.
The order doesn't seem to be entirely right.

Which one is incorrect? Lena told me that as well and I thought I fixed it.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2020, 08:06:53 AM »
Strategy regards to money - Bob spent days in the jungle while Eliza was pregnant picking up treasures and then selling them in a yard sale (300% markup) when he got home. 

Strategy regards to getting the kids out of the house quickly - Making friends was all about taking photos of and with.  Then when they got to cooking they would make salads until level 3 and then start cooking pancakes.  Most had their excellent pancakes in 2-3 attempts.

My pregnancies didn't play nice as I couldn't get triplets to save my life, or finish faster.  Eliza had to endure being pregnant five times to get the additional nine kids.  I didn't realize Bob could have been pregnant also, but all in all I am happy.  Bob was able to travel the jungle during the pregnancies giving them enough cash on hand to move out without having to wait once the kids made their excellent pancakes.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2020, 08:10:45 AM »
Thanks, @Nandarelle! I fixed it.

Vesper asked a while back what my piece of luck was, and it was that Eliza had triplets once instead of twins. The biggest factor in this was whether Eliza would have twins, triplets, or single births. The other big factor was making money.

Vesper also asked what I learned that was so useful. Taking photographs of people really boosts your relationship. So those 6 teens having to become good friends with 4 Pancakes went fairly quickly. When Blueberry took 5 pictures of Strawberry on her phone, then Blueberry was good friends with Strawberry and vice versa. It worked for toddlers, too, but not babies. And when I sent my Pancakes out to move in with the Goths, etc., it was "friendly introduction," "take photo of," "take photo of," "ask to move in."
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2020, 08:13:23 AM »
I was able to get the kids from birth to moving out in about 12 hours each.  It was all about how much time Eliza spent pregnant.  I was so frustrated when she had a single birth the first time.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2020, 08:21:24 AM »

Who was out of place on the leaderboard? I need to make sure the World Ranking numbers are not incorrect.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2020, 09:00:53 AM »
I doubt that my strategy differed that much to anyone else's it was mostly luck with pregnancy.
Anyway my first task was to get someone moved out as quickly as possible so after changing lot traits to chefs kitchen homey and ley line I sent Bobby Pancakes round the house with his camera to take pictures and make good friends. Meanwhile I bought all the kids a cooking skill book to read.
I then sent Bobby for a thoughtful shower to boost inspiration he cooked 4 meals to get to level 3 in cooking and was able to cook excellent pancakes his first try. I noticed during testing that so long as my Sims were inspired they would get excellent quality pancakes straight away the odd time I forgot to get them inspired it took two tries.
So Bobby moved out and Eliza got pregnant and I was able to take a bit more time with the rest of the kids.
My strategy for each one was to basically repeat the initial plan. But while I was focusing on an individual pancake the others would be either reading cooking skill books to get to level 3 or painting. Occasionally I let them do something fun or eat sleep etc.
Pregnancies Eliza had 3 sets of twins and one lot of triplets. I managed to give Eliza the fertility reward just before her last pregnancy they had 9 boys and 6 girls.
Making money. I always kept the same two kids at home to help make money they both got the most expensive two houses as a reward at the end. Everyone painted on the digital sketch books. It's my go to money maker.
Making friends. Once babies were born Bob and Eliza would go work on the next pregnancy and the kids would work on spamming the babies with cuddles and talking till they were good friends. Toddlers get to be friends with Bob. Children were friends with one another Teens were friends with Eliza.

So that's pretty much it I got lucky with triplets at the end.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2020, 09:23:07 AM »

Who was out of place on the leaderboard? I need to make sure the World Ranking numbers are not incorrect.

I moved Sruixan above Lena and Nandarelle above Nikitachi. So, those 4 were the ones whose places were incorrect.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2020, 10:17:23 AM »
Strategy was very similar to Rachel's except I was extremely worried about potential single births so over-compensated. I didn't let Bob and Eliza try for baby until they had both got fertility reward, plus the ley line lot trait of course, and Eliza had a fertility massage. I left all the teens watching cooking TV while Bob and Eliza worked on the soulmate aspiration, or enough of it for 3000 points. Then the teens photographed each other up to good friends and the first three cooked then two moved out to cheap homes and one to an inhabited home. Selling all unnecessary items from the Pancakes's home allowed enough money for this. Although I have had multiple births via trying for baby when there is one space in household and then moving others out later during pregnancy I didn't want to take any risks. This meant Bob and Eliza didn't get pregnant for the first time until around 00:30 Monday. Pregnancies were twins, triplets, twins, triplets

I found out the costs of all the lots in Willow Creek thanks to Oshizu's Neighborhood Maps for The Sims 4 and it was clear that Crick Cabana was the cheapest to add to the empty lots.

Something I found helpful was to keep a sibling still in the home so in the case of triplets three people could be befriending the babies. Though not for the final pregnancy where speed was the essence and the poor third triplet didn't get any attention at all.

Mistakes
Moving into a home via a friend takes more time than moving in with cash so I should not have left one of them to the last Sim as it added around half an hour to my time.
One pregnancy delayed because I got excited by befriending the babies right away when they should have got pregnant first. Luckily it was only a two or three hours delay before I noticed.
Forgot to age up one of the Sims promptly so they accidentally made their excellent pancakes while a teen so I had to do it again once YA

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2020, 10:24:19 AM »
Strategy regards to money - Bob spent days in the jungle while Eliza was pregnant picking up treasures and then selling them in a yard sale (300% markup) when he got home. 

@Teresa, does it take a certain expansion or game pack to do the yard sale? I had Ari out foraging for treasures but didn't know about  the 300% markup for a yard sale.

Strategy regards to getting the kids out of the house quickly - Making friends was all about taking photos of and with.  Then when they got to cooking they would make salads until level 3 and then start cooking pancakes.  Most had their excellent pancakes in 2-3 attempts.

Thanks for the clue about taking photos of and with; was totally unaware of the benefits of that one!

With lot traits of homey, chef's kitchen and convivial, all but one of them got excellent pancakes on the first try after making two salads to get their skill level up to 3.  (Too many past kitchen fires when an inexperienced cook used the stove!)

Anyway my first task was to get someone moved out as quickly as possible so after changing lot traits to chefs kitchen homey and ley line I sent Bobby Pancakes round the house with his camera to take pictures and make good friends. Meanwhile I bought all the kids a cooking skill book to read.
I then sent Bobby for a thoughtful shower to boost inspiration he cooked 4 meals to get to level 3 in cooking and was able to cook excellent pancakes his first try. I noticed during testing that so long as my Sims were inspired they would get excellent quality pancakes straight away the odd time I forgot to get them inspired it took two tries

Pregnancies Eliza had 3 sets of twins and one lot of triplets. I managed to give Eliza the fertility reward just before her last pregnancy they had 9 boys and 6 girls.

Ratchie, good thought about the fertility reward.  Didn't use it, so Eliza's first pregnancy brought twins but the rest were single births.  How did you get through all those multiple births without a constant houseful of angry toddlers?

Making money. I always kept the same two kids at home to help make money they both got the most expensive two houses as a reward at the end. Everyone painted on the digital sketch books. It's my go to money maker.

Wow, didn't know about the digital sketch books! I kept the same two kids at home too after getting rid of the ones who were mean or evil.   Ari foraged for collectibles, gardened and cared for toddlers; Teagan fished, repaired the daily plumbing disasters and also cared for toddlers.  Eliza became proficient at painting and Bob stayed chained to the bar churning out prose and pops and eventually granny smashes and sunset valleys.

In hindsight, there are things I wish I'd thought to do or thought to do sooner.  The no bills reward would have been good as
So that's pretty much it I got lucky with triplets at the end.

Rachel
In hindsight, there are things I wish I'd thought to do or thought to do sooner.  The no bills reward would have been good as their bills were running over 5K every week.  I wish I'd thought earlier about getting every family member a job and have them take vacation or family leave every shift.  Also, wish I'd thought sooner about giving every family member a breeding pair of whirlyflower frogs.  Ah well, live and learn! Congrats to the folks who finished the game!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2020, 10:24:43 AM »
I had pretty much the same strategy as @ratchie (Great to see you back Rachel!) in that I used painting for money and kept 2 of the first six kids at home to paint - they were the last to move in and and also got the two most expensive houses.  :)

A couple of differences:
  • On the first day, I had the six kids become good friends with 4 of the others first; then they started cooking.
  • I bought a stove, a mini fridge and one cheap counter for each of the three upstairs decks, and locked a YA out there until the excellent Pancakes were cooked.
  • On the first day, I had Eliza Search for Vampires, and read Book 1 to level 4 - that gives a good number of Satisfaction points.  Then I bought an aquarium and had her make plasma packs until she had enough satisfaction points to get Fertile before the first pregnancy. It also provided enough money to buy a massage table and hire a massage therapist for a fertility massage.
  • I didn't realize toddlers could take photos with others, so I had both Bob and Eliza make good friends with each of the twins and aged them up to toddler and straight to child.  Then the two children took photos with each other to give them 3 good friends, and then aged them to teens, photos with one of the YAs still in the household, aged them to YA and then locked them on the porch to cook.  So they all went from babies to moved out in less a day.
  • I had Eliza sell all the paintings from everyone until she completed Fabulously Wealthy, and then had Bob take over the selling.  She also gained points from the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration, and bought Connections, joined the Science Career, and invented the Satellite dish, which Bob used to Contact Aliens.  First night - abducted, no pregnancy; Second night - 7 aliens came to his house, ate his food, slept in his bed, no pregnancy; Third night - abducted and pregnant.  By this time, Eliza was on her last pregnancy, but I needed 3 more Pancakes; There was room in the house for Bob to have twins, but I didn't give him fertility massages or fertile reward, and he only had one.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2020, 10:42:46 AM »
I forgot to say that I moved the first lot of Pancakes into pre existing households until I ran out of occupied households. Luckily for me Eric Lewis came round during the welcome wagon so Bobby our first to move put was able to get good friends without us leaving the house.

I also discovered that Sims will start of as friends with others in the household but will only be acquaintances with siblings who.have left. It's not the end of the world and just means an extra couple sets of photographs but its another reason I kept a few Sims at home.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »

@Teresa, does it take a certain expansion or game pack to do the yard sale? I had Ari out foraging for treasures but didn't know about  the 300% markup for a yard sale.

The original yard table comes from City Living and there is a second one that came with Jungle Adventures.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2020, 11:08:44 AM »
Did not know that photographs ups friendships like that. Good information!

Used the convivial, ley line lot traits.

Somehow, the original six kids all ended up with at least one of the following traits - paranoid, erratic, gloomy, loner, & hotheaded.  Trying to get them to be friends was complicated.  Spent the first day having the kids make friends and Bob & Eliza become soulmates to get them both fertility treatment. Moved the first out late Sunday/early Monday.

Used painting, the digital sketchpad to make money, also had the kids who had moved out in a club to keep painting (on easels) & clean. I also had a third club for kids inside the house that boosted painting and cooking.

When they joined households, the kids married their way out of the house (btw, the Pancake granddaughters are adorable).

I kept at least two kids in the house so that Eliza, Bob, and whichever two kids were there became good friends with the babies (which is very easy).  As soon as a baby had four good friends, they were aged up to YA and sent to the kitchen to begin cooking (I gave them an extra stove for when one inevitably broke).

While twins are pretty much a given with lot traits & fertility, for whatever reason I could not get triplets.  By the fourth pregnancy, I had nearly all the money I needed, so I bought the massage table, had Eliza get fertility massages before getting pregnant, during each trimester, and had her listening to kids music (even though that doesn't do anything).  Still twins.  The last three days were just waiting for the babies to be born.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »

The original yard table comes from City Living and there is a second one that came with Jungle Adventures.

Thanks Teresa! I have City Living and not Jungle Adventures...will have to check it out as I love foraging for collectibles.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2020, 12:33:48 PM »

I moved Sruixan above Lena and Nandarelle above Nikitachi. So, those 4 were the ones whose places were incorrect.

Okay, thanks for fixing that, Marian. I'll check my spreadsheet to make sure things are okay.