Author Topic: Pancakes Triumphant  (Read 33620 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: Pancakes Triumphant
« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2020, 05:14:53 PM »
Nutcracker Pancakes moved into the last Willow Creek home at 20:23 on day 14 = 19463 minutes.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #76 on: March 10, 2020, 05:29:04 PM »
Nice!  I am hoping to finish tonight.  6 to go.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »
Nutcracker Pancakes moved into the last Willow Creek home at 20:23 on day 14 = 19463 minutes.

That's a score that will be hard to beat!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: March 10, 2020, 05:43:47 PM »

Indeed it will. It's always nice when quick starters post their scores because I think it encourages more participation.The bar is set early. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2020, 06:15:47 PM »

Indeed it will. It's always nice when quick starters post their scores because I think it encourages more participation.The bar is set early. :)

It is also why I try to post my score earlier than later (not so good at that this year). People can see my abysmal score and realise their score isn't really so bad :)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »
It's always nice when quick starters post their scores because I think it encourages more participation.The bar is set early. :)

I really hope it does encourage others. It's always more fun when loads participate.

The challenge wasn't quite what I was expecting as it played out. Had loads of fun and have grown very fond of Bob and Eliza. Even if their kids are funny-looking.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2020, 06:25:10 PM »
... Had loads of fun and have grown very fond of Bob and Eliza. Even if their kids are funny-looking.

I was thinking the same thing.  Actually been looking at Eliza and the various kids, thinking of challenges and stories I can save them for.  And they are definitely picking up some unfortunate genetics.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2020, 10:01:15 PM »
All my many flavors of Pancakes have found new homes.  The last one left at Week 3, Friday, at 12:22 am.  For a total of 27,622 minutes.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2020, 03:11:04 AM »
Hope you are all well.  I love reading about the different challenges and different peoples strategies.  You are all so good. I particularly like the ones that are a little different, but that I feel I can do.  This is one of those.  I have done my practice for this one. Eliza and Bob were getting quite old by the time I had finished, so please do not expect an early post ;D.  I also had to replace my oven several times, due to all the trainee pancake makers, so I could well burn too. 

I have started the real attempt now and it is going reasonably well, only one oven replacement so far  ;). Good luck to all and look forward to hearing your stories.

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2020, 10:55:02 AM »
Silver Dollar Pancakes moved out of the house on Wednesday, Week 3.

24936 minutes.

In spite of the score, I'm actually happy with my strategy, I'm disappointed in my execution.  Also, you know what sucks? When you go to IHOP and order a stack of pancakes and they bring you a short stack instead of a full stack.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2020, 02:45:22 PM »

In spite of the score, I'm actually happy with my strategy, I'm disappointed in my execution.  Also, you know what sucks? When you go to IHOP and order a stack of pancakes and they bring you a short stack instead of a full stack.

There's definitely an element of luck with this one that means strategy only goes so far.

Something that made me laugh today was when I went to the shop for eggs. There were hardly any left due to panic buying and in their place the supermarket had filled their shelves with pancake mix. I'm just imagining people in my area living off pancakes in their quarantine just like the Pancakes in the challenge.

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2020, 07:40:03 PM »
So my final Pancake moved in on Monday at 3.01 am of week 7, so if I have done it right on Lena's lovely sheet, that is 60480 minutes.

Bob is now an old man, but all those babies have kept Eliza an adult.  Only three replacement ovens were required in the end, so overall, I think it went quite well. 

Thank you for thinking of these challenges.  Take care.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2020, 07:47:48 PM »
There's definitely an element of luck with this one that means strategy only goes so far.

Yeah, this is the one thing that's soured me on this challenge somewhat. I, uhh, obviously can't go into specifics, but I'm going to try and talk obliquely by referencing your score - having crunched the numbers, I know what my chances of being able to beat it are, in theory at least, and it's not exactly likely. I'm not saying that your score's put me off, mind! It's more like you say - strategy only goes so far here, so that even if I nail everything under my control, my final score will be decided entirely by the game's RNG...

...so, I guess I'm just going to have to do my best in the main while keeping my fingers crossed... which might make using my mouse a bit tricky, but ho hum...

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2020, 09:08:12 AM »
Fatfree moved into his house at 9:41 pm on Monday of Week 3, for a total of 22,421 minutes. I had a piece of good luck and learned one really useful thing from this.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2020, 10:09:43 AM »
Fatfree moved into his house at 9:41 pm on Monday of Week 3, for a total of 22,421 minutes. I had a piece of good luck and learned one really useful thing from this.

Fatfree - what a name haha. Can't wait to hear what the luck and learning were.

anything