Author Topic: Totally Turning the Townies...Alphabetically  (Read 31091 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Totally Turning the Townies...Alphabetically
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2020, 10:57:39 PM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man
« on: Today at 05:58:24 PM »Insert Quote
Quote from: ratchie on February 02, 2020, 08:25:19 PM
I will have to double check what he is in my game.  Honestly haven't played him in years sorry for the stupid question.

Rachel

It was not stupid at all, Rachel. In fact, truth be told, when Lena originally threw the idea out to the team I had it in my head that alphebetizing any list of names automatically goes to the surname. But, once I wrapped my head around the first name approach -- it's honestly simpler.

This ^^ Going by the surname would be a pain in the neck, imagine doing that with a family like the Spencer-Lewis-Kims, I mean where would you even start lol, so first names make a lot more sense.

@Metropolis Man @LenaLJ Was this Challenge Lena's idea?

Great poem there @Deklitch, thanks! :D

On an unrelated note, I think I need that Sun Resistance perk, I'm dying in this frickin heatwave that has been around since the weekend (It's the middle of Summer where I am), I can totally relate to Vampires exploding in sunlight, I feel like I'm about to do the same, lol.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2020, 06:55:37 AM »

The whole vampire turning thing was Lena's idea, but then I tossed out the idea to give players a bit more to latch onto, more prep work and that's where needing to turn townies alphabetically came about.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2020, 07:07:08 AM »
Quote from: Rainbow Dash on February 03, 2020, 10:57:39 PM

The whole vampire turning thing was Lena's idea, but then I tossed out the idea to give players a bit more to latch onto, more prep work and that's where needing to turn townies alphabetically came about.

@Metropolis Man Don't you mean you wanted to give players a bit more to sink their teeth into?, I'm sorry but I couldn't resist, I mean you kind of made it too easy. :P Hey @Lena, thanks for finally letting me have my own Vampire army for a Challenge. 8)

It's finally cooled down a bit (After three days!) but it's late here, I'd better retire to my coffin for the night before @Metropolis Man stakes me. ;D

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2020, 07:59:57 AM »
I've never banned anyone from the forum because of bad puns, but there's always a first! Lol. Seriously, this brings back good memories as a little boy sitting at the dinner table. My dad and I would try to outdo each other with the stupidest puns just to make mom laugh.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2020, 08:35:02 AM »
@Rainbow Dash never forget, its not the cough that carries you off, but rather the coffin they carry you off in.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2020, 10:35:10 PM »
Posted by: Metropolis Man« on: February 04, 2020, 07:59:57 AM »I've never banned anyone from the forum because of bad puns, but there's always a first! Lol. Seriously, this brings back good memories as a little boy sitting at the dinner table. My dad and I would try to outdo each other with the stupidest puns just to make mom laugh.

Are you declaring a pun war there @Metropolis Man? :D Vlad I could bring back some good memories for you. :)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2020, 09:01:13 AM »
was there a ruling on aging up children to biteable age?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2020, 09:31:13 AM »
was there a ruling on aging up children to biteable age?
Not written down, but there should be, so I am going to change that.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2020, 11:11:16 AM »
Probably stupid question, but still...

If my game's not in English (and there's no way to switch it to English, though I'd love to), what alphabet should I stick to when planning the order? The alphabet of the language my game is (which is Russian), or should I use English names of premade townies and transliterate the names of Sims that are spawned while the game is going?
I'm not sure it can give me any advantage/disadvantage, but just in case... For example, Alice Spencer-Kim would be in the very beginning of the list for English speakers, but for Russian, she'd be almost at the very bottom. And some last names are completely different (for example, the Caliente family in my game is 'Gongadze', Lord knows why).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2020, 11:40:32 AM »
Probably stupid question, but still...

If my game's not in English (and there's no way to switch it to English, though I'd love to), what alphabet should I stick to when planning the order? The alphabet of the language my game is (which is Russian), or should I use English names of premade townies and transliterate the names of Sims that are spawned while the game is going?

Do whatever you are most comfortable with, but just be consistent with whatever alphabet you choose. Lena set this up where you would go through the alphabet via examining the first name, so if that is interpreted differently in Russian, that's fine.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2020, 06:46:05 AM »
One quick question (be warned, there will be more!) - at what point does a townie count as turned? According to the progress report on the "Convert 5 Sims into full grown Vampires" goal of the Vampire Family aspiration, a townie counts as a vampire the instant you've finished biting them (unless they're a teen, because reasons), but I would have assumed that, for the purposes of this challenge, their transformation would actually have to take place...

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2020, 08:28:49 AM »
One quick question (be warned, there will be more!) - at what point does a townie count as turned? According to the progress report on the "Convert 5 Sims into full grown Vampires" goal of the Vampire Family aspiration, a townie counts as a vampire the instant you've finished biting them (unless they're a teen, because reasons), but I would have assumed that, for the purposes of this challenge, their transformation would actually have to take place...

@Sruixan We decided a while back to count it when you bite. The game does not always turn the uncontrolled sims in the right bite order. So we are counting a successful bite to turn them :)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 08:35:19 AM »
This sounds like a great challenge, but unfortunately, I won't be participating because I don't have that pack. Good luck, though, to everyone. Looking forward to the next challenge :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 10:53:54 AM »
Just to make sure all see it.
I have added a rule that you cannot age any sims up early!

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2020, 11:39:12 PM »
Please forgive me if this is a silly question; I haven't played much at all with vampires.  Anyway, if I drink from Andrea without turning her, am I free to focus my attention on turning Alexis or is fangs puncturing skin sufficient for the deed in this challenge?