Author Topic: Help Requested: How to save a game? XBox  (Read 6970 times)

BCRose

Help Requested: How to save a game? XBox
« on: December 31, 2010, 12:42:07 AM »
Greetings, I have been searching the web trying to find some information on how to save a game in Sims3 for the XBox.
We got it for Christmas but for the life of us we cannot figure out how to save a game...frustrating!

Any assistance on what the procedure is would be very much appreciated,  we have actually went through every conceivable menu trying to find the save option...no luck.
I seriously think our game is broke!

Thanks
BCRose

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Help Requested: How to save a game? XBox
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »
I only played once or twice before running back to my PC version, but I believe it's under the game options if I remember correctly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

BCRose

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »
Thanks, It's not the same as the PC version.   I have played that and saving was easy.
We cannot find this action anywhere under any menus, I thought that under the PAUSE menu it was suppose to be available but cannot find it anywhere there either.

Anyone?

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 11:24:52 AM »
Pause is what I meant, not options, sorry. Aren't there tabs you switch between in the pause menu with the L and R bumper buttons?

BCRose

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
Pause is what I meant, not options, sorry. Aren't there tabs you switch between in the pause menu with the L and R bumper buttons?

Yes, a whole row of tabs, none with the save or load game function.   There are tabs available with the trigger buttons and with the bumper buttons.  Nothing for saving.

I guess what we are looking for is the MENU, cannot find that :(

Thanks

BCRose

BCRose

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 05:44:04 PM »
Anyone?

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 07:09:38 PM »
I don't know the answer, but I'm going to move this thread over to the Console section.  Perhaps someone will be more likely to see it and help you once it's in the correct category.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AmandaAdenine

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 08:30:30 PM »
You should be able to press the start button to find the save option. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what to tell you, because that is how I save it.

BCRose

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 11:06:23 PM »
Thanks everyone for the help.   It turned out to be a faulty controller of all things :(

I tried it with another controller and pressing the start button brought up the menu.   Wasted many hours with the other controller that wouldn't do this....funny because it works fine with other games.  I was just lucky really to figure this out.

Both controllers came with the game. 

Cheers and HNY!

BCRose

AmandaAdenine

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 11:19:20 PM »
Well I'm glad you figured it out, and happy simming, I think this is one of the best port Sims games. :)

Offline sdinger70

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 05:48:42 AM »
Glad you got it figured out! I was seriously beginning to question my sanity :D I would have double-checked for you but I returned the game a couple of days after I got it for Xbox, I just couldn't get used to the interface.

anything