Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon  (Read 41451 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2020, 06:48:55 AM »
figured with all the different times people post that we'd come from all over but it's nice to find out where. I'm from the UK where it's a cold but unexpectedly sunny Tuesday morning.

How cold exactly? This coming Thursday morning in Bloomington, IL it is supposed to drop to -5° F. Yuck. I am ready to hear the birds again and see some green grass.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2020, 07:19:47 AM »
figured with all the different times people post that we'd come from all over but it's nice to find out where. I'm from the UK where it's a cold but unexpectedly sunny Tuesday morning.

How cold exactly? This coming Thursday morning in Bloomington, IL it is supposed to drop to -5° F. Yuck. I am ready to hear the birds again and see some green grass.
Sheesh, I don't envy you. It's not unpleasant here, only around 7f. Don't need to go outside anyway; the joys of home working.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2020, 07:47:31 AM »
Texas has been in the 40s and 50s since mid last week, when we actually got down into the 30s and had a little bit of snow one day.  I wish I could stay home to work (not really since I would probably play Sims all day instead of working, but some days it would be nice).

I post the details of my official runs on my blog, so I schedule it to post at 8am after the challenge closes, so that the challenge has closed in all time zones.  I think that actually happens at 6am my time, but to be safe I go with 8am.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2020, 10:33:23 AM »
I post the details of my official runs on my blog, so I schedule it to post at 8am after the challenge closes, so that the challenge has closed in all time zones.  I think that actually happens at 6am my time, but to be safe I go with 8am.

Hey! Are you somehow spying on me and know when I wake up? :)

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2020, 12:17:03 PM »
 ;)

There isn't any privacy any more..
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2020, 04:53:40 PM »
I thought I would chime in with the "where you are from". Canadian here, but currently living in sunny Florida. Today was...ahem....80F! I'll try not to smile too much! lol  8)

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2020, 04:19:23 AM »
Haven't done a challenge in awhile and thought I'd just jump right back into an easy one.... hmmm. I might have miscalculated.

So I have a noob question; "The challenge ends on Week 4, Sunday, 8 a.m." That means the first day of week 4 or 3 sim weeks for the challenge, correct?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2020, 11:47:30 AM »
Haven't done a challenge in awhile and thought I'd just jump right back into an easy one.... hmmm. I might have miscalculated.

So I have a noob question; "The challenge ends on Week 4, Sunday, 8 a.m." That means the first day of week 4 or 3 sim weeks for the challenge, correct?

Welcome back. Nice to see you again. :) And yes, you are correct...the challenge ends on the first day of Week 4...3 full Sims weeks of game play would have passed.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2020, 11:48:53 AM »
Get your mad skillz on and finish this challenge soon...post your scores no later than Sunday night. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Offline fivebyfive

• Nooboo
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2020, 04:24:56 PM »
12 Skills maxed = 1,200
50 Sims = 1.50

1,200 * 1.5 = 1,800

Really enjoyed this! Also experienced the unexpected fire.  ;D

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2020, 07:09:42 PM »
Thanks Metropolis Man. It's nice to break up the monotony with a challenge. Very strange playing without mods though. Almost like a different game entirely. Good luck to everyone. On my third attempt now. Hopefully done in time.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2020, 09:12:37 PM »
Get your mad skillz on and finish this challenge soon...post your scores no later than Sunday night. Good luck to everyone finishing up.

Oh dear, seems I won't be getting to Week 4 Day 1 then for this one, between work retreats and reviews of work retreats and preparing for new work retreats, I got behind. Plus having to unexpectedly sleep away from home last night meant I'm well and truly behind where I need to be with the challenge!

I'll get as far as I can though, and score dismally again.

Dek

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2020, 06:35:42 AM »
Technically speaking, Skylar Bhattacharya reached the end of his skilling spree without experiencing a fire - a townie managed to set something ablaze as he was standing outside their house, just before he could ask the housemate who was standing outside if he could move in. He'd been there for like ten in-game minutes, tops. Though I'd queued the move-in request, it was cancelled automatically due to the fire, and since Skylar hadn't yet knocked on the door, I'd no idea what was going on inside! He just shot the breeze with his "good friend" until the townies sorted it out - one occupant had the confident moodlet from having put the fire out, and another was tense from having witnessed it, but there was no visual evidence of anything having charred and everything seemed to be in order. So yeah, I'm now incredibly curious as to what it was that all you folks found so surprisingly flammable...

Anyway, on to the score: I'm showing my working partly to make sure I've got it right and partly in a bid to help anyone who's not entirely sure on the whole multiplier thing. First, the skill component - after maxing his initial skill in his "own" household, Skylar moved into 24 households where everyone maxed the designated skill, then one final household where not everyone did. This means 1 + 24 + 0 = 25 skills were maxed overall, for 2500 points. For the multiplier, I think it's best calculated by noting that it's +0.01 every time a score is maxed by anyone, be it a townie or your sim. The 24 fully successful households contained 76 townies between them and in the final household one occupant maxed the designated skill, so that's 0.77 from townies. Skylar's skill maxing contributes 0.25 by itself, so given that the multiplier starts at 1.00, its final value is 1.00 + 0.77 + 0.25 = 2.02. his brings Skylar's final score to 2500 x 2.02 = 5050 points, and that's why I wanted to check it carefully!

For my first proper, unhurried challenge, it was a jolly good time overall - being the spreadsheet fiend that I am, though, I think I may have enjoyed the planning side of things a bit more than I did the actual playing! A lot of the skilling got tedious very quickly, especially in the last week or so as my experience refined my micromanaging, but that's the game's problem, not the challenge's. Speaking of problems with the game, it was rather frustrating to discover a few instances where the game failed to apply bonus moodlets after I'd been very meticulous about attaining them, but since I can't expression my full vexation without talking strategy I'll save the whinging for after the challenge's closed! Still, many thanks to the challenges team for putting up with all my questioning, and good luck to those still finishing up. My score can be beaten... honest!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2020, 06:46:01 AM »
Great score, Sruixan. Wow! Thanks for sharing a detailed explanation of how you arrived at your score. That will be helpful for the late finishers. And thanks for not going into detail on what you did. You definitely have to save that for Monday. :)

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2020, 08:05:19 PM »
Finished withh 900 for skill maxing and 1.25 for a multiplier, giving a final score of 1125.  Fun challenge!

anything