Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon  (Read 41458 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2020, 12:36:15 AM »
Wish I could answer that for you myself @Deklitch but I would only wind up being hopelessly confused too, I too am having trouble wrapping my head around this stupid multiplier so you're not the only one. ??? I'm usually the dumb one that has trouble with these multipliers (I always was hopeless at maths), this one in particular is really throwing me, ugh.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2020, 01:15:24 AM »
Really really really dumb question (probably), but if my sim maxes skateboarding, he gets 100 * 1.01.

Then he goes to a house, (and after becoming good friends with the father Iam Tricky) and there are now 6 in the bed and the little one said roll over in the household and they all max bmx riding is that 700 (1 skateboard skill + 6 bmx skillls = 7 skills) x multiplier or 200 (1 skateboard skill + 1 bmx skill = 2 skills) x multiplier. In either case, the multiplier becomes 1.07.

My mind has just suddenly like gone all Homer Simpson like on me for some reason and I am (probably) confusing myself as a result.

When I started reading this and saw skateboarding, my first thought was an incredulous "Skateboarding!?!?!? Did I miss a pack???"   ;D ;D ;D

And then as I read on, I understood, but your very funny example distracted me from your question, so it took me awhile to get to the answer. 

BUT, here it is - you always only get 100 for the unique skill, regardless of how many sims max it.  The multiplier is where the number of sims factor in.  So, in your example, after your 6 sleepyheads woke up and maxed bmx, you'd have 200 for skills and 1.07 for the multiplier. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2020, 01:25:42 AM »
Thanks @GlazeyLady that makes sense, thank you. As I said, I think I confused myself.

@Rainbow Dash I am an accountant by trade, but sometimes things go over my head with mathematics.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2020, 04:27:39 AM »
Given the above discussion - @furbyqueen your multiplier is too low. The minimum it could be is 1.23, one for the first household (the only one where the created sim skills alone) and 2x11 for the others.

I made spreadsheet that might be helpful for the calculations. It isn't very elegant so could be improved on but it works.

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2020, 08:27:43 AM »
Here's yet another question from me - in the context of Cooking, Gourmet Cooking and Baking, are counters considered as items that are "necessary to use [the relevant] skilling objects"? Though not all recipes have a prep stage that requires a counter, sims do want to be able to place their finished food on one, so in that sense I'm sort of thinking a counter is necessary. This is a question I wish I'd thought to ask earlier, but it's better late than never... and it might save me from doing something ridiculous when I play this evening! *cough*

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2020, 09:01:56 AM »
From what I understand you can add extra counters so long as you don't move any other objects to place them. So.if you want 15 extra counters and you have the space then it's all good. A dinning table would probably work well to put completed cooked and baked goods on.
@Metropolis Man  correct me if I'm wrong.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2020, 10:00:30 AM »
@Sruixan - @ratchie is spot on with her answer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2020, 10:00:52 AM »
Given the above discussion - @furbyqueen your multiplier is too low. The minimum it could be is 1.23, one for the first household (the only one where the created sim skills alone) and 2x11 for the others.

I made spreadsheet that might be helpful for the calculations. It isn't very elegant so could be improved on but it works.

I totally misunderstood, I thought 100 for every sim in the household oops

Maxed 4 skills with 12 sims. 400 x 1.12= 448
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2020, 10:04:50 AM »

I totally misunderstood, I thought 100 for every sim in the household oops

Maxed 4 skills with 12 sims. 400 x 1.12= 448

You changed your score, but left your multiplier the same and that's what Vesper was questioning. What households did you use in the challenge -- exactly how many Sims ended up maxing skills?

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2020, 10:16:27 AM »
Thanks Rachael and Metropolis Man! Surprisingly enough, buying extra counters absolutely did not occur to me when one household decided to involve a bathroom in their skilling process, and it took until my current household and its... suboptimal layout for me to consider asking. It sure beats my other idea of purchasing an otherwise unjustifiable number of used Yum Cookers and Anti-Goblin beds for, uh, reasons...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2020, 03:53:51 AM »
@ratchie I didn't have trouble with fighting either, but two townies started fires immediately after my sim joined the household, and two others started fires during skilling.  One wasn't too surprising, but one was with an object that I didn't even know could catch fire.

@ratchie @GlazeyLady I had a Sim start a fire during skilling too and this was also with a skilling object I didn't even know could cause fires, makes me wonder if we were both doing the same thing, lol. ??? The Sim in question queued up the extinguish action right away but I still had my Sim run over and extinguish the flames as well, just in case. I was able to put out the fire pretty quick so I didn't lose too much time.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2020, 05:03:49 AM »
@Rainbow Dash my Sim set an object and herself on fire so I sent her to a shower to extinguish herself one of her housemates ran up to the fire and attempted to put it out he got set on fire. Then he went to put himself out and the second housemate went up to scream at the fire before being set on fire. Then all.3 ran outside to panic before eventually one of them put out the fire which by this time had spread to most of the house.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2020, 06:58:04 AM »
Posted by: ratchie« on: Today at 05:03:49 AM »@Rainbow Dash my Sim set an object and herself on fire so I sent her to a shower to extinguish herself one of her housemates ran up to the fire and attempted to put it out he got set on fire. Then he went to put himself out and the second housemate went up to scream at the fire before being set on fire. Then all.3 ran outside to panic before eventually one of them put out the fire which by this time had spread to most of the house.

Rachel

Lmao, They ALL managed to set themselves on fire?! I probably shouldn't laugh but picturing it is just too funny. :D It was one of the housemates that set themselves on fire and my Sim promptly extinguished it like a champ, he didn't panic or anything of the sort and thankfully didn't catch on fire himself. I managed to keep the other household member away from the fire so I didn't need to worry about him.

I've always wondered what makes some Sims put out fires right away while other Sims will just lose their darn minds and run around like headless chickens, one of the great mysteries of the Simverse that will never be solved I guess. ???

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2020, 07:39:39 AM »
@ratchie I didn't have trouble with fighting either, but two townies started fires immediately after my sim joined the household, and two others started fires during skilling.  One wasn't too surprising, but one was with an object that I didn't even know could catch fire.

@ratchie @GlazeyLady I had a Sim start a fire during skilling too and this was also with a skilling object I didn't even know could cause fires, makes me wonder if we were both doing the same thing, lol. ??? The Sim in question queued up the extinguish action right away but I still had my Sim run over and extinguish the flames as well, just in case. I was able to put out the fire pretty quick so I didn't lose too much time.

I had exactly the same problem  ;)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2020, 07:05:11 PM »
After a lot of testing and research, finally, my sim finished the challenge.

Gael Minton (randomly generated name) got the following:
Now hopefully I calculated this correctly:

18 skills x 100 = 1,800 x 1.68 = 3,024

I almost had one more skill but ran out of time. Oh well, I'm pretty happy with this score, though :)

I had a fire, too, on an object I didn't know could have one. I saw the notice of a fire and was like - what? The first time this has ever happened in all the years I have been playing the sims. Fires are always hilarious in the sims, but no sim set themselves on fire, thankfully, just the skill object.