Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon  (Read 41423 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2020, 04:04:30 AM »
"Reward store traits are fine" does this mean the reward store potions can't be used?

Offline Sruixan

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2020, 07:15:14 AM »
Can my sim take a portable skilling item with them into subsequent households? To be specific - he has a digitalistic sketchpad that he's used in part to max painting in the household I've designated for that skill, and I would like him to be able to continue to paint in his (admittedly minimal) downtime. I could stick to using pre-placed easels, both in future households and in public, but obviously the sketchpad would be preferable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2020, 07:22:35 AM »
"Reward store traits are fine" does this mean the reward store potions can't be used?

No, it means they're ok (fine) to use.

Can my sim take a portable skilling item with them into subsequent households? To be specific - he has a digitalistic sketchpad that he's used in part to max painting in the household I've designated for that skill, and I would like him to be able to continue to paint in his (admittedly minimal) downtime. I could stick to using pre-placed easels, both in future households and in public, but obviously the sketchpad would be preferable.

Lena answered this earlier on a different page...

And yes you can take items with you in your personal inventory, if you dont add it to the next household lot.
So you could not take a painting in your personal inventory and set it up in the next household. But you could have a piece of fruit for your Sim to eat.

Your digital sketchpad would also not be changing the lot so you're fine.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2020, 04:59:13 PM »
Noah Tall and his townie friends mastered 19 skills with 76 sims. 1900 x 1.76 = 3344 points.

Such a fun challenge. Was really interesting seeing all the different townie houses, and how different traits impacted skill gain. Or how some sims would ignore skilling and randomly beat up passers by if you take your eyes off them for a moment.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2020, 05:37:58 PM »
Amazing score Vesper.  My sims didnt try to get into fights  but there was a fire that destroyed half of a townie house nearly killed two Sims and lost me almost a full day of Skilling while everyone yelled at the fire.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2020, 09:45:08 PM »
Quote from: Vesper on January 26, 2020, 12:13:31 PM
Just to clarify - can we add to households? Either by getting pets or moving in additional sims?
You mentioned to me in PMs that the sim you create is the only one who's allowed to move but the rules don't state explicitly that there are no additions allowed so wanted to check.

Can you choose a skill that a member of the household your sim moves into has already maxed?
Can your sim take anything with them to a new household in their personal inventory? Not sure if this conflicted with only adding beds and skilling objects.

I will add a note that the only change to households you can make is your Sim moving from household to household.

Yes you can choose a skills that is already maxed by one of the household members.

And yes you can take items with you in your personal inventory, if you dont add it to the next household lot.
So you could not take a painting in your personal inventory and set it up in the next household. But you could have a piece of fruit for your Sim to eat.

I'm a little unsure on this whole adding to the household rule, does this mean we can't adopt pets or kids? :-\ I haven't done either of those things btw, I'm just checking.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:49 PM »
@Rainbow Dash you cannot adopt pets or kids. It would be pointless to adopt them even if you could pets cannot complete skills and every household member has to max the skill. Also kids need to be old enough to do a skill so it would mean hanging out in the townie house until junior gets old enough to skill.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2020, 12:20:40 AM »
@ratchie I forgot kids need to age up before they can work on a skill and I was asking about pets for the pet training skill. (I know about the Hecking household but they only have one dog). Thanks for the confirmation, I figured I couldn't adopt more pets but I wanted to make sure.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2020, 01:10:34 AM »
Great score @Vesper!

@ratchie I didn't have trouble with fighting either, but two townies started fires immediately after my sim joined the household, and two others started fires during skilling.  One wasn't too surprising, but one was with an object that I didn't even know could catch fire.

Offline thefaeriesgirl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2020, 02:42:40 AM »
Are thermostats considered a lot change? I'm running my practice files (yeah plural, I already failed twice) and wow are sims awfully picky about the temperature, even indoors.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2020, 04:41:05 AM »
@GlazeyLady am now imagining a sim fiddling so fast the violin catches fire. That's probably not it.

I am amazed by the trouble Sims get themselves into but it does make it more interesting.

@thefaeriesgirl weather is player choice so thermostats needn't be an issue

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2020, 06:59:47 AM »
Are thermostats considered a lot change? I'm running my practice files (yeah plural, I already failed twice) and wow are sims awfully picky about the temperature, even indoors.

Yes this is a lot change if you buy a thermostat.

Offline thefaeriesgirl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2020, 04:51:26 PM »

Yes this is a lot change if you buy a thermostat.

Okay, thanks! Ski suits and swim suits for everyone!

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »
1200(skills) x 1.12(HM) = 1344

waaaay better than my practice, shout out to level 5 skills
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2020, 11:03:02 PM »
Really really really dumb question (probably), but if my sim maxes skateboarding, he gets 100 * 1.01.

Then he goes to a house, (and after becoming good friends with the father Iam Tricky) and there are now 6 in the bed and the little one said roll over in the household and they all max bmx riding is that 700 (1 skateboard skill + 6 bmx skillls = 7 skills) x multiplier or 200 (1 skateboard skill + 1 bmx skill = 2 skills) x multiplier. In either case, the multiplier becomes 1.07.

My mind has just suddenly like gone all Homer Simpson like on me for some reason and I am (probably) confusing myself as a result.

anything