Author Topic: Townie Skill-a-Thon  (Read 41441 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Townie Skill-a-Thon
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2020, 08:48:06 AM »
Buying a better cooker would that be considered a shilling object because you use the cooker to do the cooking skill?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2020, 09:05:49 AM »
Is there a limit number of skilling objects or beds we can buy? Like can my sim buy 20 nice beds and 20 nice ovens if she plan to max cooking? If the number is limit, say only extra beds, how do we count them? The big bed is for 2 sims, for example?

If the sims made somethings like paintings, we must either sell them immediately or move to inventory, right? No moving them to the current house?

If my sim does bring fruits with her, can she then share with other sims in the new household and vice versa? Meaning, is transferring of objects from sims to sims allowed?

Thanks to the team. I feel like you guys are working so hard so please know that you are very much appreciated  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2020, 01:30:49 PM »
Is there a limit number of skilling objects or beds we can buy? Like can my sim buy 20 nice beds and 20 nice ovens if she plan to max cooking? If the number is limit, say only extra beds, how do we count them? The big bed is for 2 sims, for example?

If the sims made somethings like paintings, we must either sell them immediately or move to inventory, right? No moving them to the current house?

If my sim does bring fruits with her, can she then share with other sims in the new household and vice versa? Meaning, is transferring of objects from sims to sims allowed?

Thanks to the team. I feel like you guys are working so hard so please know that you are very much appreciated  ;)

No limit on it. But they have to be able to fit on the lot. As you cannot change anything else on the lot you need to have the space for those 20 beds :)

Yes hanging the paintings on the walls is changing the lot, which you cannot do.

Transfering between sims is okay as long as you do not change the lot itself (place the items on the lot somewhere)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2020, 02:46:33 PM »
probably a silly question but does our first skill that we level up before moving into the first townie house count towards scoring?

Rachel

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2020, 05:10:19 PM »
probably a silly question but does our first skill that we level up before moving into the first townie house count towards scoring?

Rachel
Yes, it does count.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2020, 05:47:19 PM »

Rachel
Yes, it does count.

Hmmmm...I look at the rule of having to max a unique skill before moving into a townie home as a qualifier -- a key to enter the home. Then, the scoring begins with skills maxed by the household. Lena should weigh in on this because I definitely need to know for my own file.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2020, 06:23:28 PM »
Missing community EA lots such as the spa, must be placed at the beginning of your file.

Just to clarify, this means any lot created by Maxis, that provides access to objects needed to skill, if the objects are not already found in one of the worlds.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »

Rachel
Yes, it does count.

Hmmmm...I look at the rule of having to max a unique skill before moving into a townie home as a qualifier -- a key to enter the home. Then, the scoring begins with skills maxed by the household. Lena should weigh in on this because I definitely need to know for my own file.

Actually, the only reason I felt qualified to answer was because Lena already answered this one  ;)

Hi -

The Townie Skill-A-Thon challenge seems straightforward in general, but I'm a little confused as to the very first part of the challenge, before you move into a household.

First - am I allowed to start by having my sim move into any unoccupied lot (namely pre-built furnished ones)?

Is the following example a correct way to proceed? I move my CAS sim to an unoccupied lot. I choose the charisma skill to max, and raise it to level 10. I become good friends with one of the Pancakes, and move my sim in with them. I choose the cooking skill to max because my sim only has level 1 at that time. I raise the cooking skill of my sim and the two Pancakes to 10 (+100 points and +0.03 multiplier), befriend another townie, move households, and so on.

If I understood that correctly in my example, would I count maxing the charisma skill as 100 points and plus 0.01 multiplier, or is that 0 points 0 multiplier for that step?

Is it a safe assumption that raising a skill prematurely above level 1 does not disqualify my run, but means I cannot choose that skill to be the one I max for any future household?

Hi

Yes you can move your sim into any lot they can afford.

Your example sounds totally correct to me.

You would count 100 points for you single sim and 0.01 multiplier to your score too, I am going to clarify that as others have asked the same.

And no you are not allowed to level any skill higher than level 1 unless you choose it as the skill to max in the household you are currently in.

Hope this answers your questions :)

/Lena

And also here:

Your sim counts as the first household, so that skill and multiplier is counted too.
Your sim also counts as part of the households he moves into in regards of the multiplier.

/Lena

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 07:11:21 PM »
Yeah, makes sense now, Glazey. I think what threw me for a loop is the description in Scoring...

Maxed Skills: You get 100 points for each skill maxed by a household.

I took that to mean "townie" households, but obviously your starting Sim before they move into a townie home is a household too. :)

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2020, 08:06:07 PM »
Hi everyone!
I missed out on the first challenge of the year, but am looking at starting with this one.

I have a question on moving into a townie household where one of the townies has already maxed a certain skill. Does that maxed skill that this townie already has count in the multiplier? And also, is it just maxing one unique skill per household? Or, after you and the townie household sims complete one unique skill, can your sim stay there and start another unique skill with them? Thanks :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 02:06:56 AM »
Just to clarify the rule about not changing households or lots does this mean Bob cannot quit his job and we have to work around the townies pre existing life. Or can we swoop in and make major life changes.

Rachel

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 02:36:48 AM »
I'm really kind of confused about the multiplier.

Quote from: LenaLJ on January 18, 2020, 04:35:26 PM
Quote from: duskcheetah on January 17, 2020, 12:02:37 PM
Hi -

The Townie Skill-A-Thon challenge seems straightforward in general, but I'm a little confused as to the very first part of the challenge, before you move into a household.

First - am I allowed to start by having my sim move into any unoccupied lot (namely pre-built furnished ones)?

Is the following example a correct way to proceed? I move my CAS sim to an unoccupied lot. I choose the charisma skill to max, and raise it to level 10. I become good friends with one of the Pancakes, and move my sim in with them. I choose the cooking skill to max because my sim only has level 1 at that time. I raise the cooking skill of my sim and the two Pancakes to 10 (+100 points and +0.03 multiplier), befriend another townie, move households, and so on.

If I understood that correctly in my example, would I count maxing the charisma skill as 100 points and plus 0.01 multiplier, or is that 0 points 0 multiplier for that step?

Is it a safe assumption that raising a skill prematurely above level 1 does not disqualify my run, but means I cannot choose that skill to be the one I max for any future household?

Hi

Yes you can move your sim into any lot they can afford.

Your example sounds totally correct to me.

You would count 100 points for you single sim and 0.01 multiplier to your score too, I am going to clarify that as others have asked the same.

And no you are not allowed to level any skill higher than level 1 unless you choose it as the skill to max in the household you are currently in.

Hope this answers your questions :)

/Lena

I thought we started with a multiplier base of 1.00 so wouldn't our starting Sim add their 100 points plus their .01 to that multiplier? I would try and add that but I think I would just confuse myself, I hate these stupid multipliers. ???

@ratchie I already asked on this thread if Sims could quit their job or miss days from work or school and @Lena said yes. :)

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 02:40:54 AM »

Rachel
Yes, it does count.

GlazeyLady is right here. The first skill you complete before your move in with the first townie household counts for both a skill maxed and for the multiplier.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:53 AM »
Hi everyone!
I missed out on the first challenge of the year, but am looking at starting with this one.

I have a question on moving into a townie household where one of the townies has already maxed a certain skill. Does that maxed skill that this townie already has count in the multiplier? And also, is it just maxing one unique skill per household? Or, after you and the townie household sims complete one unique skill, can your sim stay there and start another unique skill with them? Thanks :)

You can choose the households designated skill to be a skill that one of the Sims in the households have nearly or already maxed, and they count for the scoring too.
But you can only max on skill per household. Then you move on to the next household and choose another skill for them.

Offline LenaLJ

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 02:47:29 AM »
I'm really kind of confused about the multiplier.

I thought we started with a multiplier base of 1.00 so wouldn't our starting Sim add their 100 points plus their .01 to that multiplier? I would try and add that but I think I would just confuse myself, I hate these stupid multipliers. ???

@ratchie I already asked on this thread if Sims could quit their job or miss days from work or school and @Lena said yes. :)

Yes your starting Sim is adding to both the score and the multiplier.
Your starting sim also counts as a multiplier for each townie household they are living in when they max that skill with them.

anything