Author Topic: 2020 Sims 4 World Ranking  (Read 9632 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: 2020 Sims 4 World Ranking
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2020, 07:24:33 AM »
Bill Nye's Science Challenge just wrapped up last night and the World Ranking has been updated. The big news towards the top of the leaderboard is Vesper, who was in 2nd place, dropped to 5th. Nikitachi, Rainbow Dash, and LenaLJ all jumped ahead of Vesper who was not able to participate due to frustrating game bugs. :( Better luck in Baby Boomer, Vesper.

The Bill Nye event was the 3rd challenge for celinegreen and CynKuy, so welcome to the World Ranking to both of you.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2020, 06:20:26 AM »
With the close of the season’s first Major, Baby Boomer, the World Ranking has been updated. There’s no question Sims 4 is in its twilight, but I was hoping for more than 23 players. Nonetheless, it was a fun event and a new twist on a popular forum annual event. Grats to oshizu for the win. No stranger to high level competition, oshizu took 3rd place overall at the end of the 2018 season, but it’s been awhile since she won a single event. This season she is a latecomer to the Tournament and this Baby Boomer win was her 2nd event which puts her in the World Ranking. 4 other players were also added to the World Ranking — Poffin, Whimsical Peanut, junegem, and the challenge team’s very own MarianT. Welcome to all of you. :)

Sruixan posted an 11th hour great score last night and solidified her stranglehold on 1st. Given Baby Boomer counts twice in weight, I was wondering if LenaLJ would leapfrog over Nikitachi, but that was not the case. No other real shifts aside from Rainbow Dash dropping significantly since she opted to not participate.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2020, 02:19:13 PM »
Yay, I'm on the leaderboard!
@Metropolis Man  I am nipping at your heels as I eat your dust!

Offline junegem

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2020, 12:35:36 PM »
Well done to everyone.  You constantly amaze me with your wonderful scores.  Glad to be on the leaderboard, for me that is a real achievement.  Stay safe, take care.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2020, 09:22:12 AM »
The Handiness World Championships ended last night, so the World Ranking has been updated. Not too many changes at the top -- Sruixan still holds onto 1st place, but Nikitachi closed the gap between 1st and 2nd slightly. Lena opted out of the event and because of that quite a few players jumped ahead of her -- Vesper, mismck and Elinoee. Elinoee and Lena are essentially tied - I had to carry their World Ranking to a 4th place to rank them properly. Several other players further down were also in the same boat. Noyo joins the World Ranking - welcome. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2020, 06:42:49 AM »
Elder Traitsman finished up last night with Sruixan taking the top spot in the relatively small field of players solidifying her lock on 1st place in the world ranking. Nikitachi also has no intention of giving up 2nd place. But with Vesper not participating in Elder Traitsman, mismck, Elinoee and LenaLJ jumped ahead to 3rd, 4th, and 5th place, respectively. Another top competitor, Rainbow Dash, also opted not to participate, so Nandarelle, ratchie, and yours truly jumped ahead of her.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2020, 07:55:48 AM »
The 3 Little Sims go to University has closed, so the World Ranking has been updated with those results. That event was the 11th of the season (remember the Mid-season Major counts as 2 events), so for all participants who have posted scores in all 11 events, I was able to drop their lowest score. Sruixan continues to sit at the top of the ranking and had this last event dropped after posting an uncharacteristically low score. On the other hand, LenaLJ jumped up 2 spots and now sits in 3rd place.

I was able to drop the lowest score of quite a few players, so grats to all players that have finished all events.

Finally, a warm welcome to the ranking for SueDenim and rhi72.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »
Although Nikitachi won the collection event that finished last night, LenaLJ moved ahead to 2nd place overall with Nikitachi dropping to 3rd. Both players have played in enough events to drop their worst finish as I update the ranking, but it affected Lena more this time. Sruixan keeps her tight grasp on 1st place. It may all come down to who does the best in the Finale given that will count double.

Welcome to the World Ranking, Cuji-teri.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 07:18:44 AM »
The Hybrid Education challenge closed, and the World Ranking is updated. We're at the point in the season where if a player has played nearly all events, then one more event has minimal impact on their ranking. I might reexamine the weight of finishes vs. participation for 2021 to make things a bit more interesting.

Welcome to the World Ranking, TimSim101. :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2020, 07:24:54 AM »
The Hybrid Education challenge closed, and the World Ranking is updated. We're at the point in the season where if a player has played nearly all events, then one more event has minimal impact on their ranking. I might reexamine the weight of finishes vs. participation for 2021 to make things a bit more interesting.

Checking, just to be sure: have you amended the World ranking after I found a mistake in my 'Nuts for collections' score?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2020, 07:37:37 AM »

Checking, just to be sure: have you amended the World ranking after I found a mistake in my 'Nuts for collections' score?

Hmmm, refresh my memory. Are you not listed in the right spot on that leaderboard?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2020, 07:40:14 AM »
Ah, okay - never mind. Right, I remember now that Sruixan actually won the event. And yes, I believe I accounted for that - went back and redid the World Ranking. But, I will check right now.

EDIT -- all is good. I have Sruixan winning the Nuts for Collections event with you coming in 2nd in the WR.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 06:57:49 AM »
The World Ranking is now updated to include results from a Couple of Knit Wits. No real changes at the top of the heap. Longtime participant coolsim9999999 turned in her 3rd finish, so welcome to this year's ranking, coolsim :).

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
Thank you very much, Metro!  Now, it's time to tackle the finale 8).

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2020, 10:35:27 AM »
Final 2020 ranking posted

Another solid Sims 4 tournament season comes to a close, with Sruixan coming out on top of the 35 ranked players. Great job to all participants!

With five wins alone to her credit, Sruixan had a stranglehold on first place for nearly the season's entirety. The Finale saw a little movement towards the top of the ranking — GlazeyLady jumped up two spots, Nandarelle, the event's winner, jumped ahead of Elinoee, and Nikitachi just edged out LenaLJ for 2nd place by the slimmest of margins.

It was a crazy year for all of us, but we all still had lots of fun. My sincere thanks to my incredible team for their creativity and help in answering all the questions. There will be a few changes for the 2021 season, which I will share in the coming weeks.

Stay safe, everyone, and Happy Holidays to you and yours. :)

Prize recipients for 2020:

Champion — Sruixan
Runner-Up — Nikitachi
3rd Place — LenaLJ
Fabulous Fifty Club Winner — SueDenim