Author Topic: The Dynasty of Original Townies Dynasty.  (Read 30222 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Dynasty of Original Townies Dynasty.
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2020, 06:37:49 PM »
Lovely shots of Mimsy being struck by lightning.
Oh, all your complex maths for calculating your 10-sim pyramid!

I will be looking and learning from Ariadne at Uni.
My sims have still never gone to uni and my current challenge--the BACC--hasn't been updated to include it yet.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
The Dynasty of Original Townies Dynasty. 26.
« Reply #121 on: March 29, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »
In this breathtaking* new episode, Ariadne shares a meme.

*it really is, you must take breaths. Super important. If you are in a curious mood and are holding your breath for Quality Simming... just don't do that and take breaths? Okay?

-----

Meanwhile, new Mimsy.

I fondly remember the days when everyone put that sweater and scarf on every sim.

Mimsy was getting struck by lightning on Harvestfest, and this is the following day.

That's the house of 6 sims in one picture. Ariadne strides purposefully to school with all 5 positive character traits high, and only needs to be an A student to make me feel she's ready to go to university on Monday. It's been a while since I sent a sim there, and since I don't have to wait on rules updating (because like a maverick, I do my own thing), I'm looking forward to that.

Bad news is she got one of the parenting chance cards, and it was answered by Mimsy who has less parenting skill. It was a hit to her empathy. At least it wasn't conflict resolution!

With Aridane shipping out hopefully the following day, Saturday, Escargot (I know, it's a great name) was the focus of attention.

I had my doubt (only the one doubt) we'd reach Top Notch, but the Tiny House bonuses are so powerful. Here he asks his mum if he'll be handsome? (no) will he be rich? (yes, because the sims is an easy game) (and because I'll use money trees decoratively).

Yes, I play like everyone else and dump stuff of the grass. Don't be fooled by the hashtag posh houses. Yes, Escargot did reach Top Notch.

Scarlet went to her detective career, and was promoted to level 9 that Friday. I'll have to play her for a few days more -- maybe when Ariadne is back from university -- to complete that career. Having got so close I need to solve one more case, and unlock the cool desk and computer. Raising Escargot meant I didn't want to go with her to work and solve a case. Big families can get in the way of the GTW careers.

Ariadne had a bad, sad day at school but did get that A. And then she had drama. And then she had volunteering to make up the lost empathy.

Finally she was able to age up. She baked the zombie cake earlier. Her dad needs a drink. She randomly rolled Dog Lover. I almost tried again for another trait, but it's fine. She'll have to have a dog, and maybe live in Brindleton.

She immediately applied to university, sometime after 10pm Friday night. This is crucial, because if she gets her acceptance letter too late, and only enrolls sometime on Sunday, she won't have first classes on Monday.

While Scarlet sleeps, Ariadne drinks immortality. In a thrilling change from the norm, it worked first time.

Saturday morning and the rain set in, and then you really feel how small and awkward the house is.

The only sim missing from this is Ariadne who was at the bathroom mirror practicing debate, making use of the Tiny House bonuses while she has them.

A final look at the tiny house. We'll be back very briefly after uni to complete the detective career, but for now, this is no longer home. Many trips to the letterbox to see if she could enroll later, and many checks on her phone, she was finally able to enroll.

Ariadne is doing Language & Literature at Britechester. After paying for that from household funds, she took a little over 6k simoleons with her to university.

-----

New home lot! Wyvern Hall.

My experience with Aidan and Scarlet being late for class all the time when living in Darkwing House has convinced me the most efficient way to do uni is in Britechester (because no stairs) and in this residence hall.

Ariadne chose a large room with three beds, assigned one to herself, and the others to whoever was in the room. Everyone else is locked out. Her roommates, Terrence Snow and Paige Bruce, might be turned into honorary immortals just because that's really nice. Ariadne. Paige. Terrence. Team APT.

That's Paige in the pink top.

She started a club gathering to take over control of the club and use it for herself and new instant friends.

Dad? Really? See, this is why I need to lead the club.

Then a quick trip to the university store to make the room feel more homey.

She bought a mini-fridge and microwave too, but that's in the tv area. We now have a rug, a flag, a poster, a lamp, a radio, and an easel. The laptop she brought with her from home -- no one else was going to use it. And it's fully upgraded. Thinking of upgrades, she's upgrading the bed. Yes! Okay, using the "rally the troops" she might not need it often, but now your uni sims can sleep properly if you have the handiness.

She's also signed up for e-sports to get the special trait from that, to go with her full course load.

Upgrading showers is another thing to do early. It saves your sim's time, and others will shower faster too. Here some dear man would like to try out the new Pulsating Massage Jets, but Ariadne is greeting everyone she can see. And... what is hygiene anyway?

Oh, she also bought the Britechester apparel. So I had to go to CAS to give her some more uni-flavoured outfits. And no doubt we'll see that at some point. This is unrelated, this is her formal outfit.

She's channeling the bargain Greek goddess thing. And she says you can't judge her, because how long did her mother wear that silly red Winterfest "I'm a Father Winter's kid" dress? Yeah. And she's more self absorbed than her mother. So.

Mother and daughter, happy and sad.

The story here is that I wished I had remembered to bring that portable shower with. It just sits on the lawn here. With the limited cheats I know, I wasn't able to get it. And ended up using the freebuild cheat at the Wyvern Hall.

While we're here, this is the desk and chair from level 9 of the detective career and some other decorative bits.

First class of Ariadne's university life starts now:

You know you're doing it right when already there are 4 piles of rubbish, and one of the inmates seems to be a slob. Yes. Fun times ahead. I have set one of the club activities to "clean". I'm not sure how successful that'll be. If Ariadne can work on her magic and learn scruberoo it'll help.

Finally, this is a curiosity I can't explain.

He's a ghost. An adult ghost. Adult. Ghost. Did I accidentally kill more sims I'm not aware of? Daichi Shimizu? Surely he's not a premade? I know about Felix Psyded at Britechester. I hope to meet him. He's a potential dynasty spouse if he turns up. Oh, we must totally visit dear ghostly Cameron Fletcher!
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2020, 02:33:51 PM »
From the last time I sent a sim through Uni, I do remember there being 2 ghosts that wander the campus.  Felix, and someone whose name I don't remember, but might very well be the same guy you're seeing.  I'm quite sure I didn't kill anyone before uni, so he must be premade.  I DID kill someone during uni, Vlad was a student.  Again.  He had a mysterious run-in with some Selvadoradan lightning bugs, twice.  That's a cc spell you can get.

Good luck with e-sports.  I found it was TREMENDOUSLY time consuming, my sim lived on plentiful needs potions until I figured out how to drop out.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2020, 09:17:29 PM »
Offhand, I don't remember any of my sims ever wearing that sweater+scarf top, haha.
Good job on raising Ariadne so splendidly and maxing Escargot's toddler skills before Ariadne's departure.

Once a sim gets their college acceptance letter, must they move, if they'll be living on campus, and enroll asap?
Or can they hang onto the acceptance letter and wait until Sunday or Monday rolls around?

Dennis Kim biked into her dorm room? Ugh, I hate bikes so far!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2020, 05:30:31 AM »
@oshizu Agree on the bikes. I don't use them. The drawbacks are too big. Can't sims know to not ride them indoors? If uni sims need a fun boost, shower woohoo is a simpler way to solve that. The Sims is a needs management game ultimately, and I don't see why I'd ever want the bike. Especially with the dorms Ariadne is in. They're the closest to class, and if she walks there early she's always on time. At Foxyburger the dorms are further from class, but bikes are flummoxed by stairs, so what's the point? I don't remember students biking around campus when I was at uni. We just walked everywhere. Strangely, could not put a bike in a backpack or my pocket! Disappointed!

I think acceptance letters are valid for a week, but starting uni is just like starting school or a new career. If you age up a sim Monday evening, they don't throw you straight into school the next morning because you haven't had time to do homework. If you enroll at uni Sunday evening, the term will start on Tuesday... and that would grate my nerves.

@Brian_Z That's a fascinating story with Vlad and the cc spells. I'm too intrigued. I've wondered what cc spells are out there.

Yeah, I've done e-sports once before with the Father Winter's Alien because I was stacking as many traits as I could. And it was time consuming. I think it's worse than the football team. For the current term, all classes are 8 am and 11am. So for now it's manageable. Ariadne got all homework done for her first 4 classes, and two draft essays done, before term started. The academic aspiration can also be a pain complete when in sports / e-sports.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2020, 09:15:28 AM »
Oooh, teach, O Big Grasshopper, about the reward trait from the esport gamer club!

Wow, Ariadne got so much done before her first term even started!
Is that the kind of student Heart Foam used to be? I confess I often finished a draft of a final essay during spring break....

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2020, 10:11:56 AM »
lol. I've always been reasonably academic... um... but that seldom translated into studiousness. Essays were done at deadlines. And I was intimidated by the library, so I never set foot inside there. In my high school we never once wrote proper essays or exams, and I was hopelessly out of my depth (or I felt it) at university. 

I played one slacker already and that's enough! And he was really into juice, and got a mixology certificate. So I could balance his party lifestyle with that. But that can only be done once. The goal with Ariadne is a full set of A+ grades. That keeps my brain engaged. She's made some friends. She'll be fine.

I think I learned about the e-sport trait in a Carl video for how fast it raises fun. And knowing it's there, it seems like a supersim ought to have it. Can I ever send a sim to university and not do e-sports, knowing about the seasoned gamer trait? It's effort, but it's... there... tempting me. When Aidan and Scarlet were at uni I didn't know about it yet.

--Sim must be level 4 (Captain) in the E-sports competitor career.   

"As an elite gamer, (Sim) has more fun when playing video games, is more likely to win tournaments, and benefits from increased performance within the E-Sports activity."

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2020, 01:14:06 AM »
About the bikes-- Make sure you don't have one in your inventory if you visit Selvadorada!  My sim kept getting stuck in a loop every time I tried to send her through one of the arches.  Get on, get off, put it away, get it out, get on...  I ended up using a debug cheat to destroy the bike.

anything