Author Topic: Heart Foam's Collection of Miscellaneous Housing  (Read 8047 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Heart Foam's Collection of Miscellaneous Housing
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2021, 12:57:45 PM »
The Landgraab save above is one that I've never really let go -- it's My Save Game 2, circa 2014 -- and lately I remodeled the back garden. (It's interesting to see the old pictures though, and how chuffed I was. I like the idea of the breakfast room, and the sunny windows, but the floorplan was a mess and the rooms were cramped, and in the end I ditched those romantic garden windows.

These are in chronological order. There have been many intermediate steps of both the house and the garden. (And a few more generations too have lived here. The Landgraab name has been bred back into the current family, via my first ever sims 4 child, Amanda, daughter of Nancy.) The current state of the house is the one with the purple tree and the quaint fence around the koi pond, because health and safety.

This is almost nostalgic. I had the back like this for ages, and I liked it. The fountain is exactly over the rocket bunker, for whenever that's needed. But it's too fussy, too busy, and not having doors directly from the library to the garden makes no sense.

We've had weddings in the rain -- that's Olive Tinker.

We've had school projects upstairs.

We've completed both Jungle Adventure collections.

We've had many perfectly raised kids.

We've got Zach Ward, Judith's son, part of the family tree.

And signed autographs for tourists.

Someone was a space baddie and built the fun rocket where the fountain was / is, because I was too lazy to delete the roof and use the bunker below (which in my defense is being used for science, and the invention constructor just looks cool, so it can stay).

Like I said, it looks cool.

The major triumph here is moving doors to the back of the house. Maybe it's not the best angle. And the white DU pillars! It's now a strong palladian focal point. That façade has defeated me for a long time, but I really like it now. The garden was neatened up a bit too.

At this point it was experimentally plopped on a different 50x50.

It looks so good. So much better than Oasis Springs, so I'm torn. And it snows there too! It's gorgeous in the snow! But my original family, my oldest save can't just up and leave. Upgrading all the appliances would take a long time too.

The latest update is adding garden pavilions and colour, and fewer cypress trees. They're raised platforms, stone floor. I'm not sure the spike on top should be black or not. Thoughts? In one there's a drinks tray for iced tea if a sim so desires. Personally, iced tea is not for me.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »
Wow, what a place!  When I do a house, I don't really get into it, and I just want to get back to the gameplay.  So seeing a build like this just amazes me.

As for upgrading everything, if you place it somewhere else:  A spellcaster, plus LittleMsSam's Improved Practical Spells, including the optional spell Upgradios.  One wave of your wand, and an item is fully upgraded.  If the household doesn't include a spellcaster, it's okay- you can Upgradios stuff that isn't yours, so you can visit with a spellcaster and magically upgrade everything for them.  Just make sure the spellcaster has all the charge-reducing talents, because they'll be casting a LOT, and you'll still need to watch that meter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2021, 03:04:56 PM »
Good suggestion with upgradio. thanks. I like doing Nerd Brain for the Handy trait, but that's only 1 use every 24h.

I get into the building part when I can see a glaring issue and know how I want to improve it. If I can see a glaring issue and have no idea what to do... it gets ignored! For a long time the kitchen in this house bothered me. Now it has that Z-shape counter, but I kinda like it. It's more coherent than it was. It's only taken 9 generations to make more of an effort. There's a truly hideous narrow double volume bathroom with walls that don't even match. If you look at the last picture, it's in that corner tower. I shudder to think how long it's been like that. At some point I check out of building and need to get back to live mode. And note the random cheap toilet in a hallway next to the pool. I forgot about that. Good times. It's a dangerous toilet, because it's the only one with the composting upgrade.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
Lol @ the random toilet with composting container!  Thankfully, LittleMsSam isn't a fan of exploding toilets either, so the either/or choice for water recycler or composting container chooses the water recycler.  If one were to actually want the composter, they could upgrade that manually first.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2021, 07:20:16 AM »
I put this brown house on the gallery yesterday. id: the_mikado

A while ago I rebuilt it, basegame only, without any of the stuff unlocked. But now the full fat version is there alongside. Nothing shortcuts gameplay like the gallery.

Exit Bunthorne.