Author Topic: Free Build  (Read 2688 times)

Offline shazie2002

• Nooboo
Free Build
« on: October 02, 2019, 05:53:49 AM »
Question, Even though I typed enable Free Build, it only allowed me to modify/build the Magic HQ but doesn't allow me to access the gallery to use other fellow builds. Is there a bug or Im not doing it right?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Free Build
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 08:43:12 PM »
Welcome @shazie2002 I am going to try to recreate your issue in my game. I will get back with you with on my results and if I too have the issue, I will post a work around if I find one.

Some things you may try in the meantime are go to your sims 4 folder and erase localthumbcache, remove your mod folder from your sim 4 folder and place it on your desktop, and repair the game in origin. Doing this step fixes tons of issues. Be back to report what I find.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 09:08:35 PM »
I unfortunately wasn't able to recreate the issue you speak of. I will step by step tell you what I did to see if they match what you did.

Step one is I went to the Magic HQ.

Step two is I I pressed Control + Shift + C to toggle the console on. Then I entered "testingcheats on"

You get a notice if you did it right.

Step three I entered "bb.enablefreebuild"

Again it let me know that I entered it right.

Step four was I entered build mode, clicked on the Gallery, chose lots, chose 50x40 (the lots size). searched for Magic Headquarters, chose a lot, clicked yes when it warned me it would replace the old lot and I could not undo it. And it was done.

I am sorry if I wasn't of help. I could not reproduce your issue. Try what I told you in my first post. If that don't work you may need a factory reset. I wish I could be of more help.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

Offline shazie2002

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 07:03:45 AM »
Thank you very much. I am a computer dummy. Your step by step approach is really wonderful. Im gonna try the factory reset option. May be thats the issue?  Hopefully. Thanks again.

anything