Author Topic: Always Time for Tea Last Post 10/15 Team please send to the graveyard  (Read 13973 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Always Time for Tea
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 07:34:38 AM »
Good luck with your tea time here. Will be following :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 11:55:36 AM »
Love the theme and love all the facts ^^ I enjoy tea quite a lot.  In summer, I tend to drink a lot of coffee, but as soon as the weather turns, my kettle is on every day, often multiple times. It's only been in the last couple years that I've been able to make proper tea (with tea leaves rather than a teabag XD).

Anyway, can't wait to see how Darjeeling continues. Love her outfits!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 02:40:37 PM »
Good luck with your tea time here. Will be following :)

Thank you LenaJ.  I've never finished an ID yet so let's hope this one is the charm!

Love the theme and love all the facts ^^ I enjoy tea quite a lot.  In summer, I tend to drink a lot of coffee, but as soon as the weather turns, my kettle is on every day, often multiple times. It's only been in the last couple years that I've been able to make proper tea (with tea leaves rather than a teabag XD).

Anyway, can't wait to see how Darjeeling continues. Love her outfits!
Thank you Shewolf.  I really do love tea, even ones in tea bags, and things like tisanes, (herbal usually with flowers in).  I'm not sure I can say the same about coffee.  I'm a bit of a coffee snob.  The only one I like black is espresso so all others have to cream, (lots of it!), and sugar.  Do like a good iced coffee though!  Tea actually has as much or even more caffeine in than coffee does but it is somehow different.  It gives you the energy/focus coffee does, but slowly for many hours where with coffee it's instant buzz that quickly fades so your body wants more.  The caffeine in tea is also offset by L-theanine which gives you a mental, mellowed out yet focused feeling for hours.  Some teas have more, some less.  It's that relaxed, comforted feeling you get on a cold day and a hot cup!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 11:19:51 AM »
Due to the loving ministrations of either my cat or one of the dogs, my internet was disconnected, ergo, lack of updates.  I'm in a wheel chair and couldn't get back to where the connection was unplugged, and no one here to fix it till my roommate finally had time and could help.  Phew!  I can't imagine I had gotten it all nicely begun and all I could do was play trial runs.  Well, short but sweet here is the next addition with more to come.

Chapter 2 Getting to Know You

Well, here I am!  I'm finally making somewhat of a start in this new life.  Oh, I have such big plans.  One of the first things that happened was I met, and I use the term loosely, this "person".  After a brief chit chat I was informed that much of what has happened, (except for the death etc.  which she claims she had no part in), was because I was chosen.  Chosen by.......well, who knows who really, I think a Carl was mentioned and a ten year anniversary.  In any case I'm chosen to start a line of descendants of ten who all have ten things to do in a bunch of categories and I'm to start it all off.  She calls herself a Watcher, or Watchett, or Voice, whatever, and will be guiding me, helping out from time to time and preparing space and things for the future generations.  Well, we'll see.  I don't know if we'll actually talk from time to time but I'm just to keep you all updated on how things are going.  A journal, maybe?  The first things she did was show me this place I've not been to yet called Magnolia Promenade.  I guess it's for the future generations as she was kind of sad telling me about it.  She had pictures which she said I could share so, here goes.....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

This place is called Paddywack's Emporium, and if you are familiar with it you can see some changes have been made.  The old tables and signs have been replaced with newer, brighter ones.

This is the inside of Paddywacks, once known for it's toys and chotchkis, it is now known for it's espresso and tea bar, fine pastries, as well as all those toys and things.  I wonder why I would have coffee in what should be a tea room?

This is the outside of the rear of the "store" showing the stairway up to, what I think is the most important part!

The outside of the upstairs level.  Rather charming I think.

And now the important part, the actual bakery itself!  As you enter you find a very small room with cooler displays for our delicious baked goods, from bread to pastries.  The tiled walls and floors was independently created for us and all are custom made.  As you pass into the larger room you see the workings of the bakery itself and, of course, rest rooms.  Please not facilities were placed for our tiniest nooboo friends.
     She wanted me to mention that no walls were moved or altered in anyway other than decorative paint and paper.  It's sad that I may not ever see this.  Apparently it is for a future heir who may be a baker!  Ah well, as long as there is tea to be had one does want a bit of treat to go with.  Right?  "Cookies" and things.  (Although why "cookies" and not "biscuits" I'll never know.)

Now back to me.  It was my first week there and I must admit my "tea plantation" is leaving a bit much to be desired.  While Mum and Dad had left me with a small fortune it was indeed, too small to do much with it.  In order to start my "career" I'd need a place to sleep, be able to eat, and use the loo.  I bought a tent for sleeping and a marvelous chest which contained ample supplies of food.  The food may be somewhat limited but it keeps the tummy content and the energy up, so even though I'll miss my tea for awhile, it will do. 

Here is my "plantation"!  Well planted and ready to grow.  A bit sparse, but it IS only the first week!

I decided to bite the bullet and spend a bit more of my cash reserves.  I needed more things to plant or I'd never make it.

After hearing natures' call, I ran over to the little park I'd discovered when I first arrived.  After using the facilities I noticed a nice woman in a kiosk.  So I went over and introduced myself.  Come to find out she was a lovely girl with a lot of interesting traits.  She introduced me to the concept of cloud gazing! It seems this is a common practice among the folk here when making friends.  You lie on the grass and stare at clouds, comparing them with each other.  Interesting, but more to the point, Eva and I became good friends!

Making friends was so easy!  Before I left the park, (I was getting a wee bit tired), I had managed to meet five people, including this charming young boy who was actively playing on the jungle gym.

The next day after doing my morning chores I got the news there was a festival in a place called San Mishuno, in the Artists Quarter.  It was the "Hijinks'...something or other.  Sounded like fun and a good place to meet my quota of people to meet so off I went.  Was it ever fun!  I met ten people, not all of them friends yet, and filled a goal in something called an Aspiration.  Much more to go if I wanted to complete this one!  I drank the Jokestars drink and, voila!  We won!  I received $500, a microphone and a lot of fireworks,  just like these:

Later on, after most of the people had gone home, I met my friend Eva again.  What luck!!  She was selling produce!  I bought so many things I knew my little plantation would soon be rolling right along.  What a busy day.

Actually, what a busy week!  My first week in this new world and I had made two good friends, starting learning gardening, cooking, painting and more.  I'd earned $500 plus cash from sales of fireworks and things I had gathered at the festival, (posters and all), and even some cash from my little recycling trash bin back "home".  Unfortunately, it did not register as money earned but it sure did  fill up that empty bank account a bit!  Maybe I can actually get some walls up and buy a flower arranging station so I can start my unique skill.  One can hope.  In the meantime, it's tea time!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2019, 11:42:28 AM »
What a marvelous tea-themed makeover for Paddywhack's!
Has Darjeeling started out on the Rippling Flat lot?
Odd that her earned income isn't registering. I have noticed that, unlike last year, aspiration progress does take a little time to register with the game not PAUSEd.
Best wishes to Darjeeling and her dynastic journey!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Always Time for Tea Update 9/8
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 12:07:29 PM »
Thank you oshizu!  Yes, she's on the Rippling Flats lot.  So perfect because of the park next door, not to mention harvestables, fishing and collecting items.  I placed restaurants, bowling, spa, massage and yoga, a cafe, Romantic Garden and that water thing, (lots of pools) and a diner.  May have to remove the water thing because isn't there one in Windenmere/Windenberg?  Can never remember the name!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »
I love gardening in the game. My Sims always have a garden and with the new Gardener career, it's even better! Will Darjeeling be doing flower arrangements? They can be very lucrative. It looks like you're off to a great start.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 06:04:17 PM »
I love everything about this!
The tea theme, the founder's name, the facts (so I don't feel bad for spending so much time reading stories, see, I'm learning something)
My favorite tea is Oolong. A friend visited China and brought me Oolong that was so amazing, drinking it felt like a spiritual experience.
(I reused those leaves many, many times lol)
Assam with milk and a little sugar is as comforting as a hug.
I also like herbal brews, and grow many herbs on my balcony.
Lemongrass, mint and lemon verbena soothe the stomach and feel refreshing even in summer.
Lavender soothes the soul and smells like lying on a meadow.

Darjeeling's comments about cloud gazing are cracking me up. I never really considered what a weird social interaction it is :o
I like her voice and will miss her in future generations. That's the main reason I don't play legacies/dynasties: I get too attached to the founders
Best of luck to you!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 02:19:50 AM »
@reggikko :  Yes, her unique skill is Flower Arranging.  Good thing as it is the career as well!  So far all she has done with so little money is plant, harvest and collect so no arranging done at this point.  Week three and not much done in my opinion!

@mousef :  Ahhh, another tea lover!  Good to hear from you.  As a child my tea came from a Lipton's tea bag or a hot cup of oolong in a Chinese restaurant, few and far between those were!  Then, as a teen my British stepmother taught me about tea by taking me to Fortnam and Mason's for a high tea.  I was in heaven!!!  The first time I ever tasted Earl Grey and it was love at the first sip.  Her tea at home was Typhoo Tea which she showed me the right way to brew.  Always hot the pot, as she would say, and cream in the cup first, if you're taking it with milk or cream.  Can't do that with a tea bag in a cup!
   I also love oolong, which I'm really discovering now.  A few days ago I had one called GABA oolong.  Very vegetal with the tea being such a pale yellow color I could have sworn it wasn't brewed right.  Of course, it's meant to be that color.  So delecate.  The GABA is for a long name and basically it has the effect of putting you to sleep, and it really does.  This insomniac slept like a baby all night and no dreams.  Not a tea for casual sipping but so good for you. Darjeeling or one of her heirs will be talking more about oolong and others like Asam, keemun, etc.  Glad you've enjoyed her journey so far.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 11:37:42 AM »
I reach for my cup of tea,  and contemplate the doings of the past three, or four weeks.  The wonderful soothing aroma of chocolate and mint rises from the cup like a blessing, full of hopes dreams and wonder.  Who knew something as delightful as a cup of tea could be so sweet and delicious.  Chocolate and mint?  Aaah, this new world has so much more for me in it, and I can only thank the things of the past who brought me to this place.
   Newcrest might not have seemed such a wonderful place for me.  Perhaps Uncle Cicero knew how empty it might seem, and the harm he wished upon me was part of his seeing it was the place I would go.  Certainly my little plot of land was, at first, completely empty.  But I had the courage of my dear parents to bolster my faith and I KNEW, without any shadow of doubt, all things would work out to the good.  How he would laugh, in that deep, sinister, smarmy, way he had if he could see it now!

Yes, that's me sitting on a lonely spot eating some cold yogurt, with nothing to keep me sheltered but a tent.  Hah!  What he didn't know was all the times my family and I would go into the wilderness with only such a shelter to keep us from the elements, and how we learned to love the outdoors!  I can just smile at my beautiful, cozy, little tent and my cooler of food and almost wish I wasn't quite so gleeful at the consternation he would have felt.
    Breakfast done, my "Watcher", or, as I like to call her, my "GA=Guardian Angel", urges me to get a move on!  "Times a wasting", she said, with the hidden message that I was the one wasting it.  Knowing I had things to accomplish, I began with a full heart, singing all the while I tended to the daily chores.  First the water, then weed, and then, plant whatever I had available. By now I'd ordered some top notch seeds from the best tea plantations all over the world.  I can only hope they will prove fruitful.  Meanwhile, there is the need to supply myself with fresh food, and that meant fruits and vegetables needed planting, and while we're at it, why not some flowers?  I know I could earn some money doing flower arranging as I had done back home.  All I needed was for them to grow.
   I worked really hard that first week and by the end of it my "bestie", Eva was ready to show me her skills at fishing!  A nice, broiled fish dinner would surely sit well, providing I could spare some from using them for fertilizer!  Here's a few shots that GA took of us.

We were fishing in the local river that ran by, feeding the lovely lake I could see behind me.  I was so intent on my catch!

Well, my "big one" got away this time but Eva was delighted in what was going to be bass for her dinner.

Not to be discouraged,  I caught a fish too.  Ok, maybe only a little one, but definitely encouraging and definitely can be eaten.
     We were both getting pretty worn out, and Eva had to work the next day so we finally called it a night.  I ambled off to the loo, conveniently next door, and then off to my tent.  The next few days were going to be tough, a lot of "rinse and repeat", but eventually, by dint of my hard work and luck, by the end of the second week I had made a home of my own.  Modest, but all mine!
    As you know, I had attended the Hi-jinks festival, but also went to the flea market and found a lamp.  Cheap was the way to go for me!  I used my earnings from the festival and things I had sold from gathering and, voila!......

Yes!  I am living in my green house!  Hey, if it's good enough to shelter my beautiful plants and make them grow, why it's good enough for me.  I can wake up every morning and smell the green, growing things and be full of joy.  A quick trip to my "el cheapo" stove to cook up some grilled cheese sandwiches, brew a wonderful cup of tea, (mornings often call for Earl Grey, hot), and marvel at my "pantry" someone carefully custom built for me.  Note I did not go cheap on my flower arranging bench or bee hive.  I can just taste that honey now!  Oh, and please notice my collection of snow globes I found roaming around San Mishuno Meadows!  Whether or not this collection will be part of my requirements has yet to be seen.  I just may want to keep them!
   Tea time is temporarily over.  Time to get back to work. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Always Time for Tea Update 9/10
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »
Oh, I see you go the shelter-the-entire-garden route!
That certainly saves Darjeeling from being caught off-guard when the season changes.

I see Darjeeling's home has windows already.
It's fun to note each other's priorities when starting a new household. :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 04:51:45 PM »
I have a strong aversion to the results of Seasons.  I know they can't make it more like it really is, with spring starting with little green things popping up and growing, and fall with green things just "going away" to sleep till spring.  It's all the brownish, depressing, mess of the in between that makes me really hate it.  I don't mind bare stems of winter, the dark branches are offset by the beauty of the snow, it's just that everything is so grim looking for most of the year, and it really isn't like that so much in rl.  In my trial run I just had an overhead shelter and I couldn't stand the puny and creepy, half rotten look of the plants.  Soooo, I covered them all.  It's so bad I often "landscape" with house plants, rocks and evergreens to avoid the sad looking plants when seasons turn.  All the work of landscaping to have it grow ugly!  Then is was, well why not make it my home?  I usually just put the garden in the basement of my house but I rather like the idea of living in a greenhouse.
  Of course, having as many windows as I could afford, meant there had to be sacrifices elsewhere, and yet provide for needs.  Thankfully I have a lot of cc so that big chest, "larder", is a refrigerator which, when you first open the door you see hanging meat and such. Pretty funny actually.  It costs less than $100 as does the "peasants picnic table", and many other things.  My counters are the used ones as is the stove, (because I forgot there is also a cool stove in my cc) and lighting is limited but adequate.  The bed is actually a better bang for the buck than a double at the same price.  All things open to change in the future of course!  So her priorities, given normal life span etc., were her garden and skill.  Heirs won't have the same needs   Oh, one tip which I got from you, actually.  Get everything portable that you can!! If it fits in your personal inventory it can go with so need to rebuy!  Gives your heirs a bit of an advantage.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 04:58:16 PM »
I do like to buy my founder/heirs the portable stuff at first: small tent, cooler, and shower.

When moving out, though, I thought an heir can take with them only "any career reward items that fit into their personal inventory."

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 05:08:20 PM »
I do like to buy my founder/heirs the portable stuff at first: small tent, cooler, and shower.

When moving out, though, I thought an heir can take with them only "any career reward items that fit into their personal inventory."

Additionally, it can only be a career reward that they personally earned.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »
Well, darn and drat!  I was hoping it could be anything you could fit in the inventory.  Sigh.  I know things like your rewards the founder earns, like that romantic bucket had to stay.  Hmm, better plan a head a bit better.
   I almost forgot to list her stats, although they are in a "reserved" post.  By end of week 3 she had earned over 5 K from gathering and selling, and the bonus of the Hi-jinx win, had three good friends, two of which were non-human, (one was almost a spouse!), had filled three of the easy whims, (4th one was at week 5), and had 3,280 satisfaction points with level 4 gardening and 0 floral arranging skill!  Yikes.  She'd better get busy!

----------
My No Buy Story

anything