Author Topic: Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana  (Read 109729 times)

Online scoed

• Watcher
Re: Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:47 PM »
I have saved the trait on a sim in my library successfully so I believe it will work for you as well.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2019, 05:45:00 AM »
Okay, so I tried to use the 'summon Sulani elementals' three times. One time, nothing at all happened (but the ability went on cooldown) and the other two times the 'event' started but no elemental appeared. No idea if there's a bug or if it's a mod conflict but then I just opened the gallery, typed 'sulani mana' into the search field, and it found a few sims so if I don't make it work the normal way I can just populate the world through this.

Now, wondering if there will be Sulani mana + Spellcaster hybrids in the gallery after RoM launches...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2019, 09:11:39 AM »
@TomasGrizzly I've not had the "summon elementals" fail on me, if that's useful feedback to help you narrow down your bug.

Also been wondering about that. Sulani Mana is just a trait, so that can pass on to any sim of any lifestate. How easy creating a sim with both will depend on the exact mechanics of Magical Bloodline.

-----

I've guessed that we might be able to create a 100% alien with the Sulani Mana trait if a male sim with the trait gets pregnant by abduction. But I haven't tried it, or searched to see if anyone else has.

The whole plan would be:

1. Have male sim in the household with Sulani Mana - by moving in an elemental or raising a sim from birth.
2. Pursue science, do everything to increase abduction chance (I know how to do it, it's how I got Vlad pregnant - it was the only way, no woman was ever going to touch him)
3. Make sure his child is female. She will be 100% alien, with Sulani Mana, hopefully.
4. When she's grown up, she learns all the magic.
5. Then, only when she can pass on the Magical Bloodline trait, she has a child with Father Winter in the Brindleton Bay lighthouse (though that was buggy last I tried): 50% alien, born with 4 special traits.

I'm personally not that excited for witches and bats, but the strategy of breeding in these different traits is what I like planning for.

Here's a quote from SimGuruNinja on August 23, on the official forums:

"Your parents' spellcasting abilities (and THEIR magic lineage) will factor into a Bloodline trait passed to their children. This trait will provide an advantage to spellcasters (and there are various levels of strength to it)."

So for the purpose of children, I reckon if both parents are spellcasters, you'll get a stronger trait than if only one is. So if the father is Father Winter, for example, you might get more traits, but the Magical Bloodline trait will be weaker because of only one spellcaster parent. That's my understanding.

1. Get Sulani Mana into the family
2. From there, just marry spellcasters
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2019, 09:22:24 AM »
You can add it to any sim with cheats if needed.

trait.equip_trait Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental

I haven't had that issue you are having, @TomasGrizzly. But if there is an active cultural activity it will not work. Hope the info helps.

And yes any lifestate can have the trait. Hope that helps you @Heart Foam

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2019, 09:25:31 AM »
:) Appreciated. I still have to get the dear man abducted though.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2019, 07:49:12 PM »
After the latest patch (1.55.105.1020) I can't get the interaction Ask to Move In to show up for Elementals.
I'm wondering if it was patched out.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 07:53:35 PM »
After the latest patch (1.55.105.1020) I can't get the interaction Ask to Move In to show up for Elementals.
I'm wondering if it was patched out.

It was not patched out. It is still there. I just asked one to move in for my Power of 10 Dynasty. You do have to have a very high friendship level.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2019, 08:15:11 PM »
It was not patched out. It is still there. I just asked one to move in for my Power of 10 Dynasty. You do have to have a very high friendship level.

Thank you for letting me know! The friendship bar was full, but I did recently install some new IL related mods that might have messed up that option.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 05:01:54 AM »
Recently I didn't get the "move in" option either (it might have been pre-1.55) but the social event of summoning the elementals had finished. The friendship bar was full. I had deliberately kept the elemental on the lot after the social event finished to raise the bar. When it was full, I could only "invite to join household", and had the ghost / ambrosia thing to deal with.

Until that experience, all the elementals I had moved in were asked to "move in" during the summoning event. I'm wondering if that's the difference. I don't know. I can't think of any other difference.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 07:26:47 AM »
It actually took a couple of summoning the elemental, but it is still there. They have not removed it.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 08:54:34 AM »
Was there any change to this? I can't get the cheat to add the trait to work just for Sulani Mana (using the syntax a few posts above) but adding any other trait as they are in the trait cheats section works. I am running without mods (just patched) so that should not be an issue...

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2019, 03:43:26 AM »
On a related alien + Sulani Mana baby breeding note...

that man:

had that baby:

Cleo (or Cleopatra?) is happily alien. As a toddler she's Very Blue, pointy ears, all alien and has Sulani Mana. So the next gen could be 50% alien + weak magical bloodline + sulani mana.

As of the current patch, the cheat works.

traits.equip_trait Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental

some google results have it as...

traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2019, 02:23:19 AM »
I've got it to work, I just googled all possible version of the cheat syntax and tried them all until it worked.
It was the longest one, ofc.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2019, 06:03:54 PM »
@TomasGrizzly  the reason this cheat works traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_IslandAncestor_Elemental is because:

The first part traits.equip_trait is the bit that orders a trait to be equipped.

Then the second part explains which trait in particular, so you can equip any trait cheat by using that first part. i.e. 'traits.equip_trait trait_hidden_likes_fruitcake' or 'traits.equip_trait AlwaysWelcome' and so on. The difference is hidden traits have "trait_hidden_" before the name of the trait you want to add.

traits.remove_trait  will remove any trait that follows that first part so 'traits.remove_trait evil' for example.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2020, 12:53:30 AM »
So I was over on the guides page, and someone in the comments mentioned you can get Sulani Mana as an adult, although it takes a long time.  And then he didn't elaborate.  Has anyone heard of this?  HOW?  It would be awesome to introduce the trait into your family tree, without introducing random generated townie genes too.