Author Topic: Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana  (Read 109721 times)

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana
« on: July 16, 2019, 11:04:10 AM »
I know some of you also like making super sims, stacked with every possible hidden and reward trait ;)

From the SimsVIP Island Living guide:
Elementals and offspring to Elementals have the inherited Sulani Mana trait. This trait allows them to use their elemental energy to increase the quality of plants and summon Volcanic Bombs.
Offspring, you say?  8)

The trait, as described, gives the ability to increase plant quality by a full stage at a time as well as summon the same volcanic bombs as a volcano eruption, which can cause fires while hot and be broken to find metals and crystals when cold. The abilities have a long cooldown, which seems to be approximately 18 sim hours.

In order to get a child with this trait, you need a sim with the trait Child of the Islands to Summon Island Elementals. The elementals are randomly generated ghosts and you can befriend them normally even if they give you a bad judgement. If you invite them to your household they will lose their status as Island Elemental, but retain their Sulani Mana trait.

Be aware that 1) you cannot propose to a ghost not in your household, 2) in order to invite a ghost to move in you need very high friendship, almost a full bar and 3) you cannot invite the ghost to move in while the social event Communing with Sulani Elementals is ongoing.

After the ghost is part of the household, it can be resuscitated with Ambrosia (no ghost elemental babies, sadly :P) and any offspring will have this interesting trait.

Have fun summoning fireballs!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Hidden Trait: Sulani Mana
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 12:49:15 PM »
Wow. Thank you. That makes things interesting. So, ideally, I want a female Elemental and she can meet Father Winter...
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 03:15:27 PM »
Yes the trait "Island spirit" is much deeper than I thought it was. It leads to the "Sulani Mana" trait in future babies if you do as you say. I too just found this out on my own messing around with  the . Carl should write a guid on this. Calling lava from the sky is fun, and evolving plants quickly can be profitable. "Sulani Mana" is a great trait and it is evolved to earn making it cool as it is earned. So much is simple in this game that it feels like it lacks depth, this was a wonderful surprise. I love things like this.

@mousef thanks for posting about this fun feature. I came here to post about it as I said, I just figured it out myself, just to find you beat me to it.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 04:13:46 PM »
I'm trying this now. Just moved in an Elemental. She's evil + gloomy + glutton with a bad reputation. Nothing a re-traiting potion can't fix, but my goddess-brought-to-life was not a ray of sunshine. 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:49:31 PM »
My sim also had an elemental move in and he had three negative traits and a maxed negative reputation. I know evil was one of the negitive trait but I can't remember the others. I got what I wanted from him a baby and kicked him out. Yes those elementals don't seem to be great if yours was a loser too, @Heart Foam.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 03:30:56 AM »
"Sulani Mana" is a great trait and it is evolved to earn making it cool as it is earned. So much is simple in this game that it feels like it lacks depth, this was a wonderful surprise.
I completely agree. I never really make Ambrosia, so this provided an incentive. The whole process was fun and the trait, while quite useful, is not too OP due to the long cooldown.

My Elemental had a great reputation and positive traits (Dance Machine, Dog Lover and one I forget). Quite good looking too once resurrected. Interesting to know they can be god or evil spirits, I like this.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2019, 01:38:14 PM »
Not to be a downer, but anyone doing a ID challenge will probably find this will be banned.  Sounds too good to be true.  @sdhoey what does the team say about this one?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
joria, I have not enough thought about it. I will look at it later. Can't any different then the bonus traits that come from the family aspirations. But we will look into it. Trust me. I have some other things to look into also.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 07:16:15 PM »
Snip.... Carl should write a guide on this.    ...Snip

We did briefly talk about this but then got side tracked with other things... I've brought this back to Carls attention though. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 02:52:51 AM »
I watched a video on the Sulani Elementals and some of the stuff they can do is very cool, definitely something I can see myself having a lot of fun with in the future.  8)

Does anyone know if the lava fireballs you can summon from the sky can kill Sims, can they squash a Sim like the meteorites could in Sims 3? Do they start fires?  If so, this might be more fun that I imagined. *Evil laughter*  :P

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 06:40:21 PM »
They can only kill sims if a sim is dumb enough to touch one while hot. Lava balls can also start fires IF one lands near something combustible and then only rarely, or if a sim is dumb enough to touch it while hot. Yes fire is how it kilis stupid sims. I have seen over 40 lava balls fall an it started a fire exactly once other than the case I made a sim touch one to get a ghost to collect it.

Yes I collect sim ghosts, one for each way to die. I am evil I know but a man has o have hobbies. I am too poor for real collectibles so I am collecting ghosts in The Sims 4.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2019, 01:06:17 PM »
Just to add something I noticed later (@Heart Foam already pointed it out on his Sims Eugenics II thread)

There are two options to ask the Elemental to join your household:
Invite to join Household (or something similar, memory fails me) makes the Elemental spin and sparkle like it's aging up and join your family on the spot, still in ghost form.
Ask to move in (the option normally used for regular sims) opens up the "Household merge and split" screen and the Elemental will be in human form, but still retaining the Sulani Mana trait.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »
Thanks for the tag. I didn't realize there was any other way, so that clears up my confusion.

Exit Bunthorne.

Online scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
Carl put up a video guide:

How To: Sulani Mana Hidden Traits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrH0173sIc

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 03:05:37 PM »
Will the hidden trait carry over when a sim is saved to the library (and potentially gallery)?
What I thought about as an evil plan is to make a side-save with the sole purpose of producing an offspring with that trait, playing it to YA, then saving it to the library and importing it to my main save (to be then romanced by the heir of the main save) - would this work?