Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2019  (Read 23896 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Baby Boomer 2019
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 07:14:15 PM »
Hi @Krodphresh

You can practice now. When the event goes live on 8/5, you can start your official file. Once you start that, you cannot restart. When you are finished, post your score in this thread. Everyone is on the honor system as far as scoring goes, but the winner will be expected to give a pretty detailed account of how they approached the challenge. You should not delete your official file right away in case there are any questions from the challenge team. That’s basically it. You should also be sure to read the general challenge rules, linked above.

If you have questions that could be considered strategy, you should PM the team. General questions can be asked here. Good luck!

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:44 PM »
Regarding the child sims - how many times can we click the randomizer? Once only?

Also, can any other lot traits be changed besides Private Lot?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »
Regarding the child sims - how many times can we click the randomizer? Once only?

Yeah, because otherwise, you're just searching for a combination you like.

Also, can any other lot traits be changed besides Private Lot?

I do not believe there are lot trait restrictions.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 06:21:01 PM »
Is the mother allowed to take a pregnancy test? When it comes time to give birth, can we click on the bassinet right away or do we have to wait until she gives birth naturally?

Player choice I guess.

What happens if a Sim dies or a child is taken away, do we carry on or is it game over?

Even if the mother would die for some reason, the father could still adopt, so I see no reason to have a player DNF. But, having a child taken away IMO is a fail.

You must choose the Private Dwelling lot trait to prevent abductions, and no moving allowed.

Can we opt to use the satellite dish instead or are we obligated to use that lot trait?

Just use the trait.

Editing my post because I forgot to ask something. :-[ Are we allowed to hire Nannies or Butlers?

Definitely not. I'll edit the rules with a couple of my answers.

[/quote]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2019, 06:13:50 AM »
Added this rule...

Neither of your starting Sims can be moved out.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 12:01:21 AM »
thank god I practiced, this was the hardest challenge I've ever done. starting day is going to be a mess :'D
***Fontaine Legacy [ON HIATUS]***

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 05:28:47 AM »
Posted by: furbyqueen« on: Today at 12:01:21 AM » thank god I practiced, this was the hardest challenge I've ever done. starting day is going to be a mess :'D

I know how you feel @furbyqueen I'm glad I've given myself so much time to practice for this because all of my strategies are falling apart and I'm slowly going insane, rofl.  ::) Is this your first Baby Boomer too? I rarely play with families, so I'm way out of my comfort zone, but boy is this a learning curve! ;)

No more than two adoptions (babies only) allowed per week. Weeks begin on Sundays at 8 a.m.

Can we chose not to adopt or this mandatory?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 07:23:20 AM »
@Rainbow Dash in my case I've been insane for years. You haven't truly experienced Sims until you have 4 toddlers and 2 children running amuc and two parents trying to hide away from the pottyness of it all.

I believe that adopting or not adopting is your choice. Just be sure to keep to the two or less adopted nooboos a week.

I think I did a baby boomer in Sims 3 and went particularly badly at it. I haven't gone too bad this time at the practice, I'm that'll change for the challenge.

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 02:50:04 PM »

I know how you feel @furbyqueen I'm glad I've given myself so much time to practice for this because all of my strategies are falling apart and I'm slowly going insane, rofl.  ::) Is this your first Baby Boomer too? I rarely play with families, so I'm way out of my comfort zone, but boy is this a learning curve! ;)

I like playing with (small) families, but this was hard af. It's my first Baby Boomer so I'm hoping round two goes better :'D

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2019, 11:08:53 PM »
Yay!  Baby boomer's here, again.  I'm gearing up for it now.  I didn't know it had always been a forum challenge.  Happy 10 years Baby Boomer 8).

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2019, 05:02:41 PM »
I trust everyone has carefully considered the most important aspect of this challenge - the naming scheme you are using for your sims.  ;D

I've used a different one for each of the practice runs I've done and will no doubt use another one for the challenge itself. As I've already said, I've been insane for years.

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 09:53:22 PM »
I trust everyone has carefully considered the most important aspect of this challenge - the naming scheme you are using for your sims.  ;D

I've used a different one for each of the practice runs I've done and will no doubt use another one for the challenge itself. As I've already said, I've been insane for years.

XD I always use Sims as an exhaustion method for names I can't give real kids. If I really like a name but don't think I could get away with giving it to an actual child, I give it to a Sim baby and the impulse is fulfilled. That way, when I have my own children, there are only reasonable names left in my mind's pool

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 01:30:44 AM »
For this challenge I scored - oh wait, I haven't finished yet. :P

For a real unfortunate name - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0oUVTJ5HzI - shows the importance of considering surnames as well :)

Offline furbyqueen

• Llama Wrangler
  • doo?
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
I can't do another round...I'm not strong enough :'D

final score of 30, with 4 YA out, 1 YA left, 1 teen, 1 child, and 1 toddler.

god bless the Beach family and their stamina raising all those kids

• Lauren
  • Lyla
  • Leah
  • LucyLyndon Lily
  • Leanne
  • Laney
  • Luna
  • Lorraine (A)
  • Lincoln (C)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 09:00:29 PM »
Well, Bravo's are done! As much as I love doing Baby Boomers, I am glad to have this one done this year. I know I won't stay at the top long.

YA Out       8x5=40
YA In         2x4=08
Teen In      2x3=06
Child In     1x2=02
Toddler In  1x1=01

Total= 57