Author Topic: Sims 4 Island Living and Other EA Play Info  (Read 16525 times)

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
Re: Sims 4 Island Living and Other EA Play Info
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2019, 09:14:55 AM »
Look, I'll be honest. The second I heard 'mermaids' I was going to buy this expansion. The major motivating factor for me buying Sims 3 was Supernatural and the occults so yeah. Can't wait for the next one too.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2019, 05:04:32 PM »
@dontmindme I was the same but the more I learn the more I am fascinated about what we are getting in this pack. It started with the merpeople but I continue to be impressed. Like just a little bit ago I learned you could be stung by a jellyfish. Such small things make me so excited they were included. Also did you know you can die form a shark attack (and evil mermaids) in this pack. It counts sadly as a drowning death, but sharks are cool.

I too am also excited about the next game pack as well. Realm of Magic has beyond stoked and all we really know about it is it has magic and witches are heavily hinted at. I was over whelmed as I watched that livestream. And sold on two of the three packs announced.

Yes everyone I love my occults. I honestly can't remember the last time I played as a regular sim other than to collect a ghost for my death of every kind neighborhood.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2019, 10:32:52 PM »
Tell me what has you excited?
I am excited that I worked out why the outlook profile on my boss's computer didn't like his outlook 365 outlook account and I fixed it up by researching the problem on the internet. Oh wait, that's not Sims related.

I am excited that I've worked out I can download Union Cove and play it even though I don't have Seasons installed. Oh wait, thread's on Sims 4 about Island Living.

I am excited that all of you are excited about the Island Living Expansion Pack for Sims 4 and the livestream for the pack. :) There you go, something I'm excited about in terms of Sims 4. :P

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2019, 12:02:12 AM »
@Deklitch at least that is something. I take it your a Sims 3 player?

There is definitely stuff in Sims 3 Island paradise I wish was in Sims 4 Island Living. But then again the reverse is also true.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2019, 01:14:48 AM »
@scoed yes I am. And I was excited about Sims 4 when the announcement of it came out. I then tried it, my sim died by the end of the first day, next try, he survived into the second day, before dying, third try, he died the second day. I found Sims 4 stressful. As I don't play games to be stressed, I returned to Sims 3.

I've recently tried to play Sims 4 once again. I didn't find it as stressful as previous attempts, for one thing, my sims didn't continuously die on me, but I did find it somewhat stressful and so returned again to Sims 3, where I know I won't be stressed.

I hasten to add I wasn't TRYING to kill my sim/s. They kept on dying on me. :(

I do like the greater control over sim creation that Sims 4 gives me. When I need to get a picture of (or show others) what a character I'm writing looks like, I hop into Sims 4 and create them and do them as a print screen for myself and the other people, but I've stopped buying fresh Sims 4 content. That would change if they ever came out with Sims 4 packs devoted to futuristic and/or fantasy/ancient history clothing/objects.

Island Paradise was my least favourite expansion pack for Sims 3. However, as I said previously, I hope the Sims 4 Island Living pack brings enjoyment and excitement to people.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2019, 02:33:00 AM »
I then tried it, my sim died by the end of the first day, next try, he survived into the second day, before dying, third try, he died the second day. I found Sims 4 stressful. As I don't play games to be stressed, I returned to Sims 3.

I've recently tried to play Sims 4 once again. I didn't find it as stressful as previous attempts, for one thing, my sims didn't continuously die on me, but I did find it somewhat stressful and so returned again to Sims 3, where I know I won't be stressed.

How? I mean, I am at the sixth generation and the only way my sims had died in TS4 was old age...

This is not meant to be against you but as my memory still brings up the 5-minute saving time which sometimes gave an error that prevented the save from actually happening and I had to just quit without saving and hope it does not glitch again the second time, or random crashes, made TS3 stressful gameplay. Yes, I have a better PC now but TS4 is very stable.

Offline Ninane

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2019, 03:54:42 AM »
I then tried it, my sim died by the end of the first day, next try, he survived into the second day, before dying, third try, he died the second day. I found Sims 4 stressful. As I don't play games to be stressed, I returned to Sims 3.

How? I mean, I am at the sixth generation and the only way my sims had died in TS4 was old age...

This is not meant to be against you but as my memory still brings up the 5-minute saving time which sometimes gave an error that prevented the save from actually happening and I had to just quit without saving and hope it does not glitch again the second time, or random crashes, made TS3 stressful gameplay. Yes, I have a better PC now but TS4 is very stable.

I'm also curious how they're dying. :)

As for Island Living - I'm VERY excited about this expansion pack.  I've watched videos which show all of the CAS and build mode items and it's extensive!  I'm impressed with what we're getting all the way around.  I'm also in the camp of being happy with the Sims 4 neighborhood format.  No more lag - which is great!!  And never underestimate the beauty of multitasking.  I've already prebuilt the shell of the house I'll be using in Island Living (a pretty cool A-frame if I do say so myself).  Can't wait until it's here!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2019, 05:31:07 AM »
@TomasGrizzly @Ninane from memory:- and this was back when it first came out, and I've logged far too many hours in Sims 3 since then to remember for sure, the first time was when I tried to have my sim cook something. The second time was when I decided that they wouldn't cook. I honestly can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure it was cooking/eating related.

I do also know that I struggled each time I tried Sims 4 with the controls. It almost seems that they are in reverse to what my brain thinks they should be or something like that.

My Sims 3 game gets the does not save glitch thing ... every time it is due to the amount of time its been since I last saved/exited the game (I should know by now that if I leave it running on the computer for three or four days straight that it won't save for me). It seems to me that if the game was started prior to an origin update, and it tries to do the update (I have them set to automatic updates) that seems to coincide with the crashing and burning of my game.

But, as I said previously, I'm very pleased others are enjoying Sims 4 and looking forward to Island Living. I enjoy reading the dynasties/other stories on here and the pictures.

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2019, 07:27:02 AM »
@Deklitch to be honest, the TS4 camera controls are weird. I went into settings immediately and switched to TS3 controls.

And, just as you, I am the person who likes to see people enjoy things. So, if TS3 still works well for you, enjoy it!

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2019, 12:54:29 PM »
A question, mostly for the master builders around here:
Do you think it'll be possible to make a half-level terrace above the ocean? I'll try to make a "drawing" to demonstrate...

-----------------
                      |
second floor   |
-----------------
                     |   __________terrace
first floor       |       |    |     |
__________ |       |    |     |  foundation over sea on poles
(ground)               |    |     |
-------------------------------------- (sea level)

There would be stairs from both first and second floor and the terrace would serve as an outdoor hangout area with a grill and some seating.
What makes me wonder is the lack of any walls/fences so the area is technically not a room - and thus I don't know if the pulling up/down works on them (let alone over water).

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 02:41:12 PM »
Well a few more tweets added today.

@TomasGrizzly I hope you can but I have know clue how.

Anyway I just hope we can ha basements under the ocean. Something about an underwater secret lab makes me smile.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2019, 02:20:25 PM »
Well good news some of what I thought was features of this pack are features of the patch and free. to see what is in the patch click the link you the patch thread below.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=30811.0

Information has been slow lately on Island Living, but I am still on the hunt.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2019, 07:18:20 PM »
@scoed  that's because of the embargo on for people who get the pack free to make guides etc. Carl has to be very careful what he releases, be assured, guides are being worked on right now behind the scenes.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2019, 08:18:37 AM »
Am I the only one who is way more excited for Real Of Magic than Island Living?  ;D

But seriously, I am super excited for this pack ever since I heard about Mermaids, we are FINALLY getting a new Occult and it's about darn time and they seem amazing! I never cared for Mermaids in Sims 3 but I really love what I'm seeing with Sims 4 Mermaids!  ;D

Loving all of the water activities too and is that a DOLPHIN?! My Sims are gonna have a new best friend! Everything is beautiful, the world, the CAS the build/buy mode and there's waterfall woohoo!

I also think that we are spoilt for choice when it comes to careers for this pack and I'm loving the new ways to do careers both old and new, I just love this kind of versatility in games.

I can't wait for this pack to come out!  :D

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »
@Rainbow Dash I too am beyond stoked about Realm of Magic. If it wasn't for mermaids it would have easily overshadowed Island Living. But mermaids are going to be a thing in Island Living so I am beyond stoked for it as well.

Can I ask the community a favor? I want  to keep this thread up to date with the latest officially sourced information on Island Living, but I haven't had time lately to check Twitter and the like, do to family medical complications keeping me at the hospital. So can you all if you run across something from official sources you find interesting or new post it on this thread? I have become a bit distracted since yesterday.

Thanks.