Author Topic: Sims 4 Island Living and Other EA Play Info  (Read 16526 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Island Living and Other EA Play Info
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 04:29:04 PM »
I too have been watching Deligacy and others and the more I hear the more excited I am. Well except from "official" sources as they seem obsessed with tanning. When are they going to covor Merfolk with the same detail? Over 16 tweets on sunbathing and only one on merfolk? I think that is a bit reverse of what it should be at least as for as my interest go.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 08:30:01 PM »
@scoed Well, that is just ridiculous. How can tanning be important when one can just give their Sim a darker skin color in CAS? I do miss the lounge chairs, though. I guess there is the possibility that many have already played with Nyx's mermaid mod, and therefore are not as excited about mermaids as the rest of us. I never played with it though.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 09:08:52 PM »
@Nindigo Well no new info on the people of the sea but at least the latest tweets cover something cool, weather. Monsoons look scary hopefully make death by lightning a bit easier. That death took forever to make happen. I like weather in sims. I just with they would talk a little about mermaids and their powers. I hear rumors good and evil traits limit them, and that is cool if true. And now we have information on vampires and sunbathing. Well,t Vampires and how pack this pack affects them sunbathing have as many tweets as the occult that is coming with it, Mermaids. That is kinda sad.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2019, 10:10:16 PM »
@Nindigo as it was my most loathed expansion pack of Sims 3 (even more than Seasons (which says something) - and those are the two I haven't installed on my computer) I really don't think there'll be any difficulty in it appearing anywhere in my Sims 4 game load screen :), apart from them trying to convince me everytime I open Sims 3 that I really want to be playing Sims 4, which I don't - I still find Sims 4 overly stressful.

@scoed good to hear that they've learned somewhat from their Sims 3 experiences of opening all their new content to all their existing worlds.

Re Tanning --- shown to have bad side effects for humans, it'd be interesting if the side effects are an issue in game for the sims as well.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2019, 02:49:48 AM »
Yeah, let's introduce a new type of death (as that always seems popular) - skin cancer from too much sunbathing. *Leans back and watches immagined lines of poor Simmers crying over their Sim lost to the oh-so-cruel sun* Hey, at least they went down with an alluring tan. That has to count for something. /sarcasm

Oh, new idea just sprung up in my head - death by ugliness. And death by dressing uglyly. My fear of going to the doctor this morning is taking its toll on me. Sorry.

I very much like that mermaids can be "dark" as well. I'm going to make some premades into merfolk - Don, for instance. Imagine him flap a tail while lifting weights. Hmm, can merfolk be obese while being in their mer-form? If yes, will they sink?

I gotta stop here :o

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2019, 04:56:14 AM »
The reason there were so many tweets about tanning is it took a lot of words to explain the things about how it'll work with CC - which is useful for CC creators and gives them a chance to update their creations between now and the patch/expansion (though, if they set it up correctly, it should not be needed).

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2019, 01:00:03 PM »
@Nindigo well fat floats far better than muscle so a fat person floats better than a skinny person. Trust this fat man on this. So a fat merperson wouldn't likely sink, but may have serous issues diving like a good merfolk should. If he/she is as heavy as me they may be stuck bobbing on top of the ocean like a bouye. I wonder if a mermaid can drown like a regular sim? I hope not. What is the point of being a merperson if they can still drown?

and by the way I added yet more info to the post above.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »
@TomasGrizzly I get that, but fish tails will also affect CC at least as much. I am not really complaining about the sunbathing posts just the lack of posts on the main feature at least for me mermaids. But we have got some today and that made me happy. Well more than happy excited as well. I LOVE occult sims.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2019, 02:42:37 PM »
@scoed Do you always portrait yourself in such a flattering manner? Shame on you :-*

I would be uncool if a half-fish could drown. I'm impressed by how much new gameplay features and CAS items that come with this expansion. It feels very rich compared to Get Famous and StrangerVille. Can't wait to try it all out. The neighborhood looks quite dreamy - a place I could really use a vacation to in real life. The dolphins seem a bit token-ish, though. I also do see some re-used animations and such, too.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2019, 04:00:52 PM »
@Nindigo Flattering, unflattering, the truth is the truth. I don't like to worry about how people see me, waists too much time and effort. It could be said I don't have any shame.

Anyway I agree with you. I love what I have seen so far and the world looks stunning from what I have seen so far. I am so stoked. I may have to wait to try it though, I have faced some unforeseen expenses this mouth. But I look forward to living though others even if it may me a month or so before I can afford it. I am still excited.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2019, 07:49:10 PM »
Live Stream Announcement and Link:

Join us June 20th, 11AM PT for a 2hr livestream that *dives* into Island Living gameplay, CAS, BB and Mermaids

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1139280414214774787 (tweet)

https://www.twitch.tv/events/1UbHCrhVTVeW48dvLyWi3w (Direct Live Stream Link)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 04:25:10 PM »
More updates in the opening thread.

I like this thread. I am so excited for this pack. I haven't been this excited for a sim expansion since Supernatural for The Sims 3. I hope you can tell. I hate Twitter and I an visiting it several time a day to mine it for more, not to keep this post up to date, but because I want to read more. But to be fair I like posting the latest official word here as well. I am telling you as you all know exactly how excited I am. Tell me what has you excited?

As for me, I am so hyped about the merfolk, as I love occults. This is what has me most excited But a close second it the new lot traits. Volcanic Activity, Island Spirits, Off-the-Grid, Oceanic Paradise and Clothing optional all sound fun and Volcanic Activity, and Off-the-Grid have a special fascination to me as I want to build a dystopian post-apocalypse world/lot to play in in one game. Then the world is so well done in my opinion. I am moving a sim there first thing and having whomever marry a merperson ASAP. Swimming in the ocean looks fun as well. But did I mention mermaids, I can't wait!!!!!

Edited to point out in case you missed it the livestream on Island Living will now be two hours long.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruFrost/status/1139631019856760832

I guess one hour just isn't long enough to show all the goodies!!!! Man I am so excited!

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 02:21:52 AM »
Edited to point out in case you missed it the livestream on Island Living will now be two hours long.

It's good to see there's a lot to show. Though, to be honest, wearing a headset for two hours straight in this heat will be a nightmare. Even when the stream is at 20:00 in my timezone.

Edit: if they could tell us when it'll be possible to use 'build your bundle' with Island Living, that'd be nice, so I might do a bit larger upgrade of my game at once.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 05:29:49 AM »
Though, to be honest, wearing a headset for two hours straight in this heat will be a nightmare. Even when the stream is at 20:00 in my timezone.
Speakers?

Offline TomasGrizzly

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 06:21:10 AM »
Though, to be honest, wearing a headset for two hours straight in this heat will be a nightmare. Even when the stream is at 20:00 in my timezone.
Speakers?
If I manage to be home alone, yes. If not, I'm stuck with the headset.