Author Topic: Apartment Exterior wall blank  (Read 5983 times)

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
Apartment Exterior wall blank
« on: March 26, 2019, 06:30:43 PM »
I moved into the apartment lot at 888 Spire Apartments. For some reason the outer patio wall where the piano used to be is blank. I thought maybe if I deleted the wall and extended the patio to the whole edge it would fix it but it just keeps telling me I can't edit beyond my lot. I really don't care for the blank wall, is there a cheat or trick I can use to put the exterior wallpaper on it?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Apartment Exterior wall blank
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
I tried to duplicate what it seems like you're doing -

What I did was selected the apt and went into build/buy mode to edit it. Deleted the inner wall first (near the tv). Then deleted the outer wall near the planter. Repainted both the inner and outer walls using the eye dropper to select the brick wall covering. Used the eye dropper tool again to copy the flooring on the deck.

You can't change outer walls in Sims 4, by design, so no getting rid of the windows on the new part of the deck.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »
Ok I'll pop in and see if i can edit it again.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »
As soon as any edits are made to that room anywhere the wallpaper disappears on the outside of those outer walls and I can't put them back. Ive noticed sometimes placing objects causes wallpaper to be removed before as well on different houses.

Oh well. Its super annoying but I'll live. Maybe we will be able to edit them in the future.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
Shoot, I was really hoping that would work. The only thing I might ? have done differently is I edited the apartment before moving my Sim in. Even after moving her in the walls kept their coverings.

Outside -

Inside -
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 04:21:31 PM »
Its missing in your pictures too. On the left outer wall with the two windows. You can see the blank wall just above the windows. If you rotate its also 2 random wall sections about 4 wall pieces back also.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »
I did notice that when I went to try edit the apartment again just a little bit ago. The wall covering was missing from the outer wall where the windows are. I figured it disappeared because I deleted the wall behind the planter box.

With not being able to edit the outer wall, as it's out of bounds, we can't put the wall covering back on.

Now that I am thinking more about it, I remember talk about that sort of thing, back when City Living first came out.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 04:48:57 PM »
Yeah I remember it too I was hoping there had been some fix for it. It's weird when i place a potted plant and wallpaper disappears, or when i place wallpaper some object goes to my inventory or deletes. Bizarre how those conflict.

anything