Author Topic: The Dynamic Skilling Duo  (Read 14058 times)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: The Dynamic Skilling Duo
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »
My Vampire maxed 16 skills, and my human maxed 17, for a total of 29.60 points.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2019, 03:11:15 PM »

Oh, wow. I never thought I'd see the human topping the vampire. Interesting. Great score, Nikitachi.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2019, 02:28:20 AM »

Oh, wow. I never thought I'd see the human topping the vampire. Interesting. Great score, Nikitachi.

Thank you! Yes, it wasn't supposed to end up like that :D But the luck factor messed up all my strategy.
Can't wait to share it when the event ends. I'm pretty sure Rainbow Dash used the same one, but got better luck.

Offline Elinoee

• Townie
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2019, 06:42:35 PM »
My vampire maxed 17 skills,and her husband 9

17x1.45= 24.65

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2019, 06:24:06 AM »
This challenges ends Sunday, so get those scores in soon.

Offline SnuSnu

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2019, 12:14:39 AM »
OOF. hard this time. My vampire maxed 10 and my human maxed 6 so 10 *1.30=13 points. eeeeek

Offline workingmum8

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 09:13:06 AM »
I really struggled with this one.  Both my vampire and my human completed 9 skills each. 9 x 1.45=13.05.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »
My dear vampire and his lovely wife scored the following:
Vampire 21 skills
Wife 13 skills (13x0,05)+1 = 1,65
= 21 x 1,65 = 34,65

Offline Whimsical Peanut

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2019, 04:32:47 PM »
This is the first competition I manage to submit a score for this year and I did terrible at it :(
My vampire maxed 6 skills and my human maxed 3 skills.

6x1.15= 6.9

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
My Vampire maxed 15 skills, and her helper maxed 10 skills. so if my math is correct, I have a total of:

15x1.50= 22.5

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2019, 06:51:21 AM »
This event is now closed.

Congrats to Rainbow Dash -- back to back wins! :) and thanks to all participants. Everyone is now free to share their strategy for this event.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2019, 09:07:35 AM »
My sim activated 11 relics. I won't lie here, I was hoping for a much better result. Oh well, I never have any good luck with 'chance' challenges. Off to the skills one - I am usually much much better in those!

Those were my words when I finished the previous challenge :D And I won't lie again - I was hoping for the first place in this one. But the fate decided to make me bite the dust again and gave me some horrible luck one more time, which is why I failed all my strategy and ended up with a very unexpected result, where the Human sim scored more than the Vampire one. So, I will tell you the "expectation - reality" story here.

First, I prepared a list of all skills in the game - I found 37 in total. Then I did some maths to find out what is the very maximum score possible if both sims max all 37 skills, but with a different ratio between human and vampire - and I found out that the two best cases were 28 vampire vs 9 human, or 29 vampire vs 8 human (both of these would give a score of 40.60). So that is what I was aiming for.

Next, besides the very obvious skill boosts (traits, club rewards, vampire perks, potions, etc.), I was planning to get the most powerful skilling tool - the Snaggle Fluster drink. It is a hidden drink that can be unlocked when your sim is at level 9 in the Culinary career (Mixology branch), has level 10 Mixology skill and gets a special chance card while at work. So my idea was to raise my Vampire up to these levels, get the recipe and quickly max everything she could. With the Connections reward, I thought that I have more than enough time, given the fact that we also have the Wishing Well which can grant instant promotions. I use it a lot in challenges, and usually get great results. However... this time, the well only gave me a SINGLE promotion during the whole two weeks of playing, although I used it every 8 hours!  >:( It just always filled my performance bar up to the maximum, but I still needed to visit the office to get this promotion. And the Culinary career has a very weird schedule with lots of 2 and 3-day breaks, so I wasted a lot of time on waiting. I only managed to get to level 9 in the very last day of playing, and didn't even get that chance card for the recipe  :'(

On the other hand, my human sim had great luck with the well, wishing for skill boosts. At least once in every 3 or 4 tries, he was getting an instant level 10 in some skill. So he ended up with a lot of skills maxed, and this is how he outperformed the poor vampire. If I knew that beforehand, I would just skip the career for her and just stick to the same wishes for skills.

I don't really know what happened to the well this time. It definitely isn't random, nor it depends on the amount of money granted (I always gave 5,000). I have something in mind, but I will still need to test it further.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2019, 04:35:32 PM »
Congratulations on winning @Rainbow Dash 8).

Great strategy, @Nikitachi!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2019, 03:02:13 AM »
Because I have over ten pages worth of notes here, I'm going to split my strategy up into sections as a day by day account would take too long. I used a combination of Traits, Lot traits, Club perks/boosts, Vampire powers, Reward traits and Mixology drinks, I also made sure my Sims were in the right Very Emotional state for whatever skill they were working on.

Set Up: I toggled through the Fortune, Family, Animal, Love and Vampire Aspirations and when building their house I knocked out a lot of whims to buy stuff, giving Delilah (Human) enough points to purchase Morning Sim and her husband Sylus Morning Sim and Speed Reader. They formed a Club, then I had them renew their wedding vows (I made them a married couple in CAS) and admire their new possessions (Both had the Materialistic trait) to get them in a very good mood. I bought them a Wishing Well and they both wished for skills. Sylus maxed out Mixology immediately, Delilah only got a four hour skill boost.

Vampire Powers: I set Sylus to work on the Vampire Lore skill as soon as possible, using Speed Reader, the Peace and Quiet lot trait and having him be very focused (Research Simpedia) while reading the books. He was done that evening so I took them both to the Narwhal Arms in Windenburg. By this time he had Bat Form, Occult Student (Maxed), Cause Hallucination and one or two ranks (I forgot which) in Child Of The Moon. He spent the night casting Cause Hallucination to rank up until he had enough points to max out Child Of The Moon. He also sparred with Lilith to complete a milestone and used to Dark Meditation to replenish energy. Delilah, in the meantime was painting on the easel outside the bar (Which is why I chose that place).

Clubs: I set the Club activities to whatever skill they were working on at the time, reading and Vampire powers, sometimes changing them depending on what they were doing at the time. I bought Rally the Troops asap, I also bought a skill boost for every level ten skill and the Focused vibe was purchased within the first couple of days. The Club was running all the time.

Rewards: Delilah's first skill was Painting so she could paint emotional paintings and knock out the Fortune and Painting milestones quickly. This way they both had Morning Sim and Night Owl by the end of the first day, they both got Savant not long after that, I wanted to get those rewards asap.

Lot Traits: I used all of the skill boosting lot traits, switching them when needed. Sylus worked on skills that could be boosted by lot traits during the day, but the ones that didn't have lot traits associated with them he did at night so they would get the Child Of The Moon boost instead.

Emotions: My Sims were always in the Very Emotional state needed for whatever skill they were doing, I used the following to help them get there. For overall happy boosts I made them admire possessions, decorations, woohoo, renew vows, reminisce, listen to music or donate to charity (Both had the Good trait). Rally the Troops helped keep their needs high, Woohoo was for fun and social and they washed their hands for hygiene. For other emotions I used Incense burners Cloud/Stargaze, Research on Computer, Emotional paintings and Club Vibes, Sylus dug up a MySims trophy to help his wife with the Playful Painting. I later switched to Emotion Potions when they purchased all the rewards I wanted them to have.

Festivals: I used these to my advantage, Geekcon was first so I had Sylus whip up some Sunlight Reversal Cocktails and Amygdelights, they both drank these before leaving. I quickly had Sylus Ponder Moves before he left, when they arrived he started a Club Gathering, setting a Focused Vibe to overcome the Energized moodlet from the Vampire drink. By the time they left Delilah had level 6 in Rocket Science and Sylus had level 6 in Programming and a shiny new computer from winning the Hack-a-thon! Next week they went to the Humour and Hijinks festival, in a Club gathering of course, Delilah joined the Light Side and told jokes to raise Comedy while her husband drank the Dark tea and pranked everyone for Mischief gain. They both maxed their respective skills before the festival finished.

Other Stuff: I gave them two pets, a Dog named Wolf so Delilah could max the Pet Training skill (Which she did) and Cat named Goose to keep Wolf company, the pets had the automatic feeder and laser litter tray to save time. The Amygdelight drink was drunk regularly to help my Sims master the Rocket Science, Programming, Video Gaming and Logic skills faster. Delilah maxed all the Minor (Level 5) skills and a few level 10 ones, sadly she fell just short of maxing Flower Arranging, finishing at level 9.  :'(

I think that's everything ... I think, I had SO MUCH strategy for this challenge (Literally a different one for each skill) that I have probably left something out, but I hope not, lol. I'll post some statistics, detailing exactly what skills were done, traits they had etc in another post later tonight as this post is getting way too long and it's dinner time here. I hope you enjoy reading and I'll be back later.  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2019, 06:10:10 AM »
Now that I've had a chance to eat, shower and relax, here's a list of what skills were maxed, what skill boosting techniques were used and general statistics etc

Vampire Skills Maxed: (Sylus)

Mixology
Vampire Lore
Programming
Handiness
Video Gaming
Logic
Charisma
Cooking
Gourment Cooking
Baking
Guitar
Violin
Piano
Mischief
Pipe Organ
Writing
DJ
Singing
Fishing
Archaeology
Gardening
Fitness
Acting

Human Skills (Delilah)

Painting
Photography
Pet Training
Selvadoradian Culture
Dancing
Media Production
Bowling
Rocket Science
Wellness
Comedy
Veterinarian

Vampire Powers and Weaknesses

Bat Form
Occult Student (Maxed)
Cause Hallucination
Child Of The Moon
Garlic Immunity

Withered Stomach
Sleep Of The Undead

Traits (Both Sims had the same traits)

Quick Learner
Good
Insider
Materialistic

Rewards (For Both)

Morning Sim
Night Owl
Savant
Antispetic
Independent
Speed Reader (Sylus Only)
Gym Rat (Sylus Only)

Club Perks

Rally The Troops
Focused (Strongest)
Skill boost for all level 10 skills that were maxed. (Didn't bother getting them for level 5 skills)

Emotion Enhancing Stuff

Materialistic Trait (+3 Happy when admiring a new possession)
Good Trait (+1, +2 or +3 Happy boost when donating to charity, depending on the amount of money given)
Insider Trait (+1 From being in a Club meeting constantly)
Club Vibes
Renewing Wedding Vows
Woohoo
Listening to music
Reminiscing
Incense Burner
Lot Traits
Emotion Potions

I switched from the Incense Burner to the Emotion Potions permanently once my Sims had all the reward traits I felt they needed and after the stupid things caused a fire. (Good thing I had a Sprinkler System installed). >:( Said potions were also good for switching moods quickly and overcoming the +3 Energized moodlet Sylus got whenever he drank a Sunlight Reversal Cocktail.

I played in Autumn (Which the game refers to as Fall as it's known in America) in Forgotten Hollows so Sylus could be outside more often during the day without always having to rely on that drink. Of course I always kept a Sunlight Reversal Cocktail or two on him whenever they traveled as the weather varies each world. My Sims did keep trying to woohoo in leaf piles so I had to put a stop to that, lol.  ::) Both of them visited Selvadorada so Delilah could get that skill done, her husband played games on his tablet while waiting. I made certain he could do a skill on the go when it came time for her to do this.

The Garlic Immunity power I bought for Sylus was a random impulse buy, he was out fishing one night and caught some garlic, he had one Vampire point left over so I bought him that, just in case lol!

Sadly Wolf their German Shepherd passed away two days before the challenge ended, R.I.P Wolf.  :'( Regrettably there was no time to mourn and they had to drink their moodlet solvers and carry on. I did use a few of those and sometimes I used Hygiene or Fun potions too.

I did have them use the Wishing Well again towards the end of the challenge but it only gave them both a few levels in skills that one of them had already done. I was trying to get Delilah to finish her Flower Arranging skill but to no avail, she came very close in the end though!

I think that's everything now, phew!  ;D