Author Topic: Issue: Exterior trim on bar  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Issue: Exterior trim on bar
« on: March 02, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »
I can't for the life of me figure out how and/or if I can extend the trim below to cover my little additional section to the StrangerVille bar. Can anyone help?

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Issue: Exterior trim on bar
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2019, 05:48:22 PM »
I think you may have to put some walls there, add the trim, and then delete the walls. I don't actually know if that will help or even if you've figured something out by now. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sawdust123

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 11:39:30 PM »
I can't for the life of me figure out how and/or if I can extend the trim below to cover my little additional section to the StrangerVille bar. Can anyone help?

I suspect you have not added the floor above on the new extension. Those friezes are actually added to the bottom of the floor above even though they appear on the top of the current floor. If you use a piece of flat decking on the top of the build where the frieze is missing you should be able to add the remaining frieze. The only other thing that prevents friezes being added is if there are stairs running along the inside of the wall.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 09:03:14 AM »
Thanks for the tip about adding another floor. I had not figured that out *Blush*

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 04:00:07 AM »
Thanks for the tip about adding another floor. I had not figured that out *Blush*

No shame in that. I only learned that accidentally, myself, trying to duplicate the pierced veranda roofing on the Oasis Springs residential lot, Santrap Flat:

It is not obvious or intuitive, but it is worth asking, and documenting here, because EA's builds use it fairly often.
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 04:07:49 AM »
Thanks, Sindocat. They do all kinds of odd things that I never even think of. Wish I was more inspired and inventive when building. Shoeboxes of varying sizes seem to be the extent of my imagination :-\