Author Topic: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21  (Read 25278 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 01 March 20
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2020, 04:22:26 AM »
I'm not sure about ranks and perks, Rania was an NPC until Jacob moved her in which was while she was still turning, so I never saw her stats to compare them.  I do know that she is listed as offspring under all 3 vamps that turned her so she now has 3 masters!

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 01 March 20
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2020, 04:53:46 PM »
Jonathan Week 4/Eva Week 1

Home-world are really riding our backs right now, both Ariadne and Maddison were summoned to speak before the Council at the same time, but we are working as fast as we can.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I consulted with the Wishing Well again, and it was please to arrange another promotion for me which puts me at the top of my career.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Eva continued to work on her skills, and has now passed her Grade 10 singing exam
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Apparently DJ Mixing is a type of music created on a strange musical instrument called a DJ Booth which produces a variety of sounds and rhythms that the natives find pleasant to dance too.  Eva discovered that there was a local group dedicated to playing this instrument. With their help and encouragement she soon mastered this skill and made some good friends in the process.

Much of her time, however, was spent finishing the collections needed to prove her abilities.  Eventually she acquired enough living space creatures to put into the evidence collection but these were not enough to prove her competence in studying the local environment.  Thankfully one of her new friends told her that many people collect the furry toy creatures called 'Plushies' that come in special wrappers as part of the Mid-Winter festivities.  Fortunately these special wrappers are available all year round and so we released some household funds to purchase a large quantity of these.   Our strategy worked and Eva was able to obtain a full set of these toys. 

This all took time, and I aged up the the fully mature Adult life-stage before it was complete

With her adolescent tasks complete, Eva placed her contributions into the evidence museum on Captain Aaliyah's home lot, aged up to the Young Adult life-stage, and moved out to her own land and ship on Thursday of my fourth week as a Captain.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Maddison took another trip to Home-world to inform the Council

From the journal of Eva Oakes...
Now that I have my own ship, I'm hoping Home-world will leave us alone for a while.  If they don't I have plenty data to pass on.  I have hired my first mate, Milo Dodson and we have entered a progeny generation contract.

With the extra funds that Milo provided, we have purchased a ship building kit and have created a house for our crew. 
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

As father predicted, I had little trouble entering the native space programme.  In fact, they were so impressed with my skills and experience that they allowed me to skip the most basic levels and I am a level 3 Technician without working a single shift so far.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 17 April 20
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2020, 12:13:48 AM »
I will miss handsome Jonathan! 
Eva is so lovely and her new house with Milo is stunning with all its glass, angles, and upstairs loft space.
Looking forward to seeing more of this house, actually.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 May 20
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2020, 10:24:41 AM »
Faith Week 2

My namesake was an unconventional Slayer, but I had hoped my life would follow the accepted route more closely.  Unfortunately that all changed when my darling boy was born. I take hope from that fact that other Slayers have had sons. My namesake's boyfriend Robin Woods is a notable example and he killed his share of vampires, but none them were expected to take the mantle of Slayer. Xander will need a lot of help to be the only male Slayer ever born.  I re-read the slayer diaries looking for clues.

He will need to be super fit and exceptionally intellegent so we focused on those abilities from toddlerhood.

He will need help from his friends, so we encouraged him to invest time with them as a child.

He aged up to teen with these things solidly in place.  He seems to be struggling bit with the responsibily of being Slayer, and has chosen to party, make drinks and entertain people. I can't say I blame him, I would like to do the same some days.

Aminah started to investigate Uni life to see if it would benefit Xander.  She has happily researched student love life,
but we have concluded that taking a Uni course is too time consuming compared to joining a career.

While Aminah has been studying and Chi was earning money writing books, I continued working in the athletics career and gained 3 promotions, I am now a Champion Bodybuilder with a great deal of knowlegdge about fitness.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

By the time I have reached the top of my career, I will have enough produce from my garden to make my mark by slaying 3 notable vampires.  I trust Xander will be ready to take over by then.

Watchers Note: I spelt Xander's name wrong in game, I've corrected it now.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 May 20
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2020, 07:49:51 AM »
Jacob Week 2

I have been thinking hard, and talking to our Founding Sire, and have made my decision. 

Adam will concentrate on more Sim friendly activities in an attempt to overtake the Slayer's family for dominance in this town.  When we are in charge, then the puny Sims will be forced to bow to our will.

To this end Rania and I have firmly guided him into the creative arts, which Sims seem to value highly.

He happily learned some basic skills as a toddler

And he seemed to enjoy the music & art work he did as a child

After he aged up to teen (and fixed his clothes) we left him to work on his piano skill and music aspiration while we concentrated on our own tasks.

Apparently he took some time out to enjoy himself at the Winter Feast, but still he is level 9 in piano and over half way through his aspiration.

My tasks involved gaining promotions in my career and becoming an ever more powerful vampire, and with my usual aplomb I made good progress in both.  2 promotions came my way this week and I am now a level 7 Secret Agent.

I am also a Master Vampire at long last, with level 5 powers to prove it.

My garden continues to develop, the Death Flower plant is full grown and producing flowers.  The Cow Plant is taking longer, I hope there is nothing wrong with it.  I may even give it a name, a piece of sentimentality I rarely feel the need to indulge in.

Rania worked on her vampire powers, and now has great power over her offspring, equal to the power I have over mine.

She is also an excellent painter, which is helpful for the finances and she will no doubt create Masterpieces when she paints portraits of Adam for the family museum, plus she gained a promotion. I made a very good choice in my wife

Khaled & Damien were not entirely useless this week.  Khaled gained a promotion and Damien managed to gain high levels in all his toddler skills.  If he carries on like that in childhood he may prove quite useful indeed.

At the end of the week, I can take a moment to plan for the future.  I need more promotions and my Cow Plant to grow. Adam needs to finish his aspiration and max piano skill, start his 2nd skill and his job, gather a collection for the museum and prove his academic abilities.  Rania needs to paint portraits of Adam in both his forms.  Hmm, more to do than I realised, but I will have my revenge on the Slayers and dominance over this world.

Watchers Note:  Sorry for the long gap, life got busy and playing had to take a bit of a back seat.  Hopefully I will post a bit more quickly for the next chapter. :)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 23 Aug 20
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2020, 11:13:17 AM »
Never had much interest in playing vampires, but I have had a vamp hunter before.  She kind of just fell into it- she had a rough time of it as a teen, and then as a young adult Vlad breaks in and bites her.  This hadn't even crossed my mind before then, but I figured that would make her FURIOUS- she was DONE being anybody's victim!  She trained manically, and the next time Vlad knocked on the door, she beat him up and cured him.  I had long since moved on to other saves before I finally thought of locking him into a room with a cowplant after he'd been cured, to properly slay him once and for all.
Anyway, way back you asked what Buffy was using to hit a vampire with, and I didn't see a reply.  I think it's supposed to be a garlic braid, my sim did the same thing in her fights- that particular game spawned a lot of random vamps, she cured 4 or 5 over a few weeks.  All of them showed up at her door.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 23 Aug 20
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »
Eva Week 2

Unfortunately, my hope of being left alone by Home-world was swiftly dashed.  I was abducted, and Milo was abducted twice.

Home-world are obviously very concerned that there are not enough of our species on this planet as they sent Milo back pregnant from his second trip.

We continued to work hard, Milo gained a promotion, but eventually decided that earning money though painting and teaching Hallie her basic skills were a better use of his time. 

Captain Aaliyah was a great help to him and between them Hallie quickly gained the skills necessary for the toddler age-group. She aged up to child at the end of the week and started on the Social Butterfly certificate.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

We decided to make use of a work-free day to formalise our mating, the ceremony was extremely pleasant, and gave Hallie a chance to meet some of her extended family.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I also gained a promotion, and I spent a lot of time working on my own Ship and have completed several more upgrades to it.

We are now well established on this planet, as it has been 9 weeks since Captain Aaliyah first crashed. I have reached level 4 in my career. I have all my home-world abilities except control over my hunger levels, and my ship just needs a few more upgrades to be perfect. Hallie has made a good start on her childhood tasks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2021, 03:54:37 PM »
Wow, so much happened in Eva's household this update.
First of all, I've never had a male alien get pregnant after being abducted and thus unconsciously believed that it couldn't happen.
Thank you for showing me that's just not true! 

Congratulations Eva and Milo on officializing your mating!  And happy birthday to Hallie!
This household is making great progress!

P.S. I have forgotten some of the past events in your lovely story.  Why is there an alien bassinet in the vampire household?
      If you don't have the time (or interest), no worries.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2021, 07:43:58 AM »
Thanks for reading & commenting Oshizu

The reason for the alien bassinet is that my vampire heir got abducted, had a vamp/alien hybrid baby boy!  I used the cheats in mccc to turn him into an alien because I didn't want to risk the save by having a 2 occult hybrid in it.  Milo is actually the 2nd alien male to be pregnant after an abduction.  It's how Jonathon got a half brother.  There's been a lot of abductions in this game :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2021, 02:22:19 PM »
@HelenP

Wow, that is a lot of abduction-caused pregnancies!  I'm so jealous. 
I'm especially envious that Milo is pregnant!  I've never had a male alien come back pregnant from an abduction. Well, perhaps I don't play aliens enough for that!
Well, I'm happy to know that male aliens can get pregnant---haha, that's incentive to play more aliens!
I'm curious now whether, in the case of Milo and Senior Pollinator Tech #3, the alienboo's genetics will be hereditary or (like human male abductions) randomized.
Please let us know!